Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 21St My Surgery Date And I Am So Excited!

I jave alot of anxiety. I keep habing bad dreams about wierd things happening to me on surgery day that keeps me from having surgery

Such as I fall asleep in the waiting room they call my name but I'm asleep and dont hear my name so i miss surgery! Lol!

I know its because I'm sooo anxious.

I'm a 43 year old female wieghing in at 285. Heaviest I've ever been but have had a lifelong struggle with my wieght....

You are definitely having anxiety for a reason. This is a major surgery. One thing I wish I would have done was researched it more often. My surgery was lapriscopically. With a robot. I had a dream prior to my surgery that I was being operated on then I woke up during and my eyes were taped down. I guess they realizes I woke up and gave me medicine to put me back to sleep. I wasn't excited about my surgery bc I had so many problems with the lap-band I knew what to expect. But for some reason this time around was far far worse. It's almost 2 weeks post and my stomach still aches on the inside every day. My scars are fine. I'll be 23 Wednesday a day after my post op visit and I started at 327. Prior I lost 116 lbs n gained it all back. So I decided to try this but nothing could prepare me for how I feel now. I kinda feel betrayed by my body. Hopefully when I'm down about 40 lbs my insight will change. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

You seem to be worrying about missing the surgery, because this is obviously something that you want really bad. That's good, u will need that motivation to make sure you do everything right. I wish u luck and a speedy recovery.

Dear trynagain,

Hang in there, you will feel better. are u moving around or laying a lot? Moving around helps with the trapped air, that's what causes most of the pain you experience. Do u have like maybe a runners cramp feeling on your left side? This is normal for its where most of the work in your belly was done. Take it easy, two weeks after a major surgery isn't long. I hope you get to feeling a bit better. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for your support. I dont know too much about the lapband other than my surgeon doesnt do them because of too many complications. I am really excited...10 days away as of today! I've already started exercising...I've already bought my Proteins and what not. I'm having my bypass done at Toledo Hospital. They have been rated a bariatric center of excellence. My surgeon is Dr. Patrick White. I have several friends that had their surgeries done successfully by him with few complications. :)....My latest dream was that I was pregnant and couldnt have the surgery! Good thing I'm abstinant! Lol!

post-11013-13813809563866_thumb.png

Dear trynagain' date='

Hang in there, you will feel better. are u moving around or laying a lot? Moving around helps with the trapped air, that's what causes most of the pain you experience. Do u have like maybe a runners cramp feeling on your left side? This is normal for its where most of the work in your belly was done. Take it easy, two weeks after a major surgery isn't long. I hope you get to feeling a bit better. Keep us posted on your progress.[/quote']

Not really laying around but sitting a lot. Ok this is gross but I'm gonna say it anyway. It feels like when you have to go to the bathroom and can't hold it. But my gas is outrageous. Definitely embarrassing bc even if I don't pass gas my stomach is so loud it sounds like it. Now I'm having a pain right above 1 of my incisions it feels like I have another incision there. Is it ok for me to get on a eliptical or should I wait till my post op visit. Thanks for the advice hun. And 1 more question how do you post pics in your profile?

Yes my stomache talked for the first three weeks, I swore u could hear it across the room. Omg my farts were horrible, stunk like something died in me, but I'm happy to report that my gas is gone, and if I do fart now, I know I'm not killing anyone LOL!!! I think around week five it let up. My doctor wanted us to walk, but wanted us to wait till follow up to do anymore. Im short so the eleptical always makes me have to stretch, so that's a tough call. Call your team to double check if u don't want to wait. So I have this forum on my iPhone and I just went to setting- profile- and then clicked where your photo would go and it prompted me to add picture? Sorry if that's no help.

Panda, I would think there was something wrong if you had NO anxiety. I think it's perfectly natural to have it because it is a big decision and a serious surgery. But RNY has been around for a long time and surgeries have become so much more advanced as well as the testing to make sure things are ok before they close you up from the surgery. I know I'm nervous and I've only started the process and I've had lapband surgery with two revisions already prior. But if you know this surgery is for you and in the end it's going to help you out...concentrate more on that :) Good luck!

Thamk you so much "Losing It For You" :) Having someone to talk to helps...my small circle of friends have been less than supportive but only because I dont think they understand that its more about my health than vanity