Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had ny gastric bypass 02/29/12 I just got out the hospital 3/05/12 long stay. I was throwing up so bad and couldn't even swallow my spit. I had developed a bowl obstruction. They were going to do surgery again bc I was almost off liquids for a week. Miraculously I woke up Sunday morning and could swallow. You have no idea how good that first ice chip tasted melting in my mouth. Prior to surgery I lost 29 lbs. I don't know my current weight now I go for my post op 3/13/12 1 day b4 my 23rd bday. I haven't ate anything since I left the hospital I just can't seem to make myself. I do eat a lot of ice though. I just started my Vitamins and ulcer meds. I am going crazy I have to be on a straw diet for 6 weeks. Right now I'm suffering so bad. I see food everywhere, driving, on tv, in my dreams. I just cant seem to get away from it. I decided to get this surgery bc I had lap-band in 10/08 lost 116lbs then had my son 6/23/11 and gained it all back Plus. They removed my band bc my scar tissue caused my stomach to close. Now I'm on to this. Right now I'm regretting it bc I want all the bad foods I can't have. And all Protein sucks. Lol. But hopefully its work it but how can I be on liquids for 6 weeks. This is torture. And they want me to consume 60 g of protein. I'm barely getting 20g. I need different options besides chicken broth I can't eat another bite. My stomach is fine on the outside but I'm sick of feeling bloated and gassy on the inside. I never read about this before my surgery.

Hang in there. I had my surgery on 12-20-11 and had surgery again on 2-29-12 to repair a twisted intestine. Yes Protein is not fun but I found Isopure drinks at GNC and vit shoppee. They have 40 g of Protein per bottle and come in seven flavors. My fav are the apple, grape and banana pineapple. They have helped me quite a lot. I also use the sunkist Protein Shots. 24 g per shot and they come in grape, orange and fruit punch. These are the only protein shots that I do not have to mix with Water to tolerate.

I also make icee's slushies with as many things as I can. I love my magic bullet.

meat, of any kind has been really hard. Since I started purée food back in Jan I have been sick almost everyday. And you can bet the days I tried meat I was sick the whole day.

I to dream of food but far less now then in the beginning. I dream that I am swimming in the chocolate river in Willy wonkas factory. LOL

I know it is really hard when the food is everywhere. I am trying to keep motivated through taking my measurements, pictures of my progress and Crossing things off my list of I can't wait till I can ...... List.

Last night I was at ARBY'S with my family. Yes it was hard to sit there with nothing and watch them eat but when we left I felt so proud of myself that I did not have any of that garbage. My daughter looked at me and said mom is doing so well she is half a person. It made it all worth while.

My family gets one day a month that they can eat anywhere they want. Other than that we are all eating healthy. Just so happens that they always Choose fast food. :(

Message me any time if you need someone to talk to or vent to or just to listen to you.

thank you. I actually got 40g of Protein down so far today. But I'm tired of the feeling of having gas all day. How much weight have you lost so far. My husband is thin and can eat whatever he wants so we went to burger king and I just stayed in the car while he went in and ate. He got back in the car smelling like a nice onion cheeseburger. I almost bit his fingers lol.

thank you. I actually got 40g of Protein down so far today. But I'm tired of the feeling of having gas all day. How much weight have you lost so far. My husband is thin and can eat whatever he wants so we went to burger king and I just stayed in the car while he went in and ate. He got back in the car smelling like a nice onion cheeseburger. I almost bit his fingers lol.

I have lost 60lbs since surgery. I have had a rough day with Protein. Going to have an Isopure later to make sure I get in enough.

I know what you mean about the smell! Lol.

My goal is 80 more but I have a feeling I will need to stop before I am there. I have never been that low in my life.

How about you? Lost? And goal.

Before surgery I lost 30 lbs bc of this shot called victoza, for slightly high blood sugar. I haven't weighed myself since I left the hospital 3/5. My post op is 3/13 so I will know then. My goal would be 140lbs I would like to get smaller than I did with the lab-band. I didn't get my 60g today ill try again tomorrow. I'm so sick of the feeling of gas. Does that go away soon. I would like to weigh 160-180lbs. I want to eat so bad. What foods are you eating now. How long did you stay on the liquids. I feel 6 weeks is torture. You are doing great with your weight loss. I hope to follow in your footsteps.