Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good for you Ray!!!!! I'm just surprised because my doctor started me with more food , not much more but more and it's bothering me.

Well, I see a bit of variation between doctors. If you contact your doctor, he may suggest less food, depending on your procedure and situation. Never hurts to ask. I hear so much about the stretching of the pouch, and I really want to avoid that. I chose this type of surgery to motivate me to restrict my intake. I'm in a whole new realm of food intake, and this is only the beginning for me. Hopefully after a year, I will have a better relationship with food and nutrition. I hope the same for you...

First week back to work has been interesting. An meeting with my cardiologist on 06-25-12 led to a reduction of my BP meds. Tuesday I began solid foods. I tried hot dogs, chili, hamburger, potato salad, imitation crab, almonds, cashews, fruit smoothies, puréed stew, cantaloupe. It's been a mixed bag of success & failure. Most went down ok, as long as i kept the portion very small, chewed to a pulp, and held back fluids. However, almost everyday brought nauseous feelings, at home and work, and the end of the week caused me to leave work due to loss of food. This is hard, and very frustrating, but I need this tool to get things improving on my health. I daily recognize how much I enjoyed eating, large quantities of delicious food. I have to accept that I have sacrificed so much to better my health. I don't know how my ability to tolerate quantities and types of foods of my past will proceed, but I have already made a commitment to explore all possibilities as long as I respect my new stomach, and stay as true as I can with my goals. Most importantly, I couldn't get thru any of this If it weren't for Kellylynn, my love, my life, my friend. Her strength and experience in dealing with her own health issues spill over into my life and journey with hope and encouragement. Together, we tag-team our way thru some very similar conditions. We support each other, and we are both strengthened daily in our efforts. I Love You, Kellylynn. Thank You for everything...

Hey all' date=' I'm Ray, and I'm on my way to RNYGB. I've been creeping up the scale from 235lbs in 1995 to a bulging 415 at the beginning of 2011. High BP, borderline diabetic, loving food, life was good. Of course, then life expectancy for males in my family was around 62, and being 52 now, my retirement plan was to work until I literally and actually dropped. However, life puts important people in your life that can change your perspective, and that happened to me: Kellylynn. So I began to get selfish. I decided that I wanted more time on this rock, to lengthen my trip on this rock, and to do that. I needed to care about myself and my health. So, I saw the Docs, got some tests, added meds, and listened to the same old spiel about balancing those food groups and exercising towards the golden prize. However, the deep, dark, recesses of my mind continued to rule the delicious and comforting roost. I needed a tool, something aggressive, something my mind had little say so, so I decided to get radical and choose to pull the rug out from under my thunder. I'm choosing the bypass, gastric style. After tons of input, learning I could reduce or eliminate my current and future obesity-related ailments, I began my journey towards 5 tiny incisions and an even tinier stomach pouch. And, as I knock out the requirements of tests, probes, education, psychoanalysis, and about 23 lbs of initial dietary struggling, I draw nearer to a referral to a surgeon who will alter my digestive system to literally FORCE my mind out of the drivers seat. And, to be honest, I'm more than a little scared. Yeah, I'm pretty heavy, and that weight continues to take its toll, but I work, I'm active, I'm living a very happy existence, and I'm about to toss the biggest monkey wrench into my own biological gears. Fear creeps in, and my mind is trying to talk me out of it. My mind knows quite well what is about to happen, and it wants me to stop, teasing me with visions of many delicious things and countless hours of comfort from the fullness of wonderful flavors and sensations. But, as I write this down, I shall tell my mind to mind it self. I choose me, a better me, a better and healthier life, and I shall risk much, to lose more, and end up in a winning position. I just hope that position is not spent bent over a toilet seat...[/quote']

Whoa! You have a way with words! You need to write a book!