Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you Countrygirl. I'm pretty much the same starting weight as you. Congratulations on your weight loss. I can't wait for my surgery.

The weight will melt off & you won't realize it but others will .I was a size 22nd & currently a size6/8.i only bought 3 pair of shorts & pants on clearance for $8 each no new shirts but yet waiting on those, bra size was 42 DAD & NOW 3rd , no more back problems yay!! Shop @goodwill or clearance items &get maybe 3 but only after current clothes are falling off because it's a rapid lose &ya don't wanna waste $$$ also look on clothing exchange list on this site. I gave 23 bags of clothing away & never want that much again..

I am down 80 pounds. My stomach was already a mess from pregnancies and previous weight loss. I started out losing a lot there but my body right now is taking it off my behind, feet, fingers, calves.

The worst place right now is right under my arm pits. I had no idea how much I would lose there. My arms actually look pretty good for what I've lost on them but that armpit/side boob area looks like a deflated balloon.

I wish you luck! It's frustrating but everyone loses differently and every one's skin responds differently.

I had my gastric bypass last year at the age of 43. I have lost just over 100 lbs. It was worth it. My only problem is the excess skin hanging and you can only tone up but so much of the skin. I have to have my doctor write a referral to a plastic surgeon to get the excess skin taken off. I can only pray that my primary doctor will do this for me. I don't like the way my body looks at all. I was prepared for the weight loss, but was not ready for the hanging skin.

I had my gastric bypass last year at the age of 43. I have lost just over 100 lbs. It was worth it. My only problem is the excess skin hanging and you can only tone up but so much of the skin. I have to have my doctor write a referral to a plastic surgeon to get the excess skin taken off. I can only pray that my primary doctor will do this for me. I don't like the way my body looks at all. I was prepared for the weight loss, but was not ready for the hanging skin.

Same here

Did anyone begin shopping prior to surgery? By this I mean, looking for clothes in smaller sizes in anticipation of losing? How do people keep up with their change in size?

I did not buy smaller sizes before surgery, but I did buy a sweater in my " goal" size after surgery. I can fit into it now even though I am not at goal. I would try it on periodically to show me how close I was getting. This really helped when the scale wasn't moving but I was losing inches.

I now have an addiction to Goodwill, and will buy clothes that are smaller sizes. It doesn't break the bank, and I don't have to panic when my pants are about to fall down :).