Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It happened to me too!!

I've been banded for a little over 8 months and have never PB'd..........until yesterday. My in-laws have a picnic every summer for the family. There is always plenty of food!!! So when I fixed my plate I did it the way a bandster would have. I grabbed a chicken leg, 1 rib and a spoonful of spaghetti. Now I have never had a problem eating anything. Well I was picking at the chicken leg eating small pieces of it and then decided I wanted to have a bit of spaghetti. It's never given me a problem before so why not? Ate the first bite and seemed ok. Ate the second bite and again all was great in the world. Ate the third bite and WHAM!!!! The golfball feeling that I have heard about so often but never felt!!! I pushed my plate away and couldnt even look at the food anymore. It was just sheer pain. So I'm sitting there not knowing how to handle this and I'm patting my chest thinking that maybe that will help move things along. Why would I think that?? So then I figured I would try walking around and maybe it would help. All of a sudden I got this salty taste in my mouth and all this saliva and it hit me what was happening. Now mind you I am at the park and the closest bathroom is about 2 blocks away. There is no way in hell I would make it there. So I found the closest tree I could find and hugged it!! I mean this restriction came out of the BLUE!! Yep...that's when it hit me. I'm a true bandster.

I still get that stuck feeling every once in a while, and have even PB'd once AFTER my band was removed!! Casper's doing his job... :eek:

Welcome to the land of PBs. May it be your last. :)

Ate the third bite and WHAM!!!! The golfball feeling that I have heard about so often but never felt!!! I pushed my plate away and couldnt even look at the food anymore. It was just sheer pain. So I'm sitting there not knowing how to handle this and I'm patting my chest thinking that maybe that will help move things along. Why would I think that?? So then I figured I would try walking around and maybe it would help. All of a sudden I got this salty taste in my mouth and all this saliva and it hit me what was happening.

great description thats exactly what its like for me to. i hate it so much it keeps me in line with chewing! i fear the PB and hope its your last too!

michelle

Wow, must have been something in the air yesterday! We were eating at Chilis and I was enjoying my grilled chicken breast. Wham! Got to the bathroom in time for relief.

Note: Always check out where the bathroom is before you sit down!

Been there, done that. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "tree-hugger!"

My wished for you as well, that your days of PBing are over. You're a true bandster!!

Must have been something in the air this past week. I was eating some potato salad the other day. Chewing really well or so I thought. No problems at all. Ate a piece of cheese then WHAM there it was. Only this time it wasn't a golf ball it was a soft ball feeling. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not eat anything for the rest of the day. liquids wouldn't even go down. I just let my tummy rest for the rest of the night and then the next morning I tried Breakfast and WHAM it was back. Obviously the one piece of potato salad hadn't gone through and it was partially blocking the opening. I could at least drink Water and liquids the next day. During lunch I felt it pass through and stuck with liquids the rest of the day and into the next day to give my tummy a much needed rest.

I can't stress enough to everyone to CHEW CHEW CHEW your food. I was getting ready to call my hunky doc when it passed on through the opening. THat is NOT a good feeling.

Maybe it's the heat. I could not keep anything down today. I wished I only had pb once.... what it must be like.:)