Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to the grocery store today and I was stumped. At 4 weeks out, what do you eat?

Besides the normal stuff from the very liquidy last few weeks... I feel I can pretty much eat just about anything now (with caution, of course) but as I was walking through the grocery store I couldn't figure out any good "transition" foods.

What were you eating at 4 weeks out?

Besides the normal stuff from the very liquidy last few weeks... I feel I can pretty much eat just about anything now (with caution, of course) but as I was walking through the grocery store I couldn't figure out any good "transition" foods.

What were you eating at 4 weeks out?

ham, eggs, cheese, chicken, pretty much any veggies, hamburgers (moist cooked), shrimp, spaghetti sauce, baked pork strips, broccoli w/cheese, sweet potatoes, etc...hope those help

At 4 weeks, I was eating canned salmon, small amount of scrambled eggs and Protein Shakes. The scrambled eggs were still hard to eat even in 2 ounce quantity. If you like salmon, the canned wild salmon is good where you can scoop out 1-2 ounces. I think I was still mostly a shake-aholic back then with the occasional Tomato Protein Soup thrown in when needing a break from shakes.< /p>

At 4 weeks, I was eating boiled eggs, shredded cheese, refried Beans, ground turkey meat.< /p>

I wonder if it's helpful to think in terms of what we CAN'T easily eat at that time? I couldn't do dry meats, whole meats (like a chicken breast, chops, steaks, etc.), popcorn, nuts, raw veggies or fruits.

Other than that, what did you used to eat pre-op? Should be able to do most of those things.

I cooked all the meat in the pressure cooker or in the crockpot so it was moist and falling apart, and we did well with that. Most of the recipes on my blog were things we ate that were cooked soft. We still eat the same way because dry meat is still difficult for us.

I posted a taco casserole today that is soft and very easy to eat. It may be easier for you to think of specific recipes or things you used to cook, and as long as it's not a dry hunk of meat, you should be good to go.

ham, eggs, cheese, chicken, pretty much any veggies, hamburgers (moist cooked), shrimp, spaghetti sauce, baked pork strips, broccoli w/cheese, sweet potatoes, etc...hope those help

I am starting to crave some fruits and veggies. Spinach in particular. I had some apple sauce the other day and my stomach was like "NO MA'AM!" and shut that down. It didn't like applesauce. Weird.

THIS GIVES ME HOPE!!

I am starting to crave some fruits and veggies. Spinach in particular. I had some apple sauce the other day and my stomach was like "NO MA'AM!" and shut that down. It didn't like applesauce. Weird.

I love spinach. You should be able to cook and have some...have you tried? I would steam it and either add some cheese for more Protein or just eat it steamed with salt (and butter if you want). It's a soft food when cooked for sure

Make sure when u eat spinach to cut it up in small pieces.. Spinach is quite stringy and I read somewhere that it can cause issues if you don't cut it up..as far as variety after 4 weeks, the hospital gave me binder for the phases that I will be going through..here is what they suggest.. Fresh firt, all cooked veggies, bran or whole grain Cereal, whole grain rice and Pasta, cooked legumes, Beans and peas, shellfish and all meats u can tolerate. All foods that u had on your soft diet.

Once I have my surgery, my stage 5 lifetime eating ,the Nut said to have 4 oz of food, 3 times a day, plus one Protein snack. I am female, 5 feet one inch..so I am on the lower scale to eat only 4 ounces per meal. And 64 oz of Water, not same time as meals. Hopefully this helps.

Ps she suggested cut food into peas size..chew..and eat Protein first before anything else. I am to eat 1.5 oz of meat at each meal..please a high protein snack such as Greek yogurt, Protein Drink etc,,1/4 to 1/2 cup for snack.

My fave soft food was imitation crab meat sticks. I chopped it up and made it into crab salad. And I would slice them into thin disks and snack on them.

I love spinach. You should be able to cook and have some...have you tried? I would steam it and either add some cheese for more Protein or just eat it steamed with salt (and butter if you want). It's a soft food when cooked for sure

No I haven't tried yet. Have you tried eating salad yet? How did that work?

I ate eggs, string cheese, cottage cheese with canned fruit, ground chicken and turkey, greek yogurt and most veggies were ok if you cooked them until they were really soft......also mushed up Beans. Also did Protein smoothies with all kind of fresh fruit. Good Luck!

Make sure when u eat spinach to cut it up in small pieces.. Spinach is quite stringy and I read somewhere that it can cause issues if you don't cut it up..as far as variety after 4 weeks, the hospital gave me binder for the phases that I will be going through..here is what they suggest.. Fresh firt, all cooked veggies, bran or whole grain Cereal, whole grain rice and Pasta, cooked legumes, Beans and peas, shellfish and all meats u can tolerate. All foods that u had on your soft diet.

Once I have my surgery, my stage 5 lifetime eating ,the Nut said to have 4 oz of food, 3 times a day, plus one Protein snack. I am female, 5 feet one inch..so I am on the lower scale to eat only 4 ounces per meal. And 64 oz of Water, not same time as meals. Hopefully this helps.

Ah, to be able to eat 4 oz at one time......:P. I can get down about 2 oz at 8 weeks.

No I haven't tried yet. Have you tried eating salad yet? How did that work?

salad not so good. Didn't sit well for me. Try it if you think you can handle it, but my dr said no salad until 6 months. I guess it's hard on your stomach.