Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some of the comments you get?

Once everyone sees your committed, the negative comments stop. My brother up until 10 minutes before surgery told me "my offer is still on the table. I can pick you up right now and we can go home, start exercising, and you'll see that you didn't need this"

I stayed at the hospital :P

My family and everyone now sees how beneficial this surgery was for me and how much I've changed my eating habits. I knew that all the negativity was because they were scared for me.

I do have a couple of old coworkers who are EXTREMELY jealous and will make comments. Go figure, I was one of the "big girls" before, and now that I've lost weight, apparently we can't be friends. It's okay though, thinking about it now, all I would do with those friends is eat junk food and gossip.

Stay positive and remember that this surgery is only for you and no one else.

I haven't heard the first negative thing. I told my entire family and everyone was super supportive of me having the surgery. Everyone is super supportive now that I'm post op. It definitely made things a lot easier for me.

I have had so much positive support ......my dad just said I hope you are happy with this change and he paid all my co-pays yay him for that...my mother said why are you doing this I explained why she said have your baby call me when you are in recovery (my parents live in another state)......my sister was like why girl you crazy I explained it to her then she said can I get it too LMBO....my brother said I hope you feel super hot after this and be happy sis love you.......both my daughters have been my biggest encouragement and supporters......two of my cousins took off of work to be with me today for my surgery and I will be staying at their house for the first 24 hours.....my whole family has been so supportive even all my friends.....my co-workers have been great they keep saying oh baby we can't do nothing with you now oh lord we bout to have a beast on our hands lol........everyone has been happy for me which has made the journey easier.