Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some of the comments you get?

Hi. ..I was wondering what kind of comments other people are getting when you mention that you are getting VSG? I hear and see alot of people say that they aren't telling anyone. . well when you go from a a size 20 to a 14..what are you suppose to say lol? I have only shared this journey with a couple of people because of the negative vibes that ive gotten. .My manager and I have a wonderful relationship and he blew a gasket...no no no you dont need that...thats dumb...then to my loving boyfriend. .no..thats the easy way out and I dont agree. .im like damn can anyone support me here...My mother lives 6 hrs away and she is 100% supportive but I feel like I need a good support system here as well and I don't really have it....ALL the people who suoport me are 6 hrs away...just wanted to know if anyone else was going thru this....the NUT said that I definitely need support going thru this....

Shuuuuuuu (wiping my brow) glad to get that off of my chest!

patiently waiting

Trust me, this is NOT the easy way out!...Maybe you can educate your boyfriend more about it. Bring him to either a nut or dr visit. And if you dont want anyone to know, they don't have to. Just say you've been trying to lose weight...you have. It's all about what you are comfortable with.

Thanks for your kind words

patiently waiting

Ask your boyfriend if cutting out 80% of his stomach and dragging it out through a slit in his belly sounds easy. How about a stapler working on his insides.

This, the most frequent objection to this operation, is also the most asinine.

Ask your boyfriend if cutting out half of his stomach and dragging it out through a slit in his belly sounds easy. How about a stapler working on his insides.

This' date=' the most frequent objection to this operation, is also the most asinine.[/quote']

Lmao... that's funny. .. Because of his negative comment at Just the mention of it. .I don't even share any info with him... when I go to support groups. .. when I go to appointments. . nothing. . so right now he still doesn't know what I'm doing. I will find out if I'm approved on Monday so Monday night will be the sha-bang,

patiently waiting

You know, going to Tijuana, having 80% of my stomach cut out, eating 800 calories a day for a year and literally exercising my ass off was SUPER EASY! I took the easy way out. Yup. That's how I roll. You keep coming here for support! Tell your boyfriend to get on board or get out of your way. This surgery will change your life!

I don't hold back. I tell everyone. This surgery has been nothing short of a miracle. I have more control than ever.

Keep at it! You are are going to do great!

You know' date=' going to Tijuana, having 80% of my stomach cut out, eating 800 calories a day for a year and literally exercising my ass off was SUPER EASY! I took the easy way out. Yup. That's how I roll. You keep coming here for support! Tell your boyfriend to get on board or get out of your way. This surgery will change your life!

I don't hold back. I tell everyone. This surgery has been nothing short of a miracle. I have more control than ever.

Keep at it! You are are going to do great![/quote']

Lol. ... that's great and love your attitude. .I do agree! I've been dreading this conversation with him but it's going to be a like it or lump it. ..I just checked my email and the office coordinator emailed me on Friday to let me know that she is 99% sure that I'm approve from speaking with the case manager at BCBS and she will call me Monday to set up all of my appointments. .. I'm screaming inside with a small tear running down my cheek. .. so I plan on dropping the bomb Monday night because I know they are saying that he has to come to at least 2 after care appointments with me!

patiently waiting

It is in no way the easy way out. So someone posted this comment on another post..."I would rather have surgery on my stomach then on my heart!" For me if I tell someone in doing it and they make a comment that is my come back. That usually shuts them up because it is so true! For me my feeling yes surgery and life style change is hard... But living the way I am living is very hard! Not going things I want to do with my husband and son... That's hard! Getting my life back... I'll take it!! Good luck! Xoxo

Lol. ... that's great and love your attitude. .I do agree! I've been dreading this conversation with him but it's going to be a like it or lump it. ..I just checked my email and the office coordinator emailed me on Friday to let me know that she is 99% sure that I'm approve from speaking with the case manager at BCBS and she will call me Monday to set up all of my appointments. .. I'm screaming inside with a small tear running down my cheek. .. so I plan on dropping the bomb Monday night because I know they are saying that he has to come to at least 2 after care appointments with me! patiently waiting

Oh that is exciting! Will have my fingers crossed for your approval!!! You are going to ROCK this surgery!!

The one that will forever be remember is "have you lost your f-ing mind?!?!! Why the f would you cut your stomach?!?! Are you crazy?!?!"

My best friend was like "meh... Your body, your choice. I'm behind you in whatever you decide"

My dad "..."

My brother "you're a lazy ass. We can exercise together and you won't need that stupid surgery"

My brother "you're a lazy ass. We can exercise together and you won't need that stupid surgery"

And *this* is exactly how my family will react, and I'm in no way, shape or form going to subject myself to that. Just when you think you know someone, especially family, it backfires. Thankfully, my family is 3+ hrs away, and my husband will be the only person to know.

To the OP, I probably won't be approved until January, so I plan on telling people that I finally committed to a New Years Resolution. :) Working out, smaller portions, cleaner eating, etc.

The one that will forever be remember is "have you lost your f-ing mind?!?!! Why the f would you cut your stomach?!?! Are you crazy?!?!"

My best friend was like "meh... Your body' date=' your choice. I'm behind you in whatever you decide"

My dad "..."

My brother "you're a lazy ass. We can exercise together and you won't need that stupid surgery"[/quote']

Lol. .. yeah you seen to get the "Hey we can Walk/exercise together" conversations AFTER you say you that you're having surgery. . lol sheesh

Keeping my fingers crossed

You can do this and it is not even close to taking the easy way out. I had lap band surgery in 2010 and it was extremely hard. I recently had it removed due to complications and will be having the sleeve done in the near future. This is one of the hardest things we will ever do. Try to keep strong. If you need to chat send me a private message.

You can do this and it is not even close to taking the easy way out. I had lap band surgery in 2010 and it was extremely hard. I recently had it removed due to complications and will be having the sleeve done in the near future. This is one of the hardest things we will ever do. Try to keep strong. If you need to chat send me a private message.

Thanks a Million

Keeping my fingers crossed

Once everyone sees your committed, the negative comments stop. My brother up until 10 minutes before surgery told me "my offer is still on the table. I can pick you up right now and we can go home, start exercising, and you'll see that you didn't need this"

I stayed at the hospital :P

My family and everyone now sees how beneficial this surgery was for me and how much I've changed my eating habits. I knew that all the negativity was because they were scared for me.

I do have a couple of old coworkers who are EXTREMELY jealous and will make comments. Go figure, I was one of the "big girls" before, and now that I've lost weight, apparently we can't be friends. It's okay though, thinking about it now, all I would do with those friends is eat junk food and gossip.

Stay positive and remember that this surgery is only for you and no one else.