Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My medical group must approve my surgery?!?!

I called Aetna and they told me that my medical group has to approve my surgery and that they won't even see my paperwork for approval! I then called my medical group and they told me the same thing. I then called my surgeons office and they said the same thing. But know one can tell me for sure what hoops I have to jump through! They all made it sound that as long as I do what my surgeon requires and he thinks I need the surgery I will be fine. Has any one ever dealt with this?

Is your Aetna ***?

I have *** and had to get a referral from my PCP then approval from the surgeon with proof of medical necessity. Once they approved it went to my medical group to be approved then onto insurance.

What is this "medical group?" I have Aetna & my surgeon's office sent all of the information to Aetna for them to review. I had given my surgeon notes from my PCP & the rest he had from all of the tests & consults he had ordered.

Aetna's medical necessity criteria can be found here. It is very similar to others I've seen, including the H-M-O I used to work for doing medical review.

I have Regal Medical Group. They all confirmed that Aetna *** and my plan works this way and Aetna will have nothing to do with my approval. However, my group uses the Aetna bulletin as a guide line but is not necessarily what their approval is based on. Ugh so confusing!

What's the difference between your medical group and your surgeon's office? I guess I'm confused.

Does the medical group oversee and control the health plan?

BCBS ***-PCP had to request referral then provider relations at hospital had to review file before first consult then dr/nut/psychologist and surgeon has to approve then it goes to insurance for approval meanwhile the stress of waiting is causing me to eat more- this process is my comorbidity

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches