Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

1 week away today is the day my life is going to change forever, for the better of course

Wondering if any Perth sleevers want to stay in touch for support

Kell

Hi Kell 77,

Here is a link to a local support for Australian sleevers. You may be able to find someone there. http://www.verticals...al-vsg-support/

Another thing to try is to type Perth into the search box and search forums to see if you find any hits. You can also search members.

Good luck to you on your upcoming surgery and weight loss journey. Welcome to VST.

I'm a Perth girl

I was sleeved August 8 by Jon Armstrong.

Best thing I've ever done and I'm already down 22kg.

Congratulations on your decision.

I'm from Mandurah - sleeved 27th of September.

Hi!!!!

So glad to hear back from u both, any advice you can throw my way???

How is it goin for u both??

I am in at SJOG Murdoch Thursday coming up :))

I'm not going to sugar coat it. The first two days was pain!!! But then I was only on liquid Panadol and by day 4 no pain meds at all.

You will have ups and downs but the ups outweigh the downs. Talk and share how you're feeling and rake things slowly.

If you follow drs orders you shouldn't have a problem.

I keep a bottle of Water with me all the time to ensure I get in enough Water and I would add benefiber and Protein powder to everything like yoghurt, Soups and smoothies. Keep up your Protein and your energy will be great!

Once you get to start eating foods eat slowly and I Leah keep a timer next to me and wait 1-2 mins between bites. That way I can control how much i eat and how I feel after eating.

I wish I had done this so much sooner.

Ow wow great thanks any info is great info...

I think my biggest thing is the breaking habit thing of eating when just sitting around etc..

Did u have to do pre op liquids at all?? My surgeon just said to start it if I wanted to get a head start but nothing about the lead up I have read a heap on here about a couple of days before etc.. I wasn't told any of that??

Really random one too keep reading conflicting info and at the time didn't think to ask surgeon, the stomach that is left over after the pouch is done do they take that out or is it stapled off and just not used again??

Thanks heaps for the info much appreciated

I had to do 2 week full Optifast diet.

The first day was horrid but then I was fine. I think it was a great thing because during those two weeks i was able to get rid of my bread and sugar cravings.

Even now I don't have any cravings for anything!

Bread rice ad Pasta don't sit well but I'm only 7 weeks out so I'm not too worried.

When I'm eating especially around others ill put my fork down between mouthfuls, offer drinks to others, talk and talk then I eat a bit again. I make sure I chew very slowly but I'm getting better.

At the moment I'm on holidays in Hawaii with my husband parents and in laws. I'm finding my parents are constantly worried about how much I'm eating and trying to make sure I am eating as I'm still not feeling hungry yet.

I'm trying to help them learn that that is all I can manage but coming from an Italian family who love food this is a challenge.

But shopping and getting on these scales has been the best thing ever. During my holiday here in the USA I've been able to walk into any store and buy clothes. I even brought new bather bottoms in a normal size.

Please feel free to ask any questions at all. I'm it far out of surgery but I hope I can help

When they go in they staple and remove thr pouch part of your stomach. They totally take it out so you are only eft with your sleeve that is made out of the least stretchy part of your stomach.

My surgeon dr Armstrong at advance surgical have videos on his website.

Chek it out

I've also you tubed videos to see what I was in or as well.

Thank you so much!!!

Glad u r having a great time..

Any suggestions for the clear liquid phase, I have all the opti slim shakes ready plus Protein bottles from iga, bene fibre etc.. More concerned about the clear stuff what did u have?

Hi Officially day 7 post op today! Feeling pretty good. For some reason it won't let me hit enter and go to a new line so this is all going to be in the same paragraph! The first night was probably the worst for me... I had bad gas pains in my chest and there wasn't much I could do about it. I had pain killers on a button so if I was having gas pains I'd hit that and it would knock me out for about half an hour haha I agree day 1 and 2 are the worst but it was manageable. I think the fitter you are the better you cope. I had to do 3 weeks opti fast before surgery... wasn't too bad and I lost 6kg. Have you seen your dietician? I as told Optifast swells in your stomach so not always the best choice for Protein afterwards. I bought natural unflavoured Protein Powder that can be added to everything! getting down 700mls of Water so coming along nicely.... freaked the day I was released. They made me drink 500mls before I could go home.... as much as I wanted to do it it took FOREVER.... it's all about sipping and learning how much your new stomach can take. Take chap stick into hospital... my lips were so dry! I am still on the liquid faze... not too bad as im never hungry. Clear Liquids such as oxo, flavored water, juice or strained clear cup of Soups go down very easy.... it's the liquid yogurt and Protein Shakes that take forever. Goodluck with it all!

They remove the stomach that they cut away. Mine came out through my belly button! so I only have 4 small incisions, not sutures just glue. My surgeon also put like a silicon band around my left over stomach so it will never stretch.

Oh k very interesting... How much have you lost already??

Just packed the chap stick :))