Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 days out and I feel ok. I started to get restless. It sent up signals to me so I checked my temp and I am between 99-100. Did this happen to anyone? I know I am drinking enough because I am peeing all day. Any idea?

Do not mess with a fever okay.....go and get it checked out..ASAP!!!

I agree..go to your dr ASAP. It is best to be safe..check out what this fever is about.

7 days out with a temperature? It's not good. How do you feel in yourself? Any pain anywhere? Although, these things are irrelevant really. If you're rocking hot - there is something wrong. As the lady said above. Go get it checked and very soon...

I am suppose to have my drain out tomorrow. I will see him at 9:45. Is that ok?

Good that u r seeing him tomorrow am..

I am suppose to have my drain out tomorrow. I will see him at 9:45. Is that ok?

No it is not okay...there is something wrong if you have a fever....Go now and get it looked into..Look I am speaking from experience......

I have to agree with RJ... You have a drain in. This is an open wound. Don't muck about now. Get someone to drive you to the doctors/hospital or get a doctor to come out and see you pronto. Please, don't leave it till the morning. Your temperature is already high enough...

I agree! I had a dr appointment the next day to be checked out. Btw this was not for wls... But I had a low grade fever when I got to the hospital my Bp was in the 200s and my hr was at 30 and I was admitted to icu for a week.. Not trying to scare you but the body lets you know what it needs don't wait go... BETTER 2 BE SAFE

Hi all, thank you for all your comments. So I went and they said everything seemed fine. By the time I got there of course, no fever. My pressure and all was fine. Strange thing is that my drain got really red and then went to clear by this morning. It is been a consistant shade of orange since Sat. I went back to the DR again this morning because he was suppose to take the drain out but he decided to keep it in because of last night. He thinks I probably passed a clot. The Fluid is now clearer than before. I am bummed about having the drain another week but he thinks it is a good way of seeing what is going on and doesnt want to take it out too soon. Thank you again for all your concern and advise.

Hi all, thank you for all your comments. So I went and they said everything seemed fine. By the time I got there of course, no fever. My pressure and all was fine. Strange thing is that my drain got really red and then went to clear by this morning. It is been a consistant shade of orange since Sat. I went back to the DR again this morning because he was suppose to take the drain out but he decided to keep it in because of last night. He thinks I probably passed a clot. The Fluid is now clearer than before. I am bummed about having the drain another week but he thinks it is a good way of seeing what is going on and doesnt want to take it out too soon. Thank you again for all your concern and advise.

I ended up with a 104 temperature 4 days after my surgery..I was septic...I wanted to wait until the next morning to go to the hospital...The doctor told my husband that if I had waited he would have woken up to a dead wife....I spent 5 months with one thing after another going wrong.....Temperature is the first clue...Your drain needs to be watched for possible infection..It is open...And it can happen so fast...Glad your okay!!!

Glad you've got the all clear from the doctor. Better to be safe than sorry. You take care :) x

Thank you. Not sure what the color should be in the drain. It is pretty light now as instead of orange. Is that right?

If it's light and clear, you're all good in the hood.

Not good. My fever went up today and I had a cramp ( I thought it was gas). The cramp is down on my lower right side, they thought it might be my appendix. I have been admitted and had a X-ray and cat scan. They know there is an infection somewhere in my abdomen but do not see

a leak. I can't have the leak test until the morning. So sucks!!!!