Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road Trip

I am on my 3rd day of a car road trip tp florida, we are on a really tight budget, does anyone have any tips on proper eating while spending 8 hours a day driving. I did eat some raw broccolli last night, buffet wet turkey and Soup. Any one with help? I threw up a Mcmuffin (without bread) and the fried potatoes, so Breakfast was a disaster.

Caroline:help:

Buy the fresh-packs of tuna, and get (from most grocers) condiment packs of mayo and relish, if that's your boat, and plastic cutlery. The fresh-packs don't need to be drained, so just tear them open, squirt the Condiments in, stir and instant tuna salad.

If you PBed this morning you'll want to stop at the store and get some Protein drinks. Need to be on liquids for the day. The "EAS Carb Advantage" ones have good numbers, and taste decent when chilled. strawberry is my favorite.

Are you staying in suites, or places with access to a microwave? If so, get some turkey pepperoni (Hormel) and microwave it on some paper towels until crunchy. Pack in a baggie for healthy snacking or meals.

Most grocery stoers carry travel/single size cottage cheese containers, 4 packs I believe.

Get some low carb beef Jerky (not if you've PBed lately).

For breakfast at McD's, get the fruit n' yogurt parfait, maybe, instead of a sandwish. It's made with low fat yogurt, and goes down very well.

If you have to rely on fast food, try to get to healthy fast food. Places like Chipotle and Qdoba have some very healthy options. If you have to go to "junker" fast food places, opt for the chicken and order it without a bun, they'll put it in a plastic container for you, and give you a fork. Or order the salad, and get your favorite dressing from a grocery store.

Stop at gas stations and buy packs of cold cuts. Most stations will carry some cold cuts, cheese cubes, etc. If they don't have them (even the little ones here do though), buy the sandwiches, and discard the bread.< /p>

Forgive the typeos, I'm too lazy to correct them. :)

Well it depends on what you can eat. I can eat salads so McDonald's grilled chicken bacon ranch or cescar salad is really good.

For Breakfast what about a Protein shake or slim fast

For Snacks fruit or Jello

For lunch grilled chicken sandwich without the bread or salad.< /p>

Wendy's have chilli

Don't forget Soups also or mash potatoes

It's a lot things to get you have to make the right choices with foods you can eat. I only eat a piece of bread. No a hole sandwich or biscuit.

I have to protect my 15000.00 investments

Don't forget soaps also or mash potatoes
Soap & mashed potatoes? :)

I have traveled extensivly by car and air. I find protien drinks to be helpful. I use lowfat yogert and Soup at hand. I find when we travel, bedause of the sitting after I ate, I would get a very major golf ball feeling in my esophogas. Painful!! In fact had to stop a couple of times and of course, up it came. If I move around seems not to be a problem so I try

to stick to more foods that slide down easy. McDonalds fruit and yogart

are good choices. I like Wendy's chili. Almost all protien and slides right down and I don't have to worry about the golf ball thing when I sit too much. Does any one else have trouble sitting for longer times after eating. I need to move around after I eat. Not excercise nessesarily but just walk around and do normal everyday activity. In the evening when we stop driving, I have a more solid meal but make sure it is well before bedtime. I get gird if I eat at bedtime. Anyone else have that?? I was banded about 1 year ago and used to post here but because of travel I

did not have access to a computer and just "re-found" LBT and am getting caught up on issues and getting some reminders of things I have not been so faithful with. I have lost about 40 lbs. I know it could be better but I have choose to have a little less fill and loss has been slower. It has been a good tool for me. I am a grazing type of over-eater and therefore I have to be on my guard about many bad habits I am working to overcome. Loss has been slow but steady and I am still having a bit of

fun when it comes to food. I do excercise some but could do better. (couldn't we all?) I love my band and hope it is there for me for the rest of my life. A few days ago when we were traveling and I had eaten a few bites of my husband waffle at a continental breakfast and that stuck in my band and ended up at the side of the road, my husband said I wish you wouldn't have ever gotten banded. I stopped and thought a minuete and said to him "I am so thankful for this band, I was well on my way to death from obesity. Yes, at times it does make my life a little more complicated to find foods that work for me, but I would never have lost this 40 lbs and would more than likely have added at least 10 or 15 more by now. Soooooo, I will keep my band as long as I can and it works for me." He said "Whatever" but then he is skinny, always has been, and always will be. In fact I smell the popcorn out in the kitchen as I type this. Nice to be back to LBT.