Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for all the well wishes and good luck. I have to admit I had an emotional breakdown tonight, but I am back and ready to kick the obesity-ogre's butt. :angry

I will let you know how things go tomorrow. Good luck to all of you on the 30th and 31st and whoever else will join us in the bandland future.

Thanks to the rest of you for your support and suggestions. I feel I am as prepared as I can be, because of your help.

I have 35 min. before I can have no Water. I am parched so I must run quickly to down a water bottle.< /p>

Gigi-

I'm so nerovus for tomorrow. I am to be there at 7:00 a.m. I can't believe it is finally here. Every day since I found out my date a few weeks ago has felt so very long! I am sure that all will go great for both of us- I'll get in touch with you tomorrow night. HUGS GIGI! Kim

PS we are 16 years in April! Uncanny isn't it?

Ladyleo and Thatgirl- Hope it goes well for you both, as well. Feels good to be going through this with you all. Keep our eyes on the prize! Kim

Gigi-

I'm so nerovus for tomorrow. I am to be there at 7:00 a.m. I can't believe it is finally here. Every day since I found out my date a few weeks ago has felt so very long! I am sure that all will go great for both of us- I'll get in touch with you tomorrow night. HUGS GIGI! Kim

PS we are 16 years in April! Uncanny isn't it?

Ladyleo and Thatgirl- Hope it goes well for you both, as well. Feels good to be going through this with you all. Keep our eyes on the prize! Kim

Hi Kim

I am so nervous too. I can't believe our day has finally come. The hospital left me a message to be there @7:30 instead @ 9:00. We'll be banded @ the same time. I'll be thinking about you and sending you a BIG hug. I'll talk to you some time tomorrow. Much love. Gigi

Ladyleo and Thatgirl and anyone else who will be banded this month or in future months- Best wishes to all! You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers. Gigi:)

good luck everyone, can't wait to hear how you are doing tomorrow. hang in there and remember how worth it this will be. oh, and remember that every day after surgery you will feel better- so if you feel a little crummy, just hang on until the next day!:D

ooooooo- I hope you are all okay. I go in tomorrow... I bet you are just wiped out tired. get rest, I will be online as soon as I get the energy. :D

ooooooo- I hope you are all okay. I go in tomorrow... I bet you are just wiped out tired. get rest, I will be online as soon as I get the energy. :confused:

Hi! I hope all went well for you. I've been thinking about you. I was banded on the 30th and doing ok. If it wasn't for the gas pains, I'd be great. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gigi:)

Hey Gigi,

Was also banded the 30th. PAIN in my belly; especially the port area. As for these gas bubbles, up and down - OUCH! I just keep trying to walk them out!

ANyone heard from Thatgirl? Hope you are o.k.

I was banded 1/30...spent the first night in the hospital so that I could get pain and nausea meds. Wednesday at home was still really tough- hard to get in and out of bed, tough to get all the liquids in, gas-going up worse than down. Didn't have need for any more painkillers on Wednesday or Thursday. Gone cold turkey on them b/c they made nauseous

Today, Thursday, I have finally turned the corner. All the walking and hydrating was worth it. Laying on my left side has been really helpful

to rid gas.

Every few hours I have measurable improvements! I can see that in a few days I will be almost back to normal.

I hope everyone is getting through this o.k, too. Remember, 30's, we just had surgery 48 hours ago!

Hugs to all!

Kim

223/217/130

pre-op/surgery day/goal

Here I am- well, I turned a corner for the worse last week. I was banded Wed, felt awesome. felt a little worse Thurs and even worse Friday and stayed that way until today. In fact, yesterday I thought "do I regret this??". I just felt too crummy to even get to the computer- too sore, tired, in pain, nauseas. I had medicine for it all but the less pain I had the sicker I felt, the sicker I felt the more pain, etc.

the gas wasn't too bad, I had those melt in your mouth Gas thingies and I took them faithfully every 3-4 hours for the first 4 days and I really think that helped.

Today I feel a bit better. Sore, and stuff (oh and tired of liquids- my family ate pizza yesterday and I felt like a wearwolf, my sense of smell was so heightened:heh: ) but I really do feel better.

tomorrow I head back to work at least for a few hours...