Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone starting 6 month diet in october?

I meet with my bariatrician on Wednesday to start my six month diet.

Anyone else beginning in October hoping to be sleeved in March/April 2014?

Is that thought a weight management program to get approved? I'm currently in one but haven't seen a bariatric surgeon yet. :0( did they explain the process to you?

Is that thought a weight management program to get approved? I'm currently in one but haven't seen a bariatric surgeon yet. :0( did they explain the process to you?

Yes, my insurance requires it. I hate that I have to jumps through six months of hoops, but I'm trying to be positive and work on my emotional eating during this time.

Hi Kimclow I have to do a 6 month weight management as well, it's been 3 months now and I have 3 to go, we're going to get through it. Have you begun making any changes yet?

Hi Kimclow I have to do a 6 month weight management as well' date=' it's been 3 months now and I have 3 to go, we're going to get through it. Have you begun making any changes yet? [/quote'] Not yet. Been having some food funerals though. Goodbye cake, you sure are yummy.

Not yet. Been having some food funerals though. Goodbye cake' date=' you sure are yummy.[/quote'] lol it will get easier, I felt the same way about pop, but every day I tell myself that my poor good choices is what got me in this boat in the first place.

lol it will get easier' date=' I felt the same way about pop, but every day I tell myself that my poor good choices is what got me in this boat in the first place. [/quote']

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but once I made the decision to go forward with the surgery, I felt more free. Bit I've also felt more free with my eating. Not the best choices either. I'm excited to meet the nutritionist and begin.

Hi Kimcklow

You are a teacher right???? I think I read one of your other posts.... I'm waiting to enter the program here ... I have a mandatory overview of the surgeries this Saturday and then my GP has to refer me and the. I wait for the call... I bought Protein shakes this weekend so I can start tomorrow.... Because I'm scared of failing.... I have no idea how long the process will take I hear 2 months to 6 months...

I went to my first nut appt today. I was put on a diet very similar to Atkins with the exception of a Protein Shake for Breakfast and a snack of cottage cheese, low fat cheese or Greek yogurt with a little fruit. I only have a three month diet though. Unless I don't stick to it. Otherwise they will extend it out further. Ugh.

I'm three months in and have three more to go. It's difficult but as long as your determined and stay focus on the NEW you. It will get easier and you will feel proud of your self. But I haven't started the process or the rep approval for surgery yet. Does anyone have any info or details on your journey (step by step)

I'm three months in and have three more to go. It's difficult but as long as your determined and stay focus on the NEW you. It will get easier and you will feel proud of your self. But I haven't started the process or the rep approval for surgery yet. Does anyone have any info or details on your journey (step by step)

Mine was different. I went to my surgeon who is at a Center Of Excellence ( Journey Clinic ) first and they did everything for me. Scheduled all of my weight mgmt/nut appointments, psych, physical therapy evaluation, etc. all I have to do is show up to my appts and stick to the diet outlined. They are the ones who contacted my insurance ( Medicare Humana Gold ) and regular doctor and it has been easy as pie so far.

Hi Kimcklow You are a teacher right???? I think I read one of your other posts.... I'm waiting to enter the program here ... I have a mandatory overview of the surgeries this Saturday and then my GP has to refer me and the. I wait for the call... I bought Protein shakes this weekend so I can start tomorrow.... Because I'm scared of failing.... I have no idea how long the process will take I hear 2 months to 6 months...

Yes, that's me. I just wish my insurance wasn't so strict on the length of the diet. I not sure in the reasoning for that. Just seems like hoop to jump through. I think being afraid of failure is the real reason I'm worried about the six months, too.

I like the flavor of Spiriutein Protein Shakes. They are very filling.

I went to my first nut appt today. I was put on a diet very similar to Atkins with the exception of a Protein shake for Breakfast and a snack of cottage cheese' date=' low fat cheese or Greek yogurt with a little fruit. I only have a three month diet though. Unless I don't stick to it. Otherwise they will extend it out further. Ugh.[/quote']

That sounds like a very doable diet. Have you done Atkins before!

Mine was different. I went to my surgeon who is at a Center Of Excellence ( Journey Clinic ) first and they did everything for me. Scheduled all of my weight mgmt/nut appointments' date=' psych, physical therapy evaluation, etc. all I have to do is show up to my appts and stick to the diet outlined. They are the ones who contacted my insurance ( Medicare Humana Gold ) and regular doctor and it has been easy as pie so far.[/quote']

So far, I really like my surgery center. They understand that my schedule is difficult to work around. I can't just take a couple if hours off- I have the process of getting a sub, making plans for the sub, nosy teens wondering why I'm gone a lot. Lol

They've worked well for me- I have the two appointments tomorrow. One at 4 the other at 5.

That sounds like a very doable diet. Have you done Atkins before!

Yeah. I think it's going to be very doable. I lost a lot of weight on Atkins before... Of course I gained it back lol. I tried my first Bariatric Advantage shake today and it was like I'm being punished! Ha! I'm sure I can choke them down and get used to them.