Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Next Week Is The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life!

MY NAME IS JILL. I AM A MARRIED MOM OF 2 :o AND AN RN. I HAVE BEEN OVERWEIGHT SINCE I CAN REMEMBER..AND AM AT AN ALL TIME HIGH RIGHT NOW. I AM SCHEDULED TO HAVE SURGERY NEXT WEDNESDAY WITH DR. RANDALL AT LAWRENCE MEMORIAL. I AM EXCITED AND PETRIFIED AT THE SAME TIME. I'M HAVING A HARD TIME STICKING TO THE PRE OP DIET AND I'M TERRIFIED THAT I WONT DO WELL AFTER SURGERY!:cry I HAVE HAD SUCH A DYSFUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH food ALL MY LIFE AND I HOPE THIS WILL HELP CHANGE IT. BUT I AM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE THIS WORK. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A HARD TIME LIKE ME..I HAVE LOTS OF SUPPORT BUT NOT MANY PEOPLE WHO CAN IDENTIFY WITH ME.

Girl, I know exactly how you feel! I have such a stuggle over the years and now I know that I am doing the right thing! I am getting banded on Thursday and I can't wait. The pre-op diet has been hard but, I know it is all worth it and will eventually get better. GOOD LUCK to you!!!!

Girl, I know exactly how you feel! I have such a stuggle over the years and now I know that I am doing the right thing! I am getting banded on Thursday and I can't wait. The pre-op diet has been hard but, I know it is all worth it and will eventually get better. GOOD LUCK to you!!!!

THANK YOU AND I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP HEARING FROM YOU WHERE OUR SURGERIES ARE SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER. BEST OF LUCK!!

Hi Jill, you will do great. My relationship with food totally changed for the better. It is life changing. I no longer crave foods that I use to. I don't eat fast foods (accept grilled chicken caesar from McDonalds). I am never ever hungry. That is hard to get use to. Best of luck.

Good luck to both of you!

I guess I'm an "oldie"...I've been banded 17 months, today!

You can read my signature to see my progress...I am very, very happy with where I am today!

The best advice I have is that you need to be patient...it's hard, but so important! Take it nice and easy, and you will be successful. After so many years with a weird relationship with food...I understand that...it will be easy to hit a plateau, and think, "Well, that's it. See, I'm a big failure." It's NOT TRUE! Most people do not lose steadily; there are weeks, sometimes months, where weight stays basically the same. Don't fall into that trap! Stick with it, live a "normal" life...and re-learn your relationship with food.

See yourself as a beginner with food, and you are given a fresh start!

Good luck to you...you will do fine! Come here often with questions, and ask away!

Hugs, Cindy

I, too have a dysfunctional relationship with food. I seem to stay hungry. I have type 2 diabetes and take insulin for that, my dr. says the insulin gives me an appetite. Hopefully I'll be banded in the future. I think it will be the most helpful tool to help me with my diet..and weight loss.

Mousecrazy--you are doing great!!Jill and KeKe--good luck with your banding. I have a while to wait for my banding. (I hope my insurance will pay--Cigna),

Dixie

Hi Jill,

I am scheduled to be banded in next week Friday. So I share your enthusiasm and fear. I too am having a very difficult time staying on the pre-op diet. I have only lost a couple of pounds so far and since I am struggling soooo much pre-op I am of course worried about the post-op diet. I feel I am willing to do whatever it takes, but that does not make it easier. I know exactly how you are feeling right now.....:help:

Hun, you can do it! I remember the first time i learned that you don't just 'break' bad habits or relationships with food - you replace them with new ones - good or bad. That was the day I chose to replace food with activity. Anytime I craved something - out for a walk I went, or I took a Fiber capsule and downed a glass of Water. It was one thing replacing another. You can do it! You're going to do great!

MY NAME IS JILL. I AM A MARRIED MOM OF 2 :) AND AN RN. I HAVE BEEN OVERWEIGHT SINCE I CAN REMEMBER..AND AM AT AN ALL TIME HIGH RIGHT NOW. I AM SCHEDULED TO HAVE SURGERY NEXT WEDNESDAY WITH DR. RANDALL AT LAWRENCE MEMORIAL. I AM EXCITED AND PETRIFIED AT THE SAME TIME. I'M HAVING A HARD TIME STICKING TO THE PRE OP DIET AND I'M TERRIFIED THAT I WONT DO WELL AFTER SURGERY!:cry I HAVE HAD SUCH A DYSFUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH food ALL MY LIFE AND I HOPE THIS WILL HELP CHANGE IT. BUT I AM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE THIS WORK. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A HARD TIME LIKE ME..I HAVE LOTS OF SUPPORT BUT NOT MANY PEOPLE WHO CAN IDENTIFY WITH ME.

Hi Jill and welcome. I am also an RN and mother (of 4 though) who has been overweight forever.I am scheduled for surgery next Tuesday-the 30th. I share your feelings and can definetly identify with you. I guess I can't help but wonder if this is going to work. I am definetly going to make it work. Best of luck to you and keep in touch-Gigi:)

Thank You All So Much For Your Support..i Hope To Keep In Touch With Those Close To My Surgery Date As Well. I'm So Happy To Have Found This Web Site..i Feel I Could Cry (course That Could Be My Stress As Well Lol). Good Luck To One And All!!