Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Month to date: 16 miles, 1005 Squats

(Previous day's totals)

67.4 miles so far. I'm taking the next 4 days off to rest my body. I started a pretty intense weekly workout schedule 3 weeks ago (weight lifting, spin class, fusion class for a total of 5 classes each week) and I'm definitely needing and looking forward to resting my body a bit this weekend!

Today will be my 5th day of cross fit in a row and surprisingly my body is not fighting me on it. I feel good. Strong. Healthy. Fast. Supple.

My rest days this week will be sat, sun. It kind of encourages me that maybe my body is getting used to this cross fit thing more then 3 days in a few. I hope so!

Today is going to be a fun workout session.

I will start by warming up with a combination 8 min mile run and a 500 m row (try to pace at 1:50 during warmups). I also want to throw in some 90 second handstands. These are good warm up exercises and get the heart pumping. Then onto what the box prescribes for warming up and mobility work. Oh the mobility. It is constantly on the brain. :)

I got my new speed jump rope yesterday and am going to continue working on the double under skill. Will also work on 24 " rebound box jumps. I am good at regular box jumps, but my hips are not quite flexible enough to transfer power correctly when rebounding. I look silly practicing, but practice makes perfect. For some reason, complex athletic skills elude me. Lol. Not gifted there and have go keep practicing, practicing and practicing.

On the minute for 30 minutes, AMRAP (as many rounds as possible):

10 pushups

10 pull ups

10 sit ups

I was not thinking this to be too much work until I mentally added it up. Minimum 300 of each! Maybe it won't be too bad spread out over 30 m.

I like these metabolic conditioning workouts that involve pure gymnastic work. They do not require the skill work of fast Olympic lifts (e.g. s n a t c h ) in a workout. At this point post op, I am findind myself far better and efficient at running, rowing and gymnastic work rather then the technical lifting skill work. Despite lifting not being my favorite thing because I am not as good at it, I still get in there as much as I can to get better at it.

My updates for this week so far...

October 7th: biked 10 miles – 100 Squats

October 8th: biked 5 miles – 150 Squats

October 9th: biked 10 mikes – 100 Squats

This morning...October 10th: biked 5 mikes – 50 Squats

MTD Total: 74 Miles and 650 Squats

My goal is to complete the 100 mile challenge by this Sunday, as I’m starting the Insanity program on Monday 10/14.

Great progress everyone!!

Day 11: biked 7 miles – 75 Squats

Total: 81 Miles - 725 Squats!!

Hey everyone!!!! didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday but I did 3 miles yesterday and 2.5 miles today. Total so far for October 29 miles whoooo hoooo!!!!

Colder. Wetter. Even more miserable today. Walked 6.5 miles for a total of 65.5. Had to walk up and down the grocery store aisles about a hundred times to get some miles in today! LOL. Clerks kept asking me if they could help me find something! LOL Sent from my iPad using VST

I can just see you striding up and Down the grocery aisle!!! lol. You go, girl!!

4.80 miles walking today between work, walking, mowing the front yard and grabbing some supplies for a clay shooting tournament tomorrow morning. That puts me at 45.14 miles for the month so far. Breaking 55 miles by Sunday night is my goal. I hope the weather cooperates or I will be on the recumbent bike this weekend. That bites.

Dang this cold, nasty weather! Another grocery store aisle-walking event for me tonight. If this rain keeps up the grocery stores in my neighborhood are going to post pictures of me and label me a food stalker or something! LOL

Got in 8 miles today for a total of 73.5

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm joining too' date=' will be shocked if I can do 100 but I intend to do whatever I can. My name is Urvashi (rhymes with Hershey). Or you can call me by my Starbucks name which is Gracie, my dogs name. I got tired of spelling Urvashi :)[/quote']

I thought I was the only person that used their dog's name at restaurants! I am Greer but used to be Sally at Firehouse subs!!

Did not die on my exercise yesterday evening. Yup, still here. :)

Warmup:

+2 mile run

+ 1200 m row

Skill: deadlifts @280 sets of 3 for 10 rounds.

Work out:

30 minutes (sets of 15 at a time, rotate);

Push-ups (10 regular , 5 hand release): 450

24" Box jumps (rebound style): 310

Sit-ups: 450

Around 20 minutes, the burn from pushups and cardio induced labor breathing from box jumps kicked in. Took a good amount of mental fortitude to keep those box jumps going (jump, darn it, jump). Sit-ups were actually a point to recover between those other two stations. :) There was about 5 sec recovery time between each min round (finished around 54-56 s per round. Did not get all 45 reps every min due to the box jumps, but still did good.

Really good solid week of working out and training. Hit it every day. Feel decent, a little sore today. overall, not bad. Now for a couple days of rest over the weekend.

Cheers!

MTD: 1105 squats

17.5 miles

(Previous day's totals)

ITCHING to get my own bike and RIDE!!!!!! Walking my miles just doesn't cut it for me. My legs are too short, LOL!!

First log in for a few days. Not sure what hit me this week ( besides neck issues). Just didn't want or make myself do anything. Got to snap out of it!

Only 3.25 between last two days. Total 31.75. :((

Okay, feel better. Just clocked off another 5.25 miles! Gonna try to sneak in another 2 or more later today. Total. 37 to date

Edited by Georgia