Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Knees out again...

I've had blood clots and phlebitis in my legs in the past too. I avoided those darn socks for years until my banding surgeon told me he doesn't even do surgery without them. Finally, I tried them and they made my legs feel so much better than they had in years. They're not pretty, but they sure were worth every penny, especially when flying. I give them as gifts to my older brother now. lol.

Thanks Marie... you are a wealth or knowlege. I am not in pain although I am hobbling a bit. I am buy the celebrex after school...:)

Hi, Rica, how's your knee today? I swear it's all in my head, but for the last 4 or 5 days, my knee has been hurting and "grinding around" inside. I promise I don't want to be a "copycat"! I took my prevacid, celebrex, and gluco. and used some Ultra-Strength Ben Gay. It's a lot better today. The Ben Gay also opens up any head congestion. Whew!!!

Marie. Knee was better today. I bought the drugs and a friend told me about coral Calcium. He says it does wonders...so when I see my Dr. This weekend I am going to ask him what I shoud take I am so glad that I get to see Dr. R this weekend I have so many questions. Hope You feel better. The funny thing is my husband has been limping and saying his knee hurts also. Maybe it's in the air. I hope you feel better.

:)

Rica, maybe it's just your "magnetic personality" zaps your husband in CA, and me in TX. You didn't know you were that powerful, did you?

Really, though, hope the pain relief is on it's way. Have they ever said anything about a cortizone shot or draining Fluid from the swollen knee? Do they recommend any type of orthoscopic surgery that could repair and alleviate the pain? Is your pain and swelling caused by arthritis?

I noticed that Walmart has 3 different versions of a knee stabilizer. Maybe that would help. It still gives you mobility, but braces the inflamed area and supports it.

Rica, I thought about you today. I was ordering supplies for our office, and I ran across a catalog for topical medicaments. There was one which is ketoprofen and gabapentin gel. It was recommended for TMJ pain, but I called the pharmacist and she said it could be used on the knees as well. You may already know that ketoprofen is an anti-inflamatory, and the gabapentin is for nerve pain that may be associated with the injury. You will want to check with your doctor about this. If he recommends it, you will need to find a formulary pharmacy to mix it up for you. If you can't find one, I can give you the name of the one which supplies us. Check it out. I plan to use this on my bad shoulder.

Oh yeah, I take coral Calcium and it is wonderful, it really helps my leg cramps at night and relaxes you.

Neicy, I'd like to know how to reach your supplier. My mother-in-law suffers with really horrible arthritis and tried everything - RX and over the counter. Thanks for the names of those two anti-inflams.

Rica, so glad that you're doing better. Hope it continues (and your husband feels better too).

Marie, I'll go back to work on Monday, and I'll get the name of the pharmacy for you. It is called a compounding formulary pharmacy.

You may want to try to check locally. Ketoprofen is an over the counter drug, and you can probably purchase this formula without a rx. from the doctor. Anyway, I'll check on the name for you.

Thanks you Guys! You are so awsome... I have my gluclosimine and coral cacium now I have to find the topical cream...Yes I am Magnetic... The Knee is better today! Icing it tonight just in case4.

Rica:D