Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veggie haters how did you do?

I am 81 days into my 90 day pre-op diet. Hoping for surgery on 10/29. I have eaten veggies, tried them different ways but I STILL HATE THEM. I have lost 20lbs but I am worried about how well I will do post op since this is a life change and sometimes I would rather starve than eat them.

I know Protein is first so really I won't be consuming a lot of veggies...but to chew something that tastes bad to me into applesauce consistency now makes me want to vomit. How did you do it if you feel the same way about veggies.

The dietician says snack on cucumbers or chew on carrots when you feel hungry....I just can't do it. Don't get me wrong my eating habits have changed a lot and I am concious of other foods and not eating fried, or bread etc., veggies are just my downfall.

Wow. A 90 day pre op? Never heard of one that long. I had a 24 hr pre op diet. none with my lapband 4 yrs ago. If I could do a 90 day diet, why would I even need wls?

You may try disguising them in V8 Splash (veggie juice and fruit). I know ur spose to eat ur veggies and fruit but it's better than nothing. Don't have that problem, luv almost every veggie (cept brussel sprouts and onions). Hubby eats veggies at every meal, including Breakfast (something about eggs, bacon and a side of broccoli doesn't seem normal to me?)

Good luck with the veggies. Hopefully ull be one of the ones who's taste changes after surgery (mine didn't) and u actually start LIKING veggies! here's hoping...

Thanks marfar7, I too hope I love them afterwards. I may have worded my diet wrong 90 day insurance required diet. My Dr only makes us do a 1 day liquid diet pre-op. Don't think I could survive the 1 or 2 week liquid diet some folks have to do. I would literally starve. LOL

Yeah broccoli for Breakfast is not my cup of tea either.
:D
I love the V8 splash drinks I am going to have to check it out thanks! Hoping the sugar content is good since the surgeon said no fruit juices....
:(

I have no problem. I push the Protein, then the complex carbs and a few fats. I focus on keeping the sugars and high glycemic index carbs to a min. vegetables are over rated IMHO- i am taking those bariatric Vitamins after all. My wife gets her veggies via the V8 splash and that can work, but why bother? I have not had any salad yet ( lettuce and tomato--which are the only things I care for) because they are suposedly hard on the sleeve.

remember you can live fine on a pure protein diet but not on a pure vegetable diet--says something about what is important.

Perhaps i could eat more if I ate vegetables but that is true also if I chewed on cardboard. :D

Thanks aliekat55, that was my biggest worry about failing after the sleeve is not getting any veggies. Tomorrow is my next weigh in and hopefully I can set my surgery date!!! GO SLEEVE!