Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

Hi! I am 28 and 10 years ago I said I would never go through any type of weight loss surgery. Now here I am and have lost 48.5 pounds in a little over 3 months and am kicking myself that I ever said that statement. I don't think that I would have been successful if I had done it any sooner cause I just wasn't ready. But now, this is the best thing I have ever done in my life. I was fortunate that I found a job this year that would allow me to afford to do this becasue I am a self pay.

Hey guys just wanted to say congrats to everyone recently banded or about to be. Im 22 in school, and my life has never been better since getting banded!

Tifferoni,

First of all, all I have to say is WOW to you! 93lbs! That is absolutely amazing!! Congratulations! Did you lose all that since Feb?

I'm 20 and I'm also in school. Did you tell your friends about the band? If you didn't, did they suspect that you had surgery or did they buy that you were "just" watching your food and portions and exercising? I'm in school full time and am around my friends a lot and we're together for meals also.

I haven't told any of them about the surgery and as of right now I do not want to tell them and only my family knows and I'm worried that they will possibly pick up on it. I'm doing low carb and exercising now so they all know that I've been losing weight so I hope that will make the transition to the band a bit easier in terms of them noticing my weight loss. I'm having the surgery over winter break so it's not like I will have to miss school for it and try to explain my absence.

Any of you other bandsters who are in school, what was your experience with getting the band and your friends knowing/not knowing?

Ok, I think we need to post some pictures of our selves and get to know each other better and see what we have accomplished. I know there is a before and after picture thread but it won't hurt for us to put our pictures here. What do ya'll think?

I will try and post mine. I can't never remember how to do it, it takes me a little while.

I am in grad. school but maybe my experiences will mirror some of the younger bandsters. I haven't had my surgury yet but i am planning on not telling anyone. I am also having it during my winter break so that i wont have to explain missing class to my classmates. I also eat and socialize with my classmates and co-workers so i have had to make a consious effort to decreased to amount of food i eat at a given meal. I need to do this not only for the deception but also for myself mentally...i need to retrain myself that i no longer have to clean my plate that if i eat smaller bites and portions i can still be satisfied with my meals. I have to do one small lifestyle change at at time.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, I still cant believe this is me sometimes! As I am typing this, I am wearing size 10 abercrombie jeans..before surgery, I doubt I wouldve been able to fit my calf in them!!

Tifferoni,

First of all, all I have to say is WOW to you! 93lbs! That is absolutely amazing!! Congratulations! Did you lose all that since Feb?

Yep all since Feb. I didnt have to go on any pre surgery diet. Thanks btw!

I'm 20 and I'm also in school. Did you tell your friends about the band? If you didn't, did they suspect that you had surgery or did they buy that you were "just" watching your food and portions and exercising? I'm in school full time and am around my friends a lot and we're together for meals also.

I actually only told one or two people outside my family about it. Honestly because people are so opinonated on the subject..ya know " O you took the easy way out yada yada" BS! I did however tell people I had surgery. I told them theat the sphincter between my esophagus and stomach stopped working and so doctors had to go fix it, and they took out my gall bladder. The sphincter is what keeps food in your stomach and out of your throat..I dunno if you can really have this condition, but no one has questioned it beofre. This also explains any vomitting that might occur, and when I go get tightened, i have to be on a soft diet for a while bc my doc put an endoscope down me :rolleyes: Some people have mentioned that I dont eat alot, but when i explain my condition, most people just feel sorry for me!! I also tell people that I am exercising alot, which I am but not enough to lose 90 lbs! haha

I haven't told any of them about the surgery and as of right now I do not want to tell them and only my family knows and I'm worried that they will possibly pick up on it. I'm doing low carb and exercising now so they all know that I've been losing weight so I hope that will make the transition to the band a bit easier in terms of them noticing my weight loss. I'm having the surgery over winter break so it's not like I will have to miss school for it and try to explain my absence.

hey is anyone in the ny area?

its really great to see people my age on here. i had my surgery on oct 22 2007 and have lost a total of 25 lbs so far...my goal is to lose 110 lbs all together...

its funny i was reading everyones posts and i made told some friends and then they told some friends so im mad i shared this info bc now so many people know i had it done but ive also recieved alot of support from it so its good and bad...just tell people you trust...

Hey everyone!! I'm 21 and hoping to get banded in Dec. Cangrats to everybody and there hard work! I can't wait to join the LB club! Lots of love.

I'm so excited for my initial consult this friday. My mom is coming into town tomorrow to go with me. What should i expect at this first dr visit?

oooo, red, congrats!!!

let me know how that goes.

i have to wait until 12/1 for

my consultation >_<

:faint:

th_Kissysbeforepicture.jpgThis is one week post-op.

After9months.jpgThis is 9 months post

736848696207_0_ALB.jpgThis is 10 months with DH for Halloween.

Loser,

What an amazing transformation! You look great!

Thankyou, I am sure you are looking great with your lost!

Loser28 you look awesome! I love your halloween outfit!

Welcome everyone who has come in recently. Hope all is well.