Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

Well its nice to meet you cblair6271. When are you having surgery?

I'm 19 and don't know when mai banding date is b/c i just got mai referral to go ahead and meet with mai to be doctor at rush hospital IM from the chicago area if that helps im nervous and ready at the same time i just hope im doing the right thing im 360 pounds and stand at 5'6 inches tall i need a new start hopin this is it

I'm 19 and don't know when mai banding date is b/c i just got mai referral to go ahead and meet with mai to be doctor at rush hospital IM from the chicago area if that helps im nervous and ready at the same time i just hope im doing the right thing im 360 pounds and stand at 5'6 inches tall i need a new start hopin this is it

Nicolerose don't be nervous, you are not making a mistake, think of it as restarting your life. You will do great. If I everhave to do this again I would. I wouldn't even think twice. Good luck to you.

I'm 23 years old and getting banned thursday morning. I'm from chicago too, and getting bannded by Dr.Galvani at UIC!!!!:whoo:

Good luck with ur appt...

I was looking for people my age! yey lol. I'm 21 and am getting banded on Nov. 2nd in Toronto, Canada. Can't wait! =)

im from chicago and i think im getting mai surgery at RUSH hospital ? does anyone know any good surgeons from RUSH?

I'm 16 and loving the band.... i live in Toronto, Ontario. Anyone else live in T-dot?

Hey! I am 22 years old and I am trying to jumpstart my lap-band journey. Right now, i don't have any serious co-morbidities. But I don't want to get them. I hate being 22 and not feeling my age. Feeling dragged down by my weight. Ugh. I just want to feel better and be more active. Not just more active i want to be super active. Like i was when I was in h.s.

I would love to be able to run a marathon, play intramural sports, etc.

I am also, graduating college soon and will start my masters program. I am not dumb, I know I will be much more marketable when I am not fat.

Hey! I am 22 years old and I am trying to jumpstart my lap-band journey. Right now, i don't have any serious co-morbidities. But I don't want to get them. I hate being 22 and not feeling my age. Feeling dragged down by my weight. Ugh. I just want to feel better and be more active. Not just more active i want to be super active. Like i was when I was in h.s.

I would love to be able to run a marathon, play intramural sports, etc.

I am also, graduating college soon and will start my masters program. I am not dumb, I know I will be much more marketable when I am not fat.

Adryan,

I too don't have any co-morbidities either, but the odds against us are so strong. If we don't do something now, they're just going to creep up on us one day. Before I started looking into the lap-band a few months ago, I thought I could just be overweight for the rest of my life because, hey, there's nothing else wrong with me. I was choosing to ignore the truth. And now that I've faced the truth, I'm doing something about it.

We're so young and we have so much of our lives ahead of us!

Did you have a consultation with a Dr. yet? Do you have a date for surgery?

Adryan,

I too don't have any co-morbidities either, but the odds against us are so strong. If we don't do something now, they're just going to creep up on us one day. Before I started looking into the lap-band a few months ago, I thought I could just be overweight for the rest of my life because, hey, there's nothing else wrong with me. I was choosing to ignore the truth. And now that I've faced the truth, I'm doing something about it.

We're so young and we have so much of our lives ahead of us!

Did you have a consultation with a Dr. yet? Do you have a date for surgery?

I have not had my consultation yet. I am waiting to see if I get this new job. If i get this new job most of the red tape you have to go to prior to surgery come down. The insurance won't require me to do the 6 month diet, and the doc's office will put me up on his surgery calendar b/c of working for the hospital.

That, there's nothing wrong with me mentality. I am so there with you on that. I never really looked down on myself for being fat. I guess part of that was due to the fact that my parents also overweight so they never really told me it was bad. well not often anyway.

According to the grief counselor i've been seeing this year, i have super high self esteem. I actually told him at one point, that just b/c i am fat doesn't mean i'm ugly, stupid, and unloved. I was like i am a pretty girl, i'm super smart, and i have tons of friends and family and most importantly a husband who loves me to pieces. They are part of the reason I am doing this. I want to stick around for as long as possible.

My mom passed away when I was 17 after a very ugly battle with cancer i can't do that to my husband or my future children.

sorry that was long.

Its good to hear everyone is doing great and soon to be banded!!!!

Where is everyone? How is everyone doing? Is everyone ready for the Holidays coming up? I am so ready and excited to see people I haven't see in a long time. Well I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Halloween.