Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally loosing!

I had my surgery on November 15, 2006 and I have not lost any weight since the first of December. I got a fill on thursday of last week and I have lost 8 pounds since then and I am so excited!

Ok I have another question now that I am loosing weight I want to make one of those tickers but it keeps giving me a message that says invalid file when I try. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to make a ticker work?

I tried when I first joined but could not get it to work then either so if someone can help that would be great!

Thank you!

Zana, I can't help you with the ticker but I wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss. I think fills are the key. I always do better after a fill. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot. I am so happy. I have not had a fill until then so I think that maybe that is why I stopped loosing? Thanks for the support I appreciate it.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Zana,

How much have you lost altogether? not including pre-op. I am not losing. My clothing is loose but my weight is still there. i have only had one fill, I just had Surgery in December. I am afraid I've stretched my stoma out. I know that I was drinking alot of sweet tea, wrong I know. Now I drink crystal light or Water or tea with splenda. I am thinking maybe I have just spent my money unwisely.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh don't think that and I am no doc but from what I have read here it is really hard to stretch that out.

DOn't beat yourself up about the sweet tea because you learned from it that you can not drink that and that the empty calories are not doing you any good. So enjoy your crystal light knowing you have learned a valuable lesson and move forward.

At first I lost only in the first 3 weeks maybe two then I hit a roadblock and I lost nothing til this last fill.

So I was banded then I lost 16 pounds and since I have lost 8. So a total of 24. It has not been a breeze to do it either. I am having to work at it to keep it going.

You will do it and maybe you will need more than 1 fill. I wish you luck!

Hey girl, I stumbled upon this post and remembered it was your user name! How are you doing? I had my first fill December 19. I am currently down about 25 pounds. I started exercising regularly the last two weeks, and the scale hasn't moved much since, I think my body is in shock. I wish I could say that I am eating like the perfect little bandster, but I can't. So, maybe if I could coordinate the eating and exercising I could see some results. I am going for fill #2 on the 5th, it's crazy though somedays I can eat the house down, other days I can barely get anything down. Anyway, good to chat with you....add me on MySpace if you want www.myspace.com/missteezer.

Your ole bandland roomie,

Terra :clap2:

We are in the same spot. I am down 26 pounds to date. I was running 10-20 miles a week but I hurt my knee really bad so I am going to go back to it when I loose about 20 pounds. I think it will be easier on me.

You know I too get frustrated but then I look at the big picture and I am down and you are 25 pounds in a little less than 10 weeks which means our average is right at 3 pounds per week and that is awesome.

If a person were to keep up a weight loss like that for a year they would vanish. So we are right where we should be. I know if I spend too much time around the scale I get bummed but then I am like hey I lost nothing yesterday and today I am down 3 pounds. Or whatever.

So my official weight loss which has slowed way down after my first fill is 10 pounds. I was loosing nothing for a while and then I got my first fill and I lost 8 like nothing and the last 2 were harder.

As for hte work-outs. When I was running I stopped loosing. I ate more (starving all the time) and Muscle weighs more than fat!

SO you are doing great! Call me sometime!