Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A February Bandster from NC

Hello guys,

I live in Cary, NC and I am having my surgery on February 7th in Dallas, TX with Dr. Marsden.

Let's keep in touch.

L. Nielson

Wow, who do you have after care set up with?

Oh and welcome to the NC thread.. however a lot of us are at another site

Hi, I am also scheduled for surgery in February. I am having surgery in Denver on 2/20/07. I live in Durham and I am still trying to decide on my aftercare doctor. I have found a few options, so I know I will have something. Everyone around here is sooo expensive.

I would appreciate any recommendations on someone.

Thanks!!

hI AND wELCOME! Oops...

I highly recommend Dr Voellinger at Southeast Bariatrics in Charlotte. It maybe a ride for some of you but it you want personal care with your surgeon he is the Dr to go to.

We have an NC group and we go out Monthly We are meeting on Feb 3rd in the University area if your interested let me know or check out band2gether.net the NC site there is info there about it.

Hope to see you there.

At some risk of saying this to you cause you don't know me, I still have to say oh yes . . .

I had my current band, placed 4/29/04 by Dr. McMahon, at Duke WLS Center and my last Doctor there was Dr. DeMaria. He has a great, great knowledge and exsperence with lap-band history from the eary trial days in Richmond; but he is not really pro-lap-band. Also, it is my exsperence and current knowledge that Duke has significant administrative problems in effective management of lap-band patients. Can they do a great surgery for you? . . . yes, if it is DeMaria personally. DEMAND that he does your surgery and no other. It's way too important to you to just allow anyone to do it. Also, if your BMI is less than 50, tell them that you do not want the Vanguard band. Please, remember that Duke and the WLS Center IS STILL a teaching hospitial. You can live with delays in getting your band filled but it is critical that the most exsperence possible do your surgery. . . . especially at Duke. There is more I could say but perhaps you might want to read this thread http://www.band2gether.net/showthread.php?t=1047. Also, there is a wonderful, very supportive group on this board but even more so on www.band2gether.com. Perhaps, you will also want to join us there in the NC support section at http://www.band2gether.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64.

I wish you the best possible results. You can have that at Duke, especially if you go in with more knowledge. Please keep me posted and sincerely know I wish to HELP and not scare you. I totally believe in the lap-band technology and that is why I am having my leaking band replaced ASAP.