Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UTMB Galveston Tx?

Has anyone used Utmb Bariatric Surgery Clinic? Dr Gomez?

If so could I get some feed back??

Please an Thanks. :)

Dr Reardon from the Houston methodist hospital, downtown is going to perform my sleeve. He is t the. Downtown Methodist hospital. I was told he was a very good dr to perform bariatricpal surgery.

Dr Reardon from the Houston methodist hospital' date=' downtown is going to perform my sleeve. He is t the. Downtown Methodist hospital. I was told he was a very good dr to perform bariatricpal surgery.[/quote']

Oh.. Ok.

Have u got a date yet?

I've been penciled in for nov 13th. I just tarted this process. The methodist hospital downtown has excellent resources for pre op snd especially post op. they have monthly meetings for people who hsve had gastric bypass and small group Meetings. They also have a 3 hour class before the surgery on what to expect the day of the surgery, post nutition, etc.. It is free to those who have surgery at methodist.. They have a wonderful Weight Management program. .r u having your surgery soon?

I've been penciled in for nov 13th. I just tarted this process. The methodist hospital downtown has excellent resources for pre op snd especially post op. they have monthly meetings for people who hsve had gastric bypass and small group Meetings. They also have a 3 hour class before the surgery on what to expect the day of the surgery' date=' post nutition, etc.. It is free to those who have surgery at methodist.. They have a wonderful Weight Management program. .r u having your surgery soon?[/quote']

I don't have a date for surgery yet... :/

Hopefully soon...

I still have requirements to fulfill before hand... like psych eval an cardiac clearance an a few others... meetings with dietitian. I'm so freakin nervous. Lol.

No Need to Be Nervous, go and answer all Questions honestly....... you are ON YOUR WAY~

No Need to Be Nervous' date=' go and answer all Questions honestly....... you are ON YOUR WAY~[/quote']

Thanks,..

Idk why I'm so nervous. Lol

it is NORMAL to be nervous. I know you did quite well~Ü

I've been penciled in for nov 13th. I just tarted this process. The methodist hospital downtown has excellent resources for pre op snd especially post op. they have monthly meetings for people who hsve had gastric bypass and small group Meetings. They also have a 3 hour class before the surgery on what to expect the day of the surgery, post nutition, etc.. It is free to those who have surgery at methodist.. They have a wonderful Weight Management program. .r u having your surgery soon?

My mom had gastric bypass at UTMB and felt like she had a great experience. I do not recall her doctor's name though.

My coworker had her sleeve done by Dr. Reardon a year ago. She has done amazingly well. She was about 240 lbs preop and is now about 140-150 lbs. She feels well, is so positive, and cannot say enough positive things about the her experience.

I went through the liquid Diet program in the Weight Management center at Methodist and it was a high quality experience except that I could not tolerate the shakes. I'm now considering the sleeve, as recommended by my physician. I will either have Reardon or Vadeem Sherman perform the operation if I am approved, get through all the financial issues, and can figure out how to live post-op given my intolerance to the whey Protein.

My surgery was rescheduled for dec 9...I am meeting dr Reardon tomorrow at 4:00 pm..yes I did the methodist weight management program at methodist..lost 50 pounds about 6 years ago but gained it back. I am going to the November support group for those who has had or will have the surgery. I attended this in October as well. Very informative. Michellemybelle try to attend the nov meeting at methodist hospital, downtown.