Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss for 3-5months

I have turned to this forum in hopes of finding some answers. I have my VSG back in Sept 12, I was 340-345 pounds at a 49.9% BMI. I am currently 245-250 and 31% BMI. I work out 3-4 times a week with Push Ups, Running 1mile on the tread mill, and play Airsoft on the weekends. For the past 3-5months my weight has not changed. I am starting to get concerned I will not drop any more. Is this normal.

The Vitamins I take daily are

Multi Vitamin, Calcium Citrate, A & D, Fish Oil, Creatine, BCAA, B12 and have a 16oz whey Protein shake every morning.

I eat eggs, chicken, Fish and some pork along with Fruits and Veggies every day. Drink about 3-5 cups of coffee with the liquid Hazelnut Creamer daily, and Drink 50-5oz of Water daily.

Am I doing something wrong. I feel great, but think I should be dropping weight.

South you can either take my advice or not, but take a week off from working out. Give your body time to rest and heal. I busted my but in the gym for 3 months with little weight loss to get ready for a 5k obstacle race. I ended up cracking a rib at the race and took two weeks off of working out to heal up. in them 2 weeks I lost 15lbs and when I got back into the gym I was lifting 10-15lbs more then I was before.

Let your body rest and heal up. I would still do a little cardio but not cut back a bit for a week. And don't lift at all for a week.

How long should I take off. I took a 2 week break from working out and never lost weight, so I went back to working out

I'd ditch the coffee and Creamer. Plus, I'd start logging everything every day. That should shed some light. Good luck!

How long should I take off. I took a 2 week break from working out and never lost weight, so I went back to working out

I would just take off a week. any more and you might start to lose what you been working for (take a step back).

How much Protein you getting in everyday? I lift 3 times a week and run 3 times a week with one rest day (Sunday because of football). I get in about 100-130 grams of Protein a day. I aim for 130 during lifting days. I also just started creatine today to get more of a boost in my work outs.

I do a Protein Drink when I wake (8-9am)up and another one as so as I get home from the gym. Then a Protein Bar for lunch around 12-1pm. Then off to work and I eat chicken/turkey/etc. with veggies for my brakes at work with another Protein Bar around 11pm then in bed around 12-2am.

Hope that helps a little. I am no expert but I know what's been and what has worked for me.

I get anywhere from 100-200 Grams of Protein every day.

dont monitor my calories, carbs or fat in take much. since everything I eat is High in Protein and what they recommend we eat.

South you can either take my advice or not, but take a week off from working out. Give your body time to rest and heal. I busted my but in the gym for 3 months with little weight loss to get ready for a 5k obstacle race. I ended up cracking a rib at the race and took two weeks off of working out to heal up. in them 2 weeks I lost 15lbs and when I got back into the gym I was lifting 10-15lbs more then I was before.

Let your body rest and heal up. I would still do a little cardio but not cut back a bit for a week. And don't lift at all for a week.

I agree with this! :)

I'd ditch the coffee and creamer. Plus, I'd start logging everything every day. That should shed some light. Good luck!

Wont ditch the coffee. Its a must for me. I dont drink anything else but Water or a Protein shake in the day. I also dont eat sweets or eat out. So its my one little treat.

I'd ditch the coffee and creamer. Plus, I'd start logging everything every day. That should shed some light. Good luck!

Wont ditch the coffee. Its a must for me. I dont drink anything else but Water or a Protein shake in the day. I also dont eat sweets or eat out. So its my one little treat.

3-5 cups a day isn't a treat lol

True. but cup size is 4oz. So its not alot. But I will work on cutting the down to 1-2 cups/day

Just my $0.02, but you asked for advice to help lose weight. If you want to lose, you can't have a "little treat" every day. It doesn't work that way. At least switch to Decaf and a sugar free and fat free creamer. Caffeine stimulates your appetite and dehydrates you. Also, 100 - 200 g of Protein is pretty high. It isn't like you are running marathons weekly. I suspect you are way over your calories for weight loss. The best thing you could do is go back to your nutritionist and get back on the wagon with a set number of calories, grams of protein, carbs, and fats and track it. Good luck to you. Remember, the sleeve is a tool. You still need to follow the rules and keep discipline for success. :)

Just my $0.02, but you asked for advice to help lose weight. If you want to lose, you can't have a "little treat" every day. It doesn't work that way. At least switch to Decaf and a sugar free and fat free Creamer. Caffeine stimulates your appetite and dehydrates you. Also, 100 - 200 g of Protein is pretty high. It isn't like you are running marathons weekly. I suspect you are way over your calories for weight loss. The best thing you could do is go back to your nutritionist an d get back on the wagon with a set number of calories, grams of protein, carbs, and fats and track it. Good luck to you. Remember, the sleeve is a tool. You still need to follow the rules and keep discipline for success. :)

I wouldn't say 100-200g is high since my nut told me to aim for 130g when working out as much as I am. But how the hell you getting anywhere near 200g? I strugle for 100 most days and to get 130 I am doing two Protein drinks and two Protein Bars and two meals. Even then I some times fall short.