Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Mouse that Roared

Have you ever heard the abuse the military guards put up with at Gitmo? Do you know that these peaceful wonderful innocent guys tell them regularly that when our system releases them, they are going to find their families and kill them? They throw urine and feces at them? But, I suppose this is deserved, since our military guys and gals are puppets of Hitler, and should be abused as a way of protest?

I would ask, why are people more concerned with the rights of people who are trying to hurt you, than the safety of the citizens of the US?

Mouse, though those military guards are certainly having a rough go of it (and I do not envy them) while they are on duty at Gitmo, I cannot fault those feisty prisoners for fighting back with the limited tools which they have to hand.

If the tables were turned and anyone of us were to find ourselves in a like situation, that is to say interned indeffinitely amongst enemies and infidels and without a voice, would we not resort to fighting back with whatever we have at hand? Even if it was a question of bodily fluids and empty threats? This is an issue of self-respect and, it may be argued, the maintenance of one's own sanity.

Remember that though these people are unsympathic they are people too and that they are trapped like rats in a cage. It is not surprising that they are flinging poop, urine and verbal threats! (If Green were to find herself held by the Taliban she would become a veritable fountain of her own effluvia!)

Don't forget that we have recently been releasing some of these so-called "terrorists" from our prisons. If they are undeniably guilty, why would they be released?

Exactly. I hear critisicm of the dems not having a plan. But so far, no one has laid what winning will look like, at least that I've seen. What milestones have to be passed in order to decide it's time to bring our troops home?

The middle east has been in conflict for a very long time. I don't see how we can change that by being in Iraq. In fact, I believe that most terrorists don't hate us for our freedoms and want us dead because of our lifestyle. I've talked to some very non-radical muslims who feel sorry for us. They think we are too decadent and shallow.

I do think they want us out of the middle east though. And some are willing to kill us for what they see as interference.

To all LBT members:

I wrote two perspective letters for e-mailing the president. Which if any of the two perspective letters to the president do you like best?

#1:

Mr. President:

You have repeatedly stated what you see as the disastrous outcome for Iraq and the Middle-East if the US Military leaves Iraq before “the job is done”. You have stated that this outcome is not acceptable to the US government. You have also said that you told Prime Minister Maliki that the US commitment is not “Open Ended”.

These are two contradictory statements.

If the US can not leave until the job is done, they it must be an open ended commitment, because no one knows when the job will, if ever, be done.

If your commitment is not open ended, then when will you know when to leave? And will the disastrous outcome for Iraq and the Middle-East that you have predicted then be acceptable?

OR

#2:

Mr. President:

You have painted a drastic picture for Iraq and the Middle-East if we leave Iraq now, yet you say, "Our commitment is not open ended". Which way is it? If the leadership of Iraq does not respond, will you leave? And what happens then? If you really believe your drastic predictions, then you must also say, "I will never leave Iraq". But, if our commitment in Iraq is "not open ended", then lets start a redeployment now. Why wait for more of our soldiers to die in Iraq's civil war?

I will be sending out suggestions to over a 100 people via e-mail to send the selected letter to the president and to ask their congressmen to ask the same question.

BTW. Anyone here who wants to use either of the two perspective letters for e-mailing the president, I hope would feel free to do so.

TOM