Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Women with polycystic ovarian syndrome ...

All I can say is WOW!! this site neves seizes to amaze me... I too, have been diagnosed with PCOD..Mines was diagnosed by a med student at a medical center here in 1999. I was trying to concieve my 2nd child (I was told my first was a miracle baby...she's 11 now..) I tried every medicine available.(nothing drastic because of my personal beliefs) ..Finally, with about 1,200 miligrams of metformin day (it took a year to figure out the meds and doses)... I concieved..My son is now 4. I too suffer from the excess hair..EVERYWHERE except my head!!!!! Hair loss in the worst part (the FRONT)...and the headaches!!! Holy sh... the headaches...Now how weird is the fact that I just started drinking soy milk...I haven't gotten a headache though...Thank GOD! My last one was about 3 weeks ago (pre-soy) and I was in bed for 4 days... I do believe the healthier diet has A LOT to do with keeping them away...Still amazed...I think of a question or topic...and I find adiscussion...I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

That's what is so crazy about Migraines and PCOS . everyone is so different. I for one never had fertility problems . It took 5 months to get pregnant with my second son and my first was a "surprise" .

With migraines , I for one cant do soy but others can . so many variations.

Im glad this is helpful lol

Mindy

That's what is so crazy about Migraines and PCOS . everyone is so different. I for one never had fertility problems . It took 5 months to get pregnant with my second son and my first was a "surprise" .

With migraines , I for one cant do soy but others can . so many variations.

Im glad this is helpful lol

Mindy

That is so ture...I for one had 1 misscarriage before my daughter and 3 misscarriages (known) before i had my son...Migraines...I've had those since I was in elementary school! :faint: but, no worries...It's all bearable with my faith in God!!! :rose: thanks for the words of wisdom...:huggie:

I have not had a period in months. My gynocologist suspects PCOS. :huggie: I'm freaking out! I'm actually fairly sure that I have it, considering another doctor diagnosed me with it years ago (I just ignored it back then). Does this mean that I can't have kids?? God, I hope not. That would ruin me and maybe even my marriage. We wanted kids soon. I hope you guys have good news for me.

I just found out about this like 2 days ago so I am still confused and worried...

I have not had a period in months. My gynocologist suspects PCOS. :huggie: I'm freaking out! I'm actually fairly sure that I have it, considering another doctor diagnosed me with it years ago (I just ignored it back then). Does this mean that I can't have kids?? God, I hope not. That would ruin me and maybe even my marriage. We wanted kids soon. I hope you guys have good news for me.

I just found out about this like 2 days ago so I am still confused and worried...

NO WAY!!! i wouldn't say that... I have three beautiful babys..It took some hard work but it can happen..and like coltonwade said...everyone is different..SHe ahs no issues with fertility...Keep your thoughts positive, look for a GREAT MD and it can happen....:rose: My prayers are with you!!!!!

I thought this went well with all of us!!! Let's keep it real!!! We are all in this together!!

You are friendly, kind and caring

Sensitive, loyal and understanding

Humorous, fun, secure and true

Always there... yes that's you.

Special, accepting, exciting and wise

Truthful and helpful, with honest advice

Confiding, forgiving, cheerful and bright

Yes that's you... not one bit of spite.

You're one of a kind, different from others

Generous, charming, but not one that smothers

Optimistic, thoughtful, happy and game

But not just another... in the long chain.

Appreciative, warm and precious like gold

Our friendship won't tarnish or ever grow old

You'll always be there, I know that is true

I'll always be here... always for you.

Smooches....:kiss2:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 11 years ago. Not having a period for about 6 months was what made my OB/GYN finally give me an ultrasound which revealed my cysts.

It is a very frustrating illness and it seems like there hasn't been many developments in discovering the cause as well as the best treatment for the disease.

I have tried all the different birth control pills and have been on Glocuphage/Metformin as well as Symlin to try to rectify my glucose intolerance and hopefully lose some weight. Unfortunately, these meds didn't help me. I read that if you were to lose 10-15% of your body fat it has a dramatic effect on PCOS. I ended up losing 37lbs. on the South Beach Diet (over a year and a half) and have experienced less symptoms and have had a regular period ever since.

I recommend going to an Endocrinologist to treat your PCOS. Additionally, have them check you for hypothyroidism as that might be a contributing factor. Even though my TSH levels (relates to thyroid) were within "normal range" my PROGRESSIVE endocrinologist decided to try me on Synthroid to see if I would feel better if my TSH level was brought down. It worked! One of the (bizarre!) symptoms of thyroid issues is losing eyebrow hairs from the end of your brows. I used to have 1/2 of a left eyebrow and only 3/4 of a right one - I had to draw them on every day! Once I started on Synthrid the hair started growing back immediately; it was amazing!

Fertility is not an issue for everyone with PCOS - so think positively. Best of luck to you!

~Sara

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 11 years ago. Not having a period for about 6 months was what made my OB/GYN finally give me an ultrasound which revealed my cysts.

It is a very frustrating illness and it seems like there hasn't been many developments in discovering the cause as well as the best treatment for the disease.

I have tried all the different birth control pills and have been on Glocuphage/Metformin as well as Symlin to try to rectify my glucose intolerance and hopefully lose some weight. Unfortunately, these meds didn't help me. I read that if you were to lose 10-15% of your body fat it has a dramatic effect on PCOS. I ended up losing 37lbs. on the South Beach Diet (over a year and a half) and have experienced less symptoms and have had a regular period ever since.

I recommend going to an Endocrinologist to treat your PCOS. Additionally, have them check you for hypothyroidism as that might be a contributing factor. Even though my TSH levels (relates to thyroid) were within "normal range" my PROGRESSIVE endocrinologist decided to try me on Synthroid to see if I would feel better if my TSH level was brought down. It worked! One of the (bizarre!) symptoms of thyroid issues is losing eyebrow hairs from the end of your brows. I used to have 1/2 of a left eyebrow and only 3/4 of a right one - I had to draw them on every day! Once I started on Synthrid the hair started growing back immediately; it was amazing!

Fertility is not an issue for everyone with PCOS - so think positively. Best of luck to you!

~Sara

so true...I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid (Graves Desease...) Weird, huh?

I have not had a period in months. My gynocologist suspects PCOS. :( I'm freaking out! I'm actually fairly sure that I have it, considering another doctor diagnosed me with it years ago (I just ignored it back then). Does this mean that I can't have kids?? God, I hope not. That would ruin me and maybe even my marriage. We wanted kids soon. I hope you guys have good news for me.

NO I does not mean you can not have kids. I know plenty of people with PCOS that have children , namely me and I had no problems getting pregnant.

I do not have periods unless I induce them with Provera. I have been like that for many yrs.

As you loose weight your period will probably come back. When I was thin my periods were still a little messed up but not as few and far between as they are now. ALL of my PCOS symptoms were not as bad as they are now that im overweight. Fertility issues will get better also once the weight is lost. There are lots of things that can be done to help you once you do get pregnant or to help get your pregnant.

I didnt see if you were banded yet but I think you will find once you loose weight alot of the issues you have now will get better.

Mindy

~Sara

Sara is 100% correct. See an endo that is up to date on PCOS . Family practice and OB's will test your levels and see "normal" ranges and endo will look at that same "normal" range and say " this is too low or too high for your age and height and weight ect .. " But like i said before watch out for docs that dont " get or believe in " PCOS . Ask their nurses when you call or ask other people in ur area for an endo that nkow's about PCOS , i have found usually younger docs are better up to date with it >

HTH

Mindy