Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 weeks post op

Surgery was July 15th, I am down 30 pounds and still have alot to go. I started a gym, but am unable to go as much as I would like due to I work long varies hours of the day.

I think I am doing ok, but it doesn't help I am a picky eater before surgery. I still want to eat junk food, but do everything in my power to avoid doing it since my hungry is different now. Its great being full fast, and the hungry goes away so much faster. But my old self remembers how good certain were and wants to enjoy them still. All suggestions are welcome.. thanks, Sandee

You are not alone! We did not get to the point of being hugely overweight by making good choices! I am 3 months out and struggle every day to do the right thing. You just have to decide which life you want. I tell myself food and fat with no life or healthy choices, healthy body, lots of life. Take it one day at a time! You can do this!

My taste buds are barking at me all the time, even an hour after a healthy meal. So, I am pre-op right now, with a mid-November date expected for my sleeve. We all talk about head hunger. My biggest problem is taste bud hunger. So, to fight back, I am brushing my teeth three times a day instead of once at bedtime and using mouthwash three times a day - yuck - is there one that is actually tolerable? If my taste buds still won't shut up, then I'll let a tiny mint dissolve on my tongue. Man, this all such WORK. There is nothing easy about giving up the tasty comfort foods and yummy crunchy things we grew up on, but like so many here on the forum have said, we have to choose between health and indulgence, and indulgence was not working for me.

I was having a major issue with wanting to graze in the evening. I have found that a cup of low cal hot chocolate (30cals) each night is keeping my night time eating at bay. Maybe look for some healthy substitutes.

I was having a major issue with wanting to graze in the evening. I have found that a cup of low cal hot chocolate (30cals) each night is keeping my night time eating at bay. Maybe look for some healthy substitutes.

You should try Healthwise Protein hot chocolate! Has 80 calories but 15g of Protein in it. I make mine with nonfat milk so I boost the protein even more! It really makes a great nightcap, especially with a few pumps of sugar free creme de menthe Syrup in it. :)

Surgery was July 15th' date=' I am down 30 pounds and still have alot to go. I started a gym, but am unable to go as much as I would like due to I work long varies hours of the day.

I think I am doing ok, but it doesn't help I am a picky eater before surgery. I still want to eat junk food, but do everything in my power to avoid doing it since my hungry is different now. Its great being full fast, and the hungry goes away so much faster. But my old self remembers how good certain were and wants to enjoy them still. All suggestions are welcome.. thanks, Sandee[/quote']

How are you with self control? Are you a moderation girl or an "all or nothing" girl? I'm 12 weeks out (almost) with surgery on July 2nd and I'm down 41 pounds so far. I'm working out- Zumba and Biggest loser DVDs at home as well as gardening and walking. I track my carbs (50 or less a day) and calories etc, but I also make room for treats still (as a moderation girl myself). Healthier choices, but treats! I have a box of 100 calorie 70% dark chocolate mini bars from Trader Joes, and once a week or so, I'll eat a half a bar really slowly, feeling it dissolve on my tongue, tasting all the flavor. It gets me my chocolate fix and I don't eat anymore. I had a craving for apple pie, so I cut 1/2 an apple into slices, tossed with cinnamon, truvia sugar blend and 1/4 tsp melted butter and baked it for 15 min. It tasted just like apple pie and I even had it a la mode with a tbsp of sugar free frozen cool whip. :). So there are things you can do to still get a treat but stay on target. You just have to know yourself- what you can handle. I still think about my favorite candies occasionally...applets and cotlets, sour patch watermelon or bread but it's not too bad. Once I get closer to goal, I may have some of those too, but now I won't eat 3 servings at a time!

How are you with self control? Are you a moderation girl or an "all or nothing" girl? I'm 12 weeks out (almost) with surgery on July 2nd and I'm down 41 pounds so far. I'm working out- Zumba and Biggest loser DVDs at home as well as gardening and walking. I track my carbs (50 or less a day) and calories etc' date=' but I also make room for treats still (as a moderation girl myself). Healthier choices, but treats! I have a box of 100 calorie 70% dark chocolate mini bars from Trader Joes, and once a week or so, I'll eat a half a bar really slowly, feeling it dissolve on my tongue, tasting all the flavor. It gets me my chocolate fix and I don't eat anymore. I had a craving for apple pie, so I cut 1/2 an apple into slices, tossed with cinnamon, truvia sugar blend and 1/4 tsp melted butter and baked it for 15 min. It tasted just like apple pie and I even had it a la mode with a tbsp of sugar free frozen cool whip. :). So there are things you can do to still get a treat but stay on target. You just have to know yourself- what you can handle. I still think about my favorite candies occasionally...applets and cotlets, sour patch watermelon or bread but it's not too bad. Once I get closer to goal, I may have some of those too, but now I won't eat 3 servings at a time![/quote']

I will have to try the apple recipe. I think my self control is ok, I haven't eaten much bad things, and I have noticed a big difference in my eating habits. Thanks

Sandee