Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction again, finally

Well, I finally got re-filled back to where I was before the unfill. I am so glad to have restriction again and can't wait to start losing weight again. I'm giving it time to settle, of course, but I just hope it is not going to be too tight. I can drink without problem, but so far have not even been able to eat mushies yet (which they told me to start today). Wish me luck.

Nancy

Good luck with your fill. I have to wait 3 weeks to get my fill back since I will be away for two weeks. I have absolutely no restruiction now and it scares me. I can eat anything.

It is scary, Maureen, but I found that even with no fill, I couldn't exactly eat as much as I would have pre-band. The band itself provides a bit of restriction, though not much. Even if you let yourself go a bit, you may not gain weight. I didn't and I was unfilled for about 6 weeks.

Nancy

I was unfilled from June 14th to July 16th and still am - although I've been rebanded.

I was so scared at first, thinking I would surely undo all the good I had done and I was pleasantly surprised to find that some of the things I've been practicing this past year had indeed stuck with me. My brain still wanted to go 'hog' wild, but the banded part of me said nope, moderation, you've done this for a year - you just keep doing what you've been doing all along.

I've never been 'dieting' really anyway. I still had mostly what I wanted, although I still left the breads, rice and Pasta off and my portions remained bandster portions.

I maintained within 5lbs of the loss I had attained - once rebanded, I've now lost that 5lbs plus 3 more. :)

For me, that is a minor miracle..

Hello Ladies, (and gentlemen) I had my second fill on 7/19 and i just started feeling restriction as a matter of fact I had a healthy choice chicken and mashed pot. on Wed. and I got sick, sick for about 15 minutes I was totally freaking out at first because I couldn't breath I got really scared and to top it off I was at work I am a hairdresser and it was very obvious to everyonr that I was having a serious problem. It was quite the site. Anyway i have found that chicken and steak are no no's. So I have to be careful not to eat junk. Thanks for this post. Ginny

Dr. Spegiel

299/275/130

Nancy, good luck with your new restriction. Take it slow!!

Ginny, yeah, it can be really disconcerting the first time you have a serious PB issue going on. I remember thinking it felt like a heart attack or something; I was sweating and really getting ill. But it passes and you realize exactly what went wrong, and now you know how to avoid it in the future. It's amazing how a bit too much food in my esophagus can set off this chain reaction of unpleasantness, but now that I know about it I do what's necessary to make sure it doesn't happen.

CHEW!!! That's your best defense. And then STOP EATING when you have even a suspicion that you've had enough. If you wait two or three minutes and still want more, have another bite. But you were probably right and that was enough.

Restriction is a funny thing sometimes, but it's what does the job.

Woo Hoo Nancy!

I have restriction without having had a fill yet... my first fill is scheduled for next Friday but am thinking they won't do it unless they find out why I am having discomfort. I am not sure if I would need one anyway.

Wishing you well as you start back on your journey to be a big loser!

Darcy