Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, maybe not super new to posting but I never officially posted an intro. Since I have decided that the sleeve is for me I wanted to share a little.

My name is CC from the suburbs of Chicago. Planned on getting the band but at my consult the doctor said sleeve. So I found you guys and started asking questions, reading stories, and made my decision. I was very scared, still am, about getting my stomach removed but all of your stories have been encouraging. I want to thank everyone of you for sharing your experiences, pictures, and support! Without it I know I would still be scratching my head.

Anyway, I have 4 children who are very active. I need to lose 115 pounds to bring me high normal weight but my goal will probably be 136 pounds. Thanks for helping me get started. My Psyc eval is on Wednesday and hope to have surgery by the first weekend in November. I have BCBS IL PPO so all I need is the Psyc eval to be approved.

Can't wait to get to know everyone.

Awesome! I am scheduled for Nov 4th. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum.....Miss Mac here from Alsip on the South Side of Chicago. I am on a similar timeline as you. Just had my psych eval this past Friday, and will see the surgeon on the 24th. My 12 week prep period will be over Nov. 14, and I was told Friday that my surgery will be between the 14th and Thanksgiving. My surgery will be at Loyola University's Gottlieb Hospital in Melrose Park. Where will your sleeve be done?

I am having my surgery at Good Shepard in Barrington. It's so hard to fit the surgery in with 4 kids schedules, the sooner the better for me!

So, does that mean that any of them are actually old enough to help you out around the house?

Hi, I'm new here too. I am still going through the six month approval. I am hoping to be approved by December. Like you I have been looking through different chats as well. Just trying to see all the different opinions. Good luck to you!

I'm new too. Started the process in July but moving slowly due to a move of residence and work responsibilities. Looking forward to following you on your journey.

Keep going guys! Was the best thing I have done for myself and my health. Had mine may1 I am down 85 lbs as of this week. I have also be enable to rid of 5 pills I was taking for type II and other stuff. You will be a new you and be able to tear down the wall that fat has been keeping you prisoner. You will go through good and tough time after the surgery but in the long run you will not regret it!

I had my sleeve 10/19/12. Down 75lbs and very happy! It's the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself! Dr Hoehn saved my life!

So' date=' does that mean that any of them are actually old enough to help you out around the house?[/quote']

Yes they are 9, 12, 14, and 15.

Keep going guys! Was the best thing I have done for myself and my health. Had mine may1 I am down 85 lbs as of this week. I have also be enable to rid of 5 pills I was taking for type II and other stuff. You will be a new you and be able to tear down the wall that fat has been keeping you prisoner. You will go through good and tough time after the surgery but in the long run you will not regret it!

Congrats on the great start. I hope to be just as happy and successful as you.