Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Somedays you get the bear, somedays the bear gets you

I stay cheerful and upbeat and happy. I am glass half full. I stay motivated.

Usually.

Today I want to scream.

In the last 30 days I've lost 5 lbs. Yes. Five. Six weeks post op and I'm down 25 lbs but seriously. Five lbs in a month.

I want to start walking but I've wrenched my back and can barely sit up.

Yesterday, my ex-husband, and the father of my oldest son fell down and broke his neck poor guy. His wife found him wandering around the house bleeding all over the place so at least no paralysis. He seems to be okay but dang! My son is there today.

My clients are all looking at budget cuts but none have told me what it will mean for the rest of the year and the suspense is killing me. Especially since they've asked for additional deliverables. Clients, please call me and put me out if my miserable suspense!

I have worked 3 days in a row that were 18+-hour days and I'm tired. I was supposed to take today off to make up for working Labor Day but I have deliverables due today.

My back hurts.

My Gummy Vitamins from Amazon arrived in one big melted lump.

I am having trouble getting my liquids in even though I feel like all I do is either eat, wait to drink after eating, or drink.

Worked 20 hour day yesterday getting to and from a pitch that we spent a lot of time and money for--only to find out client has no clue what they really want.

My younger son is away this weekend and I will miss him.

Client decided to have an internal team deliver a piece of work promised to us.

My colleague read my horoscope yesterday and told me I was going to have an 8-rated day (out of ten) and that's when everything I listed above happened. I want her money back for the sh/tty newspaper that told us that.

And YES I started my period right before the pitch meeting. WHY DO YOU ASK???!!!

:)

Sigh. I'm being a whiny butt I know. And yes it's probably a TOM thing. But daaaangg!!! Can I get a do-over??

Thanks for listening to me rant.

I am so sorry your day stinks. But I have to tell ya, it made me smile! Chin up, tomorrow it all starts again...LOL Seriously, I hope you get a break soon. Take a little "me" time and find a way to enjoy it.

I am so sorry your day stinks. But I have to tell ya' date=' it made me smile! Chin up, tomorrow it all starts again...LOL Seriously, I hope you get a break soon. Take a little "me" time and find a way to enjoy it.[/quote']

Seriously after I wrote it all down and read it, it was SUCH a bad couple of days that I too had to laugh! I mean, ridiculous!

Hey Gamergirl -- it is Friday, the 13th you know!

Thanks for venting. Makes my minor problems seem so much less important. Hope things improve soon. In the meantime, a friend posted this yesterday. It gave me a good laugh!

post-59500-13813669855515_thumb.jpg

Hey Gamergirl -- it is Friday' date=' the 13th you know!

Thanks for venting. Makes my minor problems seem so much less important. Hope things improve soon. In the meantime, a friend posted this yesterday. It gave me a good laugh!

[/quote']

LOL!! I needed that laugh. I'd forgotten about Friday the 13th, I think I'll just hide under the bed covers today and come out tomorrow.

Oh and I just heard that the pitch I did on Tue/wed with another team? Client LOVED us all! we were SO good and SO smart!

They gave the work to a different agency.

I'm telling you.....

Awww hang in there! Can I tell you a funny story! I told it to someone earlier but I am going to tell you also. My daughter(she is 22) and I were at the beach last night when this nice looking man starts walking down the beach toward us and he has a towel wrapped around him and holding something in his other hand. He looks up at us (we were standing on a ramp) and waves. My daughter leans over and asks me "Do you think he is naked?" I looked at him and then her and said "I do believe he is!" He walks past us and keeps looking back and I told my daughter hang on the way he keeps looking back I think he is gonna drop that towel. Just about then he did and he was one with nature! We busted out laughing and my daughter was trying to take his picture before he got to far! I guess we all need to be a little more carefree when life is tough......not suggesting that you walk naked on a beach! :) I bet that scale starts going down real soon and I'll bet you have lost some inches while the scale is being stubborn. As far as your business is concerned you strike me as a very talented and determined individual who will make her future what she wants it to be. Take care you will come out of this.........I have all the confidence! :)

Awww hang in there! Can I tell you a funny story! I told it to someone earlier but I am going to tell you also. My daughter(she is 22) and I were at the beach last night when this nice looking man starts walking down the beach toward us and he has a towel wrapped around him and holding something in his other hand. He looks up at us (we were standing on a ramp) and waves. My daughter leans over and asks me "Do you think he is naked?" I looked at him and then her and said "I do believe he is!" He walks past us and keeps looking back and I told my daughter hang on the way he keeps looking back I think he is gonna drop that towel. Just about then he did and he was one with nature! We busted out laughing and my daughter was trying to take his picture before he got to far! I guess we all need to be a little more carefree when life is tough......not suggesting that you walk naked on a beach! :) I bet that scale starts going down real soon and I'll bet you have lost some inches while the scale is being stubborn. As far as your business is concerned you strike me as a very talented and determined individual who will make her future what she wants it to be. Take care you will come out of this.........I have all the confidence! :)

Baaahahahaha!! Was he cute at least! :P That IS funny. :) and thank you for your very kind words. They really do help.

Baaahahahaha!! Was he cute at least! :P That IS funny. :) and thank you for your very kind words. They really do help.

I have to admit YES he was very good looking and very fit!! Maybe that is why my daughter and I hung around to see what he was gonna do! :ph34r:

In Scotland we'd say "lucky white heather" which means u need some!

Sorry to hear u are having such a cr@p time of it. Totally get the work thing- clients, don't u just love them- not! :-)))))))

Hope back pain is subsiding and that u are a bit more mobile. Then maybe u can do something to take ur mind off ur youngest's absence...

As ever, this too shall pass, hang in there, Friday 13th is behind u!!!!!

Gamergirl, sorry you had such a run of crappy days!! Well they're over now... The weekend is here, hope it brings you something bright and breezy :)

Then again....broke my stall!! 2 lbs down since yesterday! Yeeee haawww! :)

Then again....broke my stall!! 2 lbs down since yesterday! Yeeee haawww! :)

Way to go!!I bet Monday's business will be more promising as well! If not you can always read the naked man story again! :)

Way to go!!I bet Monday's business will be more promising as well! If not you can always read the naked man story again! :)

If you had REALLY wanted to cheer me up, you'd have posted a picture :-D

Gamergirl -

First off, you're one of my favorite posters. The rest of my faves will have to live in suspense....as I will not reveal their identities (until I start drinking again..maybe?) :)

This posting really shines a light on the pressures of rainmaking and how frustrating it can be for those people who need to hunt work, get in the door, work on the presentation, present, and then WAIT to hear if they made the cut. If you do get the work, there is the endless back and forth of client service based upon the whims of clients who lack strategic vision. A huge task in itself.

When I had a stall in rainmaking, I would take an hour or two and step back to look at my business plan overall. I would analyze where my best money was coming in and that included an analysis of how much time/energy/money it took to generate that income. I know at one time, very similar to what you were experiencing, I actually dropped 5 % of my client because they were just not meeting my expectations financially - they were inefficient sources of income.

After the analysis, I determined which clients I would like to attract and which of my current clients I wanted to get more business from to INCREASE my income. Why bother doing the analysis if I wasn't going to improve?!

Stalls and uncertainty in business lead to improvements in efficiency and effectiveness. Find out what the other company did to get the work. My guess is..they had a contact. I lost out more work to connections than any other reason. I networked like crazy but there are just some contacts you can never make. If I lost the work for another reason, then I worked on improving that aspect of my business.

OK...off the soapbox... What you are doing is tough work. I relate to the pains of being on the client service side of business. Keep at it. Stay tough.

And just like the stall in your weight loss lifted, working on your business plan will result in more business coming in.... Better business I hope.

tc