Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Hi you guys,

I just got back at noon today. I was in AZ for a few days. When I got home, guess what was sitting at my front door! I think I will start on Sunday. Do you think I can lose 7 lbs by my surgery if I stick strictly to the diet?

Hope everyone is doing well! I had to go back and read all the posts! I missed you guys.

Gail

I lost 7 punds in 3 days when I started my liquid!! I need to go get on the scale today, we were out snowmobiling ALL DAY and I bet I lost at least a couple

Pam, I have heard the South Meadows group is way better. I just didn't see the point of the one I went to. Guess I get enough from my family and the people here. I may try and go to one of the others, but I am a scout leader and our meetings are on thursday too.

Chris

Gail, Red

How you guys feeling?? Did my blood and EKG yesterday and all looks good. Have one more appt. with Dr Ganser and then Surgery.

Chris

I am feeling great! Today is the first day that I can actually say I just about feel 100% better! I am so excited! I just can't wait to get back to the gym. I have my post op appointment on Tuesday and I am hoping he will say it is ok to go back. Eatting is going pretty well. I am on a diet of Cream of Wheat, Applesauce, scrambled egg whited, and Protein Shakes. I know you guys cant mix the shake with anything but Water yet, but after surgery I reccomend mixing it with Soy milk and sugar free vanilla flavoring, it is my favorite.

Pam it was so nice to meet you the other night at the support group, maybe we will see eachother again some time.

Well thats all for now guys, talk to you all later!

Red;

Because you are so well spoken and have great advice and your hubby was so kind to post as soon as you got home I just assumed you were much older. And~what a great hubby you have, when we were in support group he kept looking at you and rubbing your shoulder and back and hand, what a great couple you guys are!

Those bodybuggs ARE expensive! Wow! Don't think I will be rushing out to buy one anytime soon...

How far do you think you could walk at this point? For excercise purposes...

I must go to an auction 3 days post surgery; do you think that would be pushing it? Surgery on Thurs auction on Saturday.

You are so young and I am glad for you to deal with the weight issue early in your life! I wish I was that smart when I was younger, and I probably was, except the band was not available.

I was reading over the post op diet and it said bean Soup (blenderized), I love bean soup, and make really good 7 bean soup.

I have been pretty good on the pre op diet for the last couple of days.

The protien shakes you are drinking; are they still the baritrix?

Hi Everyone!

I was out of town again and am leaving again for a few days after my classes and pre-op appt.

I was looking for the sugar free flavorings today and couldn't locate them at Smiths or Albertsons. Where are you finding them?

I am going to start my diet tomorrow. Wish me well. I will be doing this while on the road. That probably won't be real easy but I GOTTA DO IT!!

Gail

Yes I am still drinking the Bariatrix shakes. I found the sugar free flavorings at Raleys. They were down the coffee and tea isle. I have found vanilla to be the best.

Pam depending on your pain and comfort level I should think that you would be ok to go to the auction on Saturday. I would make sure that you have a place to sit though incase you get lightheaded or anything like that.

Red,

I have tried all three flavors today. I wonder why anyone would want to change the flavors with the syrups? It seems to me that they have enough flavor the way it is. IMHO that is:) . When they say Balsamic Vinegar Dressing, does anyone know how it is mixed or do you just buy the regular bottled version? I was thinking of putting it on some lettuce tonight.

Gail

Pam, I was getting that too. I almost bought one yesterday. When I read it over, it sounded like it was for By pass patients.

I quit using the flavors too. What I do like though is to mix the chocolate and bananna. NOT TOO BAD. The lettuce /vinigar is pretty good too. I also like broccoli with ground seasalt and garlic

Chris

You know~ I expected to lose alot more weight than I have on this bariatrix stuff. It is only 985 calories per day and I probably only cheat maybe 100-200 calories per day, and I usually don't drink the final drink at night so that would be 85 cal. less. And my cheating is strictly pure protien, egg white, chick breast, or shrimp without any seasoning.

Hmmmm...

OH! FYI I was told that Dr. Sasse is opening a diet center that should open very soon in Reno for NON surgery patients~ I thought this tidbit of info was VERY interesting~ but no details DAMN! If anybody gets the nerve up to ask him (he's not my dr) I would be interested in his take on this.

So I went shopping for post surgery, this is what I bought, if you guys wanna look it over and tell me if I have missed something or should not eat something I bought, any and all input would help and not feel like critisism. Lets put a list of all of our great ideas ~not just mine :)

liquid tylenol

liquid vitamins

cream of wheat

egg whites

low fat yogurt

cottage cheese

bean Soups

tofu

crystal light

oatmeal

sf Jello

sf pudding

chicken breast for week two for chili verdi (it will simmer all day)

chicken chili con carne

veg beef Soup

chiopinno (seafood chowder) high in Protein

green Beans to be cooked with seasoned ham hocks for the proteinin the broth and flavor

string cheese

V-8's

meat tenderizer and pinapple juice (just in case, I get stuck and panic)