Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Yes I geocache.. My husband is the City of Sparks city surveyor so geocacheing is his passion. We sometimes spend all day geocacheing. He likes it 1000000% more than I do.

We should geocache together, which would be good excercise for all of us, spouses and kids.

Hi all,

I was banded on January 16th, and Dr. Kozar was my Dr. as well. All went well except I apparently came out of anastesia and six people had to hold me down, not that I remember any of that.

Pain was very minimal, just get up and walk as quickly as you can, the gas they fill you with that causes pain and minor discomfort in your left shoulder for whatever reason, and all of that can be relieved by simply walking. My wife thought I was a lunatic as I would keep simply pacing back and forth in our bedroom.

I think my other big recommendation, is try not to sleep during the day. Granted you will have nothing to do and will be home for about three or four days, but just try and restore back some sense of normalcy. Watch TV, read, play on the internet but don't sleep during the day. I did, unfortunately, and it completely threw off my sleeping pattern, and I was up every night for many hours which sucked. :)

But now I'm three weeks in, down 23 pounds and feeling great.

Happy to join the other Reno bandsters.

Hi Muttman,

Please to make your aquaintance and congrats on your weightloss. My surgery is March 7th. Needless to saying I am really looking forward to it!

Hope your getting a good night's sleep now:)

Gail

Well today is he big day!!! It is 5:30 am and we are finally getting ready to leave for the hospital!! I am so excited I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Chris you sound like my husband, he lives for quad riding, geocaching, and mine exploring. Well guys wish me luck and I will let you all know how it went when I get home!!

Hey Red!!!

Today IS the day! Congrats! It is going to be wonderful after you get all the gas out of your body so walk walk walk walk walk! And I noticed by your ticker you are down already 19 #'s that is great.

I "SUCK" at this bariatrix liquid diet! I get headaches (which ormally I never get) I get weak (mentally to stay on bariatrix) and physically. When I am hungry I am a different person entirely!WOW So I can't wait until my day is here so I can feel full again.

Muttman;

Congrats! And tell me how everything went since you are the first of "our local" group to have gone through the process by own of our own local dr's. Which hosp did you go to? Will you give us details? Did Dr. Kozar come into you while you were in recovery and tell you everything was okay or did you lay there in la la land wondering how everything went?

Does the band make you feel satiated? Is it as you expected? Would you do it again? What food stage are you on? What are you eating? How much are you eating before you feel full? Is it a HUGE difference?

Hey all,

Here we go for another week!!

Muttman, glad to see you here, Gail, we are thinking of you and good luck!!

I started my baritrix today, a day early, but I have been kind of a pig this weekend so, I neede a jumpstart. I wanted a few of the things I don't think I will be able to have again before I sarted so, oh well.

Redfred, what does your husband ride?? Does he ever look for partners? I am always looking for people to ride with. We take a trip to Dixie valley onece a year for a long weekend. It is fun and there are lots of really cool places to see. We did almost 300 miles in 4 days there last year

Chris

Hey guys, Red's husband checking in here on her behalf. We just walked in the door about 15 minutes ago, and right now she is relaxing on the couch. Everything went very well. She is just a little sore, and her shoulder does ache from the air in her abdominal cavity, but all in all, she's in pretty good shape. With no plans for the next few days, I'm sure she'll be breaking out the laptop and checking in again real soon. :clap2:

Redfred, what does your husband ride?? Does he ever look for partners? I am always looking for people to ride with. We take a trip to Dixie valley onece a year for a long weekend. It is fun and there are lots of really cool places to see. We did almost 300 miles in 4 days there last year

Chris

Chris, I have an 05 Suzuki King Quad, and I would love to meet some more riders in the area, especially if they are into mine exploration as well. Do you have a group here locally that you ride with?

glad to hear everything went well!!!

I go out with some guys from WWW.atvexplorers.com It has been a while since I rode with them because my son is getting to the age he is keeping up. I ride a Polaris Scrambler 500 my wife rides a Sportsman 400 and the kid rides a Hawkeye 300

Chris

Well, I ended up getting the flu yesterday and having to cancel a snowmobile trip today. I have a 24 hour long day today so I have had to extend all my drinks ot to make them last all night too and it SUCKS!!!

I am super hungry right now and still want to wait a couple of hours till I have my next one. I do have my brocolli to eat at midnight so that will help. The shakes arn't too bad. I ended up liking the chocolate best and only ordered one jug of that. I am mixing a bannana and chocolate for one of my snack tonight so we will see how that is.

OK, enough of me bitching ahah!!

Chris