Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP me choose a Surgeon in Cancun or other Mexico city

Now that I've made the decision to do the sleeve (self-pay), how do I decide which surgeon and which location? Cancun would be a quick flight for me from Houston -- and somehow sounds more secure than Juarez & Tiajuana...

Do you know and RECOMMEND a surgeon in Cancun? I have to watch my budget, but I don't want to risk getting a poorly-trained surgeon. Websites can look fine, but I'd love to hear the real truth from YOU!

Help!

Hi , i had my sleeve done in Tijuana at the Jerusalem hospital with Dr Mario Almanza . Flew to San Diego ,they pick you up at the airport and bring you back to the airport for your flight back home. I had no issues , i got treated exceptionally well , everyone is very professional and very nice , best of care . i am 3 weeks post op and have not had a single complication , i feel great and am getting stronger every day . Contact weight loss agents.com ..Just a thought if Cancun doesnt pan out . good luck

I had surgery in Piedras Negras, MX with Dr. Guillermo Alvarez. I flew into San Antonio, TX and the hospital is a 2 and a half hour ride from San Antonio. Just a mile across the border from Eagle Pass, TX. The hospital was great, the staff were attentive. Dr. Alvarez is a skilled and experienced Surgeon. I've been a Registered Nurse for 38 years and my experience with him and his staff is rated A+. I would recommend him to any of my family or friends. You can check him out on Endobariatrics.com. I did a lot of research before choosing him. I could not find even one negative review or post about him.

I had my surgery done in Cancun with Dr. Perez, who I really liked. Alma with Ready 4 a Change is great too. You would have to go to a small hospital, so it might not be for you, but it was fine for me. My husband went with me and his laid back, easy-going attitude helped. I had complete trust in Dr. Perez and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel and beach were wonderful. It was a great experience.

THANX for the info! Hope more will add their comments.

We have to have blood work done here in the states, but my PCP doesn't 'believe' in weight-loss surgery for under 40 BMI. Any suggestions on finding one who does? Make a bunch of phone calls?

I am having surgery this Friday in Tijuana with Dr Garcia through Ready 4 a Change. I have been on a pre op diet for 11 days and have lost 13 pounds so it took my bmi from 50.5 to 47.2. It will now be $4700 instead of $5200. That includes everything except airfare from St Louis. Good luck with your decision.

Dr Perez does surgery in cancun with alighterme.com

Dr. Alejandro Lopez does surgery in puerto Vallarta (a tourist beach area) and is a great doctor. He no longer uses alighterme so you will have to google him to get his contact info.

TXCalico, you might get in touch with a bariatric surgeon's office in Houston. Don't give them all the details, just tell them you are considering weight loss surgery but your PCP doesn't approve and won't provide you with a surgeon's referral. Ask if they have a doctor or a list of doctors they can recommend who would be more supportive. I'm not suggesting lying to them, but don't feel compelled to mention that you are planning to do this in Mexico and not with the surgeon whose office you are talking to.

Hi,

Flew into San Diego around 11 a.m. and had surgery that same afternoon around 2 p.m. If I had to do it again, I would do it the same way. I had my surgery (Wed)8/21/2013 in Tijuana, Mx with Dr. jaime Ponce de leon. I went through WLS4betterlife.com. My coordinator was Trish. She was the best. She prayed for me before surgery. She patted my back to get rid of my gas after surgery. She arranged for us(myself & my husband) to stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel which was fantastic. She arranged for everything for us except the airline reservations. Dr. Ponce's whole team is excellent. He personally checked on me several times during my 2 day stay in the hospital. A doctor was always on the floor of the hospital when I was there. The only thing missing at the hospital was wash cloths! For some reason, they don't provide any, but I brought my own. My husband had his surgery with Dr. Ponce 15 months before I did, so I came prepared.

I was provided with a folder at the end of my hospital stay with a copy of my EKG,the results of my blood work-up, a receipt for what I paid($5500), a note to give to my employer for time off from work, a copy of the diet plan,a medicine instruction sheet telling you which and when to take your medicines that they send home with you, a CD with a video of my surgery, a CD with the barium leak test on it, and Trish's business card so I could call her with any questions I might have after I get home. Trish, also, gives you a little care package for the airplane with juice and Water. Trish took us out for my first bowl of broth(which was delicious) at a nice little restaurant that overlooked shopping. We, also, did some shopping which was great. I came home with a beautiful silver pendant with blue opal in it. But the best part was the morning(Sat.)my husband and I went walking on the beach at 7 a.m. for an hour and I found 6 sand dollars just laying in the sand! I felt great. No pain had my last pain shot in the hospital the night before. I took 1 Tylenol once when I got home, but after that nothing. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat. I was so nervous the weekbeforehand, but once we got on the airplane to fly, my fears went away. Trish and Dr. Ponce and his "Dream Team" took all of my fears away.

Hi I'm also going to cancun and live outside the Houston area!! I'm new to this app but am super excited not sure also where to go bug I am for sure going to cancun!

Tx how about drive to eagle pass and go to Dr alvarez?

$4700 great deal and it's with a great doctor with lots of experience.

I too, went to Dr. Garcia in Tijuana, Mexico. I went with Ready4Achange.com. They were awesome. I was sleeved on 8/9/13 with no complications. I feel great.