Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I will respect my wife, the situation and our marriage by not posting for a few more days (or until my wife is well enough to travel from Florida to NY again to be with her mother).

We have just had a miserable week. My wife lost an uncle and I lost an aunt. That plus, my wife's mother is very sick in a Brooklyn hospital and my wife is sick in Florida with a condition that is contagious enough that our doctor told her not to go to her mother's bedside, lest she make her mother sicker (and possible kill her).
My condolences to you and your wife, T_O_M. I hope your wife feels better soon.

They are also responsible for most of the violent crime against whites too

No, this is completely false.

TOM: I knew Ron was totally wrong on the black crime stats, but I have no stats at my fingertips to disprove it and so I decided to let it go and hope everyone knew better. I am thrilled that you posted even though it might have gone against your wife's wishes.

I am very sorry for your losses. It always makes you wonder when things happen all at once sometimes. I do hope your DW is feeling better already. I am sure she is anxious to be with her mother. Please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

Thanks again for your post~!

TOM, all of this is terrible news. I am so sorry that you and your wife are suffering through all of this grief. I hope your wife will recover quickly and be with her own mum ASAP. And of course we miss your voice on these boards, you know. All the best to you and your wife from Green.

The Gun debate is not a debate, It is statistically proven fact that in countries with high per capita gun ownership Gun crimes are significantly higher. As an example Toronto Canada averages about 2.3 murders per 100,000 citizens a year and of these murders 1.3 are commited using guns. In Chicago those numbers are about 6 times higher on average and Chicago places 48th on the list of murder rates for American cities. Toronto and Chicago are often compared because they are similar in size.

The gun debate is only debated in the USA the rest of the western world has stopped the debate and looked to the facts. The NRA does spend a large amount muddying the waters so I can understand the confusion. This is similar to the Global warming debate in that the only place where some people still beleive that Gun control is bad or that Global warming is a myth is the USA.

It does seem odd that in both cases that the charge is being led by the religious right, I guess Jesus said somewhere "Feel free to shoot people and don't worry about destroying the planet"

Cheers

TommyO

In the Us, the vast majority of violent crime is also committed by young black men for many of the same reasons that you mentioned. They are also responsible for most of the violent crime against whites too, based upon what I see on TV and in the newspapers.
I don't know what shows you're watching or newspapers you're reading, but most crime is intraracial not interracial. Take homicide as an example.

Current through 2004:

• 86% of white victims were killed by whites
  • 94% of black victims were killed by blacks

(From the US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics.)

post-205294-13813134638757_thumb.png

Best wishes TOM!

In the Us, the vast majority of violent crime is also committed by young black men for many of the same reasons that you mentioned. They are also responsible for most of the violent crime against whites too, based upon what I see on TV and in the newspapers. I suspect the same might be true in Canada. If I walk down a street in my home town, I feel my chance of being shot is close to zero as well. Unfortunately, I can't stay just in my own town, and the percentage changes depending on where you travel. I suspect the same is true if you wander into bad areas in Canada.

I lived in upstate New York for about 10 years in a rural area where everyone owned firearms of one kind or another. We never locked our homes or our cars, and your NEVER heard of a violet crime or break in. Why? because everyone owned a gun and if you broke into someone's home or assulted them, you stood a very good chance of being shot!!:clap2:

Talk about stereotyping. You start a thread about racism in France, what about your own racism here in the good ol USA. I see TOM answered you with stats - Thanks TOM. DO you feel less threatened in your home town because there are no African Americans in your town. Is that the gist of your post? I don't anger easily, but this crosses the line RON. I feel sorry for you and your narrow-mindedness.

I thought the same thing when I first read Ron's post, but I didn't want to be the first to say something. I was hoping that I was just reading too much into what he was saying because he wasn't my favorite person. But if other people saw it too, then I guess I wasn't wrong.

OT: OUSooner, I took a look at your website, and your kids are so cute!

Thanks Laurend. As you can may be able to tell, my oldest is bi-racial, so racism is a hot button for me. I am very protective of him cause I love him a lot. :)