Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Please allow me to answer you! First, our country was founded on, and our government formed under the principals set forth in the Bible. These principals have become the foundation of our legal system, and the basis upon what that systems deems to be right or wrong. As an individual you may disagree with that, but nevertheless, it is the law of the land and we must abide with it. The death of "Matthew Shepard" and others, and the hate that caused that, weather you believe it or not, does not come from fundamentalist Christianity. It comes from people who wear the name tag, but are countifeit garments. Christians love the people, but hate whet we consider to be their sin. There is a very big difference. I feel and can understand your pain.

As I have mentioned, I am not an atheist. I believe in a higher power that resides beyond us but also dwells within us. Whatever anyone wants to call that higher power is fine by me (Jesus, Buddah, Allah etc.), as long as they don't use their belief to oppress other people.

The issue I have with fundamentalist Christians as a group, is that they actively participate in making laws based on the bible, that oppress me, and that have stopped me from living my life in the way that I should have lived it.

The biggest example I can give of this is the fact that Gay marriage is not legal. The reason it's not legal is based on Christianity. Christianity is a belief system I don't share, and since in this country we are supposed to have seperation of church and state, I find it appalling that my life has been altered based on a belief that I know in my heart is a myth.

No one can ever know the pain I live with every day. Because being Gay was much less accepted 18 years ago (when I met my husband), I followed the heterosexual path and got married. I love my husband dearly, but in reality I should have ended up with a woman.

I do partially blame Christianity for contributing to the lack of acceptance that still pervades our society.

I go to work every day with my bosses, two women who have been together for 15 years. They have the most beautiful baby in the world. The fact that they are not allowed to get married breaks my heart every single day.

Yes, I do have rage and anger against fundamentalist Christians. I admit that. I do blame them for the death of Matthew Shepard, and I blame them for the thousands of Gay teens that commit suicide. I will never stop blaming them for preaching hate and intolerance of Gay people. Never.

I have no idea if anyone here shares my views, or if they have other deeply personal reasons for being angry at fundamentalist Christians, but that's where I'm coming from. It is difficult, almost impossible, to remain polite to people who are fundamentalist Christians because of my deeply personal life experience.

It was Hitler who made the law.

Hitler was not a Christian under the Biblical understanding.

Christian's are obligated to obey the law unless it contridicts God's law. The wonton killing of millions of Jews and others is certainly not in agreement with Christian Biblical understanding and practice. They certainly were not guilty of committing any crime worthy of death.

BuSh made the decision to invade Iraq. So it is ok to kill Iraqi civilians? Hitler made the decision to invade Poland and Austria, but it is not ok?

How parallel must it be before you admit it?

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's also means

Give unto BuSh what is BuSh's and

Give unto Hitler what is Hitler's

Hitler was elected. Caesar was a monarch. We will not discuss BuSh.

Sunta, there are many people who share your views. I have been following this thread but have not posted because i make it a rule of life that my beliefs are my own. If I would have jumped in, it would have resembled your post. Thank you.

Please allow me to answer you! First, our country was founded on, and our government formed under the principals set forth in the Bible. These principals have become the foundation of our legal system, and the basis upon what that systems deems to be right or wrong.

Where in the Bible does it say "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion..."?

As I have mentioned, I am not an atheist. I believe in a higher power that resides beyond us but also dwells within us. Whatever anyone wants to call that higher power is fine by me (Jesus, Buddah, Allah etc.), as long as they don't use their belief to oppress other people.

The issue I have with fundamentalist Christians as a group, is that they actively participate in making laws based on the bible, that oppress me, and that have stopped me from living my life in the way that I should have lived it.

The biggest example I can give of this is the fact that Gay marriage is not legal. The reason it's not legal is based on Christianity. Christianity is a belief system I don't share, and since in this country we are supposed to have seperation of church and state, I find it appalling that my life has been altered based on a belief that I know in my heart is a myth.

No one can ever know the pain I live with every day. Because being Gay was much less accepted 18 years ago (when I met my husband), I followed the heterosexual path and got married. I love my husband dearly, but in reality I should have ended up with a woman.

I do partially blame Christianity for contributing to the lack of acceptance that still pervades our society.

I go to work every day with my bosses, two women who have been together for 15 years. They have the most beautiful baby in the world. The fact that they are not allowed to get married breaks my heart every single day.

Yes, I do have rage and anger against fundamentalist Christians. I admit that. I do blame them for the death of Matthew Shepard, and I blame them for the thousands of Gay teens that commit suicide. I will never stop blaming them for preaching hate and intolerance of Gay people. Never.

I have no idea if anyone here shares my views, or if they have other deeply personal reasons for being angry at fundamentalist Christians, but that's where I'm coming from. It is difficult, almost impossible, to remain polite to people who are fundamentalist Christians because of my deeply personal life experience.

Sunta, I am sorry you have gone through so much. I mean that honestly in the middle of all this bantering. You are right that the way the message is delivered causes problems. No question and I think this thread proves that. As a Christian, I honestly do not beleive in homosexuality. That is my beleif system. That being said, it is wrong and shamefull for anyone to shun or outcast anyone who believes other than yourself. I had a friend at my last job who was gay and found out later had AIDS. He knew my stance and I knew his and we got along fine. In fact, we he had a spell of sickness and was off work for a period, myself and some co-workers bought graceries and visited him at home. I say that not to pat myself on the back, but to say it is possible to let your beleifs be known and not hate or shun people. Anyone who preaches hate and violence are morally inept regardless of faith. I think it as also natural to try to get laws passed based on personal beleifs. I think pro gay activist lobby just as hard. Just as pro life and pro choice lobbyist work hard to have laws passed based on the individual code of morality. Please accept my appologies for things you and others have encoured in the name of God. Remember that just because someone claims to be acting for God doesn't mean they are, usually its just a bunch of ignorant rednecks! :)

Please allow me to answer you! First, our country was founded on, and our government formed under the principals set forth in the Bible. These principals have become the foundation of our legal system, and the basis upon what that systems deems to be right or wrong.

So where in our laws are we required to have no Gods before God? Where are we prohibitied from worshiping idols? Where are we made to honor our mothers and fathers? What is the penality for taking the Lord's name in vain?

Stories like this break my heart, I'm sorry for what you've gone through.

I've asked other Christians how they would feel if someone said "My God says being married to someone of the opposite sex is a sin, so I am going to demand you divorce right now"? I don't think I've ever gotten a good answer to that.

Just know that not all of us want the laws to reflect our own personal beliefs.

Sunta, I am sorry you have gone through so much. I mean that honestly in the middle of all this bantering. You are right that the way the message is delivered causes problems. No question and I think this thread proves that. As a Christian, I honestly do not beleive in homosexuality. That is my beleif system. That being said, it is wrong and shamefull for anyone to shun or outcast anyone who believes other than yourself. I had a friend at my last job who was gay and found out later had AIDS. He knew my stance and I knew his and we got along fine. In fact, we he had a spell of sickness and was off work for a period, myself and some co-workers bought graceries and visited him at home. I say that not to pat myself on the back, but to say it is possible to let your beleifs be known and not hate or shun people. Anyone who preaches hate and violence are morally inept regardless of faith. I think it as also natural to try to get laws passed based on personal beleifs. I think pro gay activist lobby just as hard. Just as pro life and pro choice lobbyist work hard to have laws passed based on the individual code of morality. Please accept my appologies for things you and others have encoured in the name of God. Remember that just because someone claims to be acting for God doesn't mean they are, usually its just a bunch of ignorant rednecks! :)
Bless you. People who do things like you did give me hope that our country and world are not lost.:clap2:

I am not going to get into a political debate because nothing good can come of it. I don't approve of everything that Bush has done and every decision that he has made, but I do support the war on terror.

Based upon the information that was available at the time, which was accepted by leaders of both parties, it was believed that there were weapons of mass destruction there. There is no question that Saddam was in bed with Islamic radicals and that there were training camps in the country. This man committed genocide against his own people, was a constant threat to the middle east, and harbored those who would destroy America. There were numerous reasons why I believe we needed to invade Iraq..

The big difference between this war and the invasion of Poland by Hitler is that this was an act to attack our enemies where we found them, and defend our national interests, whereas Hitler's goal was world domoniation. There is no comparision.

Weather you believe in the war or not; weather you like Bush or not, he is the President of the United States, duely elected my the majority of the people in this country, and deserves our respect and support during this time of war and constant threat against our country.

BuSh made the decision to invade Iraq. So it is ok to kill Iraqi civilians. Hitler made the decision to invade Poland and Austria, but it is not ok?

How quarreler must it be before you admit it?

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's also means

Give unto BuSh what is BuSh's and

Give unto Hitler what is Hitler's

Hitler was elected. Caesar was a monarch. We will not discuss BuSh.

Only Two of the 10 Commandments have found their way into US Law.

I said that our legal system was based upon Biblical principals. I never said or implyed that all Biblical principals and understanding was contained in the law. If that was the case, the Bible would be our constitution, which it is not.

So where in our laws are we required to have no Gods before God? Where are we prohibitied from worshiping idols? Where are we made to honor our mothers and fathers? What is the penality for taking the Lord's name in vain?

As long as we believe that there is a "War on Terror" we will continue to see innocent people die.

IThere is no question that Saddam was in bed with Islamic radicals

Actually, he was a pretty secular leader. Many Islamic groups weren’t happy with him or his leadership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam#Saddam_Hussein_as_a_secular_leader

“Saddam saw himself as a social revolutionary and a modernizer, following the Nasser model. To the consternation of Islamic conservatives, his government gave women added freedoms and offered them high-level government and industry jobs. Saddam also created a Western-style legal system, making Iraq the only country in the Persian Gulf region not ruled according to traditional Islamic law (Sharia). Saddam abolished the Sharia law courts, except for personal injury claims.”

“However, no conclusive evidence of any kind, linking Saddam and bin Laden's al-Qaeda organization has ever been produced by any US government official. It is the official assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community that contacts between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda over the years did not lead to a collaborative relationship. The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence was able to find evidence of only one such meeting, as well as evidence of two occasions "not reported prior to the war, in which Saddam Hussein rebuffed meeting requests from an al-Qa'ida operative. The Intelligence Community has found no other evidence of meetings between al-Qa'ida and Iraq." The Senate Committee concluded that while there was no evidence of any Iraqi support of al-Qaeda, there was convincing evidence of hostility between the two entities”

None of this is to defend what he did, but he wasn’t aligned with radical Muslims.

I said that our legal system was based upon Biblical principals. I never said or implyed that all Biblical principals and understanding was contained in the law. If that was the case, the Bible would be our constitution, which it is not.

So you don't think the 10 commandments are all that important as Biblical principals?

I personally think there are principals in the Bible that are there to keep us from harming each other. It was those that I think look like a lot of our laws, but I don't believe it was a religous thing, I simply think it's about protecting our selves from each other.

Catch phrase type war names are created to gain public support, they are marketing devices not based on reality. America could just as easily fighting a war between the "Tastes Great" and "Less Filling" factions. Just add the words "Evil Doer" to one of the sides and we now have a right and a wrong. Who doesn't want to defeat the "Less Filling Evil Doers" especially since they worship a different Supreme being.