Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

So, critizing the president makes one un-patriotic?

Obviously.....and criticizing Ron's literal view of the Bible means you aren't going to heaven, so BE CAREFUL. You could end up stranded in hell with the Dixie Chicks!

Obviously.....and criticizing Ron's literal view of the Bible means you aren't going to heaven, so BE CAREFUL. You could end up stranded in hell with the Dixie Chicks!

Well, at least the music would be good!

One question though, would I be sharing hell with all the Clinton bashers?! :(

:(:):P :puke: :puke: :puke:

I guess this must be very un-Christian like of me, because we take ourselves so seriously, but I couldn't help it.

I've been holding back for as long as I could!

Ron if Hitler were president of the United States today, would you still be saying I'm unpatriotic because I said he's a bad man?

Well as far as I'm concerned, this president is a bad man. If you think that I should support him just because he was elected, you have another think coming. I believe that they rigged the first election so don't even talk to me about that. Because I can get REALLY mad about all of the disenfranchised voters in that election.

Furthermore, you were probably one of the first people to do all you could to put down Bill Clinton while he was president and for all of his warts, he's twice the man that G. W. Bush is. Actually, Bush isn't even in the same league as a person.

If that causes you to throw the word un-patriotic at me, you look like the fool you've worked so hard to prove yourself to be.

Good for you, TommyO, you made a great point with your post!

missyGordon: My sentiments exactly!!

:) I'm just guessing, but I don't think we are :puke:about the same thing.....

I think we are on opposite sides of the fence here. :nervous

Hi Missy! How are you today! God is Good!

:) I'm just guessing, but I don't think we are :puke:about the same thing.....

I think we are on opposite sides of the fence here. :nervous

Praise the Lord I am doing great! I just finished my next column for the Christian-Life Times and I am getting for a Bible study I am conducting next month, and a whole lot of other things. I'm going for my 4th fill on Monday so, God willing, I can start losing again.

Gotta leave now. Someone is picking me up for a meeting. Talk to you soon. Blessings!

Ron

I'm doing great! How are you Ron? :wave:

Well maybe just teensy weensy opposites, missy. Seriously... it is so very upsetting to have someone call you unpatriotic or unChristian. It does make me want to vomit. Spew chunks. Hurl. Lose my lunch. Say bad things...

And I have to agree this horse was dead many pages ago, wavydaby!

Here's to the hope that this thread will die.

Please God.. let it die.

:deadhorse:

That's what we all hope. Then the damn thing draws you back in again.

This has been a long, long conversation but I think that it has been very interesting; this has been an opportunity for a real cross-section of the types of people that represent America (and Canada in the case of Green and TommyO) to debate their beliefs.

So often in real life birds of a feather flock together and thus we do not have this opportunity to get up close and personal and actually talk with people who hold very, very different beliefs from one's own. I don't think I have ever met a Baptist in person but I know lots of lapsed Catholics, Muslims, and Jews. Indeed, these folk comprise the majority of my closest friends and family. I mention this in order that you can see why I have found this thread so valuable.

Perhaps many of you feel the same way...that you have come into contact with individuals with very different viewpoints from those of your family and friends.

Cusano and I crossed swords fairly early on in this thread and then we made our uneasy peace. He believes. I don't. And I apologized for using the putz-word.

The battles between the Christians, that is to say Cusano vs the more liberal gang have been interesting, I think. It strikes me that there is a fundamental split in the vision of Christianity and the focus of belief between the liberals and the conservatives; the conservatives are big on rules and punishment and the liberals are big on justice tempered by mercy.

The conservative is inclined to want to threaten his neighbour with Hellfire because he didn't cross his ts. (From my limited understanding of both Judaism and Islam, both desert religions by the way, there are many more rules and much more emphasis on the observance of these. This makes sense; life in the desert is much tougher.) The conservative is an individual who uses the Bible as a rule book. He is also not, psychologically speaking, a curious or laid-back cat. His weakness can be that he forgets that he is only a little man - just like the rest of us. Spiritual arrogance is never a good thing.

The liberal is someone who chooses to take a broad positive philosophy out of the Bible: perhaps laying particular emphasis on the Ten Commandments from the Old Testament and the message contained in life, teachings and death of Jesus out of the New Testament. He is temperamentally/philosophically much more inclusive, more generous, and more forgiving than the conservative in his approach to his belief and his Christianity. His weakness might be that he can be so accomodating that he loses sight of his own beliefs. There is nothing wrong with this if you are a theist and have come feel that the beliefs of other peoples must have the same weight, power, and value as the ones you yourself started out with.

"the president of the United States agrees with some of what they have said is an embarrassment to many, many Americans" - What a patriotic American!!! You seem to forget that the majority of Americans voted him into office and still support him!
Does BuSh really believe in what the Christian Right Political Movement is espousing or does he really need the votes of the Christian Right Political Movement?

There was a book out, Tempting Faith by a conservative Christian, David Kuo, who worked in the BuSh White House and who exposed the lies told to garner votes from the Christian Right Political Movement, though never giving them much of what they wanted except lip service.

This has been a long, long conversation but I think that it has been very interesting; this has been an opportunity for a real cross-section of the types of people that represent America (and Canada in the case of Green and TommyO) to debate their beliefs.

So often in real life birds of a feather flock together and

Canada is in America as is Mexico and the "United States of America". The name of the USA is not America. So Canadians are (North) Americans as are Mexicans. Panamanians and Peruvians and Chilians are also Americans; (South) Americans.

We in the United States have been so presumtive as to try to take over 2 continents (in name, of course).

There I go, Crying again.:faint: