Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I am certainly not yelling at anyone. If that is what he believes, and I don't know that because he refuses to address it, than my question would be, if you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God and don't believe it is factural, than on what do you base you Christian beliefs on?? This is an honest question! To be a Christian you need to be a followor of Christ. What are you following?

If the Bible can't be believed, put it aside and tell me how you know about Jesus, what He did, who He was, and what exactly you have faith in? It is either based on something or it is baseless? These are valid questions, aren't they?

If you have faith, what do you have faith in and why? The Bible says, "faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the Word of God"! That is what my faith is based on - the Word of God! My question is, what is Tom's and I guess your faith as well, based upon if you believe like Tom does? A faith that is not based on anything is like a fairy tale.

I can't speak for TOM, but I think one can believe in Jesus as a savior and also not take the Bible literally.

Hey Pal! You want toknow ehy and how I believe what I do so you can criticize, you don't want to be on the receiving end, right.

You say you believe in Jesus! Which Jesus? Certainly not the Jesus of the Bible. Is it the Jesus you made up to be anything you want him to be? If you can question me, why can't I question you??

You know, you don't have to answer questions. I don't really remember anyone questioning your beliefs until you had offered them up. Making them fair game, IMHO, for discussion.

I am very upset with this guy! I am yelling! He tears me apart but crys like a baby if I ask HIM to explain himself.

OK, I have to call BS. I have seen no sign whatsoever of TOM "crying like a baby" at your questions.

I haven't had time to post in the thread (barely even had time to catch up and keep up) but I noticed with interest that Ron stated several times that he didn't want to get into a discussion of different religions (specifically Catholicism) and yet was dragged into it and then attacked -- by pretty much everyone. And yet TOM isn't willing to discuss his beliefs because he's afraid of getting attacked. Maybe it's because he's seen the bloodshed (and participated in it).

Ron has total control over whether or not he chooses to post anything. If he doesn't want to get "dragged into" a discussion, he doesn't have to.

So a story in the Bible is true because the Bible says it's true? It would literally be impossible to fit two of every species on Earth on a boat the size of the Ark, not to mention all the different foods that the different species require. Plus, how would you keep the carnivores from eating all the other species? Just say, "Oh well, one less species"?

That would explain what happened to the unicorns...:rolleyes

Lisa, when I was thanking everyone I forgot to thank you! You've been a little quiet the past day or so and I forgot how much your posts have meant to me. You seem to be such a darling, loving, sensible person. I wish I were as level-headed and sweet as you seem to be.

Yana: The majority of the people posting here do not agree with the people-bashing, finger-pointing, haughty, condescending, preachey posts of one or two of the other people here. That the president of the United States agrees with some of what they have said is an embarrassment to many, many Americans. We are a country that is struggling to find our way right now. We will hopefully return to standing for what most Americans believe in: love, peace, prosperity and sharing.

Lisa, when I was thanking everyone I forgot to thank you! You've been a little quiet the past day or so and I forgot how much your posts have meant to me. You seem to be such a darling, loving, sensible person. I wish I were as level-headed and sweet as you seem to be.

No problem, and thank you so much! Yeah, I have been reading and thinking more the last few days.

Oh, and that pesky real-life thing is butting in on forum time. The nursing facility we have my FIL in had some problems in it's state inspection, and right now is on probation. So we are looking at other places for him.

Yana: The majority of the people posting here do not agree with the people-bashing, finger-pointing, haughty, condescending, preachey posts of one or two of the other people here. That the president of the United States agrees with some of what they have said is an embarrassment to many, many Americans. We are a country that is struggling to find our way right now. We will hopefully return to standing for what most Americans believe in: love, peace, prosperity and sharing.

:clap2: :clap2:

"the president of the United States agrees with some of what they have said is an embarrassment to many, many Americans" - What a patriotic American!!! You seem to forget that the majority of Americans voted him into office and still support him!

Oh gosh Lisa. My heart goes out to you. I hope you're able to find your FIL a good place very quickly.

My MIL was recently dropped, TWICE, at the nursing facility she's in for rehab from a stroke. Fortunately she is able to communicate normally or we probably would have never known it happened and known to have her checked out for injuries.

I just thought I would throw this out there:

If you need the Bible to be a Christian, you aren't a very good Christian, IMO. True Christianity is about faith in God, believing that Jesus is your savior, helping the less fortunate, and loving your fellow man (no matter what his beliefs or actions are). If you can't do that without a Bible in your hand, that says a lot about where your true priorities lie as a Christian. Your Christianity becomes more of a self-serving devise at that point, instead of a faith and will to help others. Somehow, I doubt God and Jesus would approve.

You seem to forget that the majority of Americans voted him into office and still support him!
Actually, the majority doesn't still support him. His approval rating is very low, in the 30s the last time I saw them. Plus, you can't forget that the majority of Americans voted in the Democrats to Congress, which is another signal that the Republican President is on shaky ground.

It is obvious that what I have had to say is not being received here, and my time is very limited. Therefore, I am not going to spend nearly as much time posting here as I have previously. I am not leaving the board and will be reading the posts, I am just not going to continue this endless debate with some who are so close minded to the truth.

I feel like I have been trying to describe the sunset ot a blind man. No matter what, the blind man just can't see. Not wanting to see is another matter. I have allowed myself to become fustrated by a few who are outright hypocrits and offer nothing by endless opinion unsubstanciated except by only their own ego's. I have also read some great, sincere discussions by some who had real great ideas and are willing to consider ideas with an open mind and heart.

As I said, I will still be around, will occasionally jump in with a post or two, but I am going to stop beating this dead horse and I need to put my time to better use.

I am too busy to write this myself so I thought I would just copy and paste Ron's post and make a few changes. It would appear that it works from my perspective as well all though I am directing it back in the other direction.

TommyO

"the president of the United States agrees with some of what they have said is an embarrassment to many, many Americans" - What a patriotic American!!! You seem to forget that the majority of Americans voted him into office and still support him!

Actually, his approval rating hovers around 30-35% at this point. Bush got 51% of the popular vote, so while it was indeed a majority, there werew many who didn't vote for him.

So, critizing the president makes one un-patriotic?

Oh gosh Lisa. My heart goes out to you. I hope you're able to find your FIL a good place very quickly.

My MIL was recently dropped, TWICE, at the nursing facility she's in for rehab from a stroke. Fortunately she is able to communicate normally or we probably would have never known it happened and known to have her checked out for injuries.

Thanks. We have a couple of options. One is leaving him where he is, unless they close it down, but I'm not comfortable with that one, I don't trust the care.

It's hard, like we discussed on another thread here.

You seem to forget that the majority of Americans voted him into office and still support him!

Not me....I think he's the Anti-Christ.

(That's a joke, for the benefit of those who take themselves way too seriously.)