Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I just want to say that I walked 4 1/2 miles today, went to Mass, and still got in a ton of LBT time.

But I didn't get my dogs bathed, or my carpets shampooed.

Guess we know where my priorities are, don't we?

I just want to say that I walked 4 1/2 miles today, went to Mass, and still got in a ton of LBT time.

She who walks 4 and a half miles today

Will live to wash her doggies another day.........:clap2: eh :)

Forgive an old man for a spelling mistake. I am apparently not perfect like you!

No, but I've heard of PLENARY indulgences. For someone who wants to debate Catholicism, you sure don't know much about it.

I wrote a 2-page article for my column in a Christian Newspaper, spent considerable time in the scriptures and got plenty of other things done as well. Guess where my priorities are?

Doctrinal differences can make the difference between Heaven and Hell. The are not just "outward frills"! You are so concerned about liberal social issues that you are losing site of what is most important, you salvation on Gods terms, not yours.

Why should this really matter to you, Cusano, or to your Christian God? These are only outward frills which vary from sect to sect but the basic demands of the Christian faith are the same: faith in the Trinity and an attempt to live a life that is marked by a sustained attempt to practice good works towards those who are often the least loveable.

Remember that Jesus did hang out with the working class and with prostitutes. Today these individuals might be those who are out of work and on welfare and receiving food stamps. Some of them might be Black or Hispanic. Some of them might be dealing with drug problems.

Do you really think these doctrinal differences actually matter to God or to Jesus or to the Holy Spirit, assuming that this triumvirate actually exists?

Lay off the Catholics! A good Catholic is a good Christian, I would suspect, for the demands of a good Christian are belief and the practice of good works.

Well, there is whare you are so wrong! Through Jesus, our mediator, we have direct access to the Father, in the name of the Son through prayer. And we are "our brothers keeper" and have an obligation to preach the Gospel to all people so they have a chance at real redemption for their souls. There are so many who are blind to the only way to have redemption, and without knowing the truth, they are condemned.

I absolutely want to make it okay for "everyone to do it their own way". It's their immortal soul. They get to choose how they handle its redemption. And they deserve my respect. Because I am a sinner, too. Because I don't have God's ear, any more than they do....any more than you do.

You have found plenty of time to "scream" about how my preaching troubles you, find fault with my spelling, and complaining about me personally, but you can't seen to find time to reply to all the answers I gave to your questions about real issues that effect your salvation. That is very interesting. Have you ever considered that maybe the Bible is correct? Can you have an open mind, and at least consider that what you have been taught and what Jesus taught may be at odds with each other? You asked, "why do I care"! Because I don't wnat a single soul to go to Hell because I didn't do everything I could to give them the truth. That's why I care.

For one, Aunt Tille is alive, and St. Theresa is dead! Only Jesus can make intercession for us to the Father.

Why is Saint Teresa dead. Do you not believe in eternal life?

Why can't Saint Teresa pray for someone during her eternal life in Heaven?

Who says that Saint Teresa is not praying to Jesus?

Is not Jesus God?

Saint Theresa and all believers are with the Lord (to be absent from the bodt is to be present with the Lord) and is alive in Heaven, but her body is dead until the resurrection.

There is absolutely nothing in scripture to even suggest that the dead can communicate with us or make intercession for us. Quite the contrary! In the parable about Lazarus the rich man who is in Hell, watching his brothers on Earth. He wishes that he could communicate with them to tell tham what lies ahed, but the gap cannot be breeched. The Bible say's there is only one mediator between man and the Father, and that is Jesus alone. Prayers to anyone else, including Mary, and the saints, are to no avail.

When the apostles asked Jesus how to pray, He gave the the example of what you call "The Our Father" or what others refer to as "The Lord's Paryer". The prayer is to the Father!! In many other areas of the New Testament, we are told that whatever we ask of the Father, we ask in the name of Jesus. So prayer is to be to the Father in the name of Jesus, through whom we have access to the throne of grace.

Why is Saint Teresa dead. Do you not believe in eternal life?

Why can't Saint Teresa pray for someone during her eternal life in Heaven?

Who says that Saint Teresa is not praying to Jesus?

Is not Jesus God?

Saint Theresa and all believers are with the Lord (to be absent from the bodt is to be present with the Lord) and is alive in Heaven, but her body is dead until the resurrection.

There is absolutely nothing in scripture to even suggest that the dead can communicate with us or make intercession for us. Quite the contrary! In the parable about Lazarus the rich man who is in Hell, watching his brothers on Earth. He wishes that he could communicate with them to tell tham what lies ahed, but the gap cannot be breeched. The Bible say's there is only one mediator between man and the Father, and that is Jesus alone. Prayers to anyone else, including Mary, and the saints, are to no avail.

When the apostles asked Jesus how to pray, He gave the the example of what you call "The Our Father" or what others refer to as "The Lord's Paryer". The prayer is to the Father!! In many other areas of the New Testament, we are told that whatever we ask of the Father, we ask in the name of Jesus. So prayer is to be to the Father in the name of Jesus, through whom we have access to the throne of grace.

Who said that people were praying to the dead bodies of Mary (the Mother) or Saint Teresa? They would be praying to the souls of Mary and Saint Teresa in Heaven to intercede with the Father.

So is the "Our Father" the only prayer allowed?

I have asked Jesus to help me understand him. Should I have asked God to help me understand his wishes and then mentioned the name of Jesus in a name dropping sort of way?

You know Ron, IMHO, you do not give God enough credit for intelligence. I firmly believe that God is much bigger than these small minded arguments and that he looks at intention more than form.

I had a argument with my wife once. I asked her "In which case would you be more angry? If you were sitting in the movies and a man came in and took a shot at you, but missed or if a lady sitting down the row from you in the movies, while attempting to pass you on the way to the rest-room, stepped on and broke your toe? Who would you be more angry at?

I am sure if God was at the movies, he would strike the shooter cold, but would forgive the women.

Your explanations say to me, that the women would be in equal or more trouble with God. Neither person did it right.

TOM

PS: Tina said that she would be angrier at the women.

Have you ever heard of 'Clinerary Indulgences"?? These were deals where for a certain amount of money, you could buy someone out of Purgatory!

Ron, this is such a tired old horse you insist on whipping.

First of all, an indulgence cannot purchase the pardon of a soul, nor can it secure salvation. Pope Pius V, in 1567, forbid the attachment of an indulgence to any financial act. And it remains so today. So you were not taught as a child that money could ransom a soul from Purgatory.

Secondly, the doctrine of indulgences (supported, by the way, in scripture, if one reads 2 Maccabees) was instrumental in Luther's 95 theses. In 1517 Pope Leo X offered indulgences for those who gave alms to rebuild St. Peter's Basilica. This was a very bad idea on the part of Leo X and did, indeed, seem like the church was selling salvation. It was not any worse, however, than Jim Baker's defrauding of his flock by over-selling shares in his Heritage USA theme park. It was no more ill-advised than Oral Roberts ridiculous plea for eight million dollars or God would call him home. Men are mortals and they sometimes do wrong things. If that were an indictment of the church, then there would be no churches left.

There is absolutely nothing in scripture to even suggest that the dead can communicate with us or make intercession for us.

The Book of Revelation...Chapter 5

6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. 7 And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. 8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

10 “You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”

Ron, I know you get mightly offended when anyone mentions your misspelled words (no one seems to mention some of your major grammatical errors), but we sincerely want to read what you have to say. It is sometimes very difficult to wade through one of your posts, possibly because you don't have a lot of time and can't re-read what you've typed before you post it. But we really aren't out to get you. It is awfully hard to be sure that we understand what you are saying. It shouldn't be surprising that we need a clarafication from time to time. Please bear with us.

Amen? Or is this at a bad time?

Thanks....it's a GREAT time! Just got back from a quick one mile walk with the Schnauzer. He's high energy and prone to weight gain.

It's a beautiful 54 degrees in D/FW. Hope it's as nice where you are!

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad!