Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Deciding what is right, wrong, abominal or otherwise, has to be based upon some moral standard. The laws in the country, thank God, were and hopefully still are based upon Judeo-Christian ethics and morals. That is not forcing religion on anyone, that is imposing a code of moral behaviour on people, without which you could not have peace or order. There is a big difference. Can you suggest another moral foundation that YOU would rather see laws based upon??

I've posted SEVERAL times what I think laws should be based on. And why I don't think same-sex marriage is one of those things.

As Christians, we are to apply God's law and commandments into everything that we do, thing, say and are! Again, I am at work without a Bible handy, but if you know you scriptures, you can find hundreds of verses that tell you the same thing.,

So, once again I have to ask where in the Bible I am commanded to make God's laws into the law of the land I live in?

They was living and practicing a lifestyle that God calls an abomination. They wanted to seduce angels from God and use them for homosexual sex. You don't thing that homosexuality "had a bad effect on that society??”

Ah, but we were talking about what things in particular you say led to the downfall of Sodom. You originally said "If you remember your scriptures, you will recall that this was the very lifestyle that cause the downfall of Sodom. Do you think homosexuality had a bad effect on that society??”

That is not supported by scripture.

Forget what you think! Forget what I think! What does God think?? If Paul, Peter and John were living with us today and someone was trying to pass a law allowing homosexual marriage, how do you think they would vote??

I've posted SEVERAL times what I think laws should be based on. And why I don't think same-sex marriage is one of those things.

As Christians, we are to apply God's law and commandments into everything that we do, thing, say and are! Again, I am at work without a Bible handy, but if you know you scriptures, you can find hundreds of verses that tell you the same thing.,

Feel free to post the scriptures when you find them.

Gladly! Meanwhile, whay don't you check the Bible yourseld to see what it says on applying the Word of God to every aspect of your life?

Feel free to post the scriptures when you find them.

Gladly! Meanwhile, whay don't you check the Bible yourseld to see what it says on applying the Word of God to every aspect of your life?

Because I'm secure in my faith and how I live it. You made an accusation along the lines that I'm not following the Bible. Therefore, I think it's up to you to back it up.

Hum, what about us Christian liberals here?

The sad thing is that I consider myself a conservative Christian and I am still not Christian enough for Ron, so don't feel bad. I am just glad I have to answer to God the Father rather than god Ron.

Forget what you think! Forget what I think! What does God think?? If Paul, Peter and John were living with us today and someone was trying to pass a law allowing homosexual marriage, how do you think they would vote??
Paul, Peter and John are not Jesus Christ.

I am at work without a Bible handy, but if you know you scriptures, you can find hundreds of verses that tell you the same thing.,
I hope you are working at a company that you own, because if you are working for an employer, you are stealing his time (='s money) by posting here at LBT.

You certainly don't have to answer to me about anything. Let me ask you a question! You said last week that if you had to vote about same sex marriage you would abstain. How do you think Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, James, Moses or any of the men of God in scripture would have answered that question?

The sad thing is that I consider myself a conservative Christian and I am still not Christian enough for Ron, so don't feel bad. I am just glad I have to answer to God the Father rather than god Ron.

They did, after all, write most of the New Testament, did they not. So, how would Jesus have answered that?

Paul, Peter and John are not Jesus Christ.

Our obligation does not stop at the ballot box. We need to vote our conscience, and if our conscience is opposed to sin, we need to vote that way.
If everything were Black and White, life would be so easy.

In the vast majority of elections, one candidate is against same sex unions and against abortion, while the other candidate is for same sex unions and pro-choice.

That would make it simple. However, the candidate who is against same sex unions and against abortion, is invariably also for cutting food stamps for the poor and Medicaid (medical care for the poor), and for giving tax cuts for the rich (who have less of a chance of entering the Kingdom of Heaven than a dromedary has to pass through the eye of a needle), while the pro-choice, pro-Gay-rights candidate is for helping the poor with food stamps and medical insurance.

Jesus Christ spent much of his time helping the poor and infirm. So which is the greater good and which fulfills the wishes of Jesus to a larger extent, stopping abortion and gay unions or helping the poor?

I will not even get into the support of killing innocent Muslim civilians in Iraq or the killing of innocent people in US prisons who were too poor to hire a decent attorney by the anti-abortion, anti-gay-rights candidates. Well, too much into.

And in reading your post, I realize something that's been in the back of my mind. Ron talks about not standing up for what I believe, not following my conscience. He misses the point that that is exactly what I am doing. But it's mine, not his that I follow.

I, for one, will not vote for any canidate that has taken a position in favor of anything I consider to be against by spiritual and moral beliefs. Being right on some points does not offset being on the wrong side of the fence on other inportant moral issues.

Yes, Jesus healed the sick and did many miracles and wonderful things, all in fulfillment of prophecy to establish His messianiac credentials. Although he cares about all of our suffering, that was not the specific reason for his actions during the 3 1/2 years of his public ministry.

And all of the other things that you mentioned ate terrible social issues, but supporting immoral laws isn't going to fix them.

If everything were Black and White, life would be so easy.

In the vast majority of elections, one candidate is against same sex unions and against abortion, while the other candidate is for same sex unions and pro-choice.

That would make it simple. However, the candidate who is against same sex unions and against abortion, is invariably also for cutting food stamps for the poor and Medicaid (medical care for the poor), and for giving tax cuts for the rich (who have less of a chance of entering the Kingdom of Heaven than a dromedary has to pass through the eye of a needle), while the pro-choice, pro-Gay-rights candidate is for helping the poor with food stamps and medical insurance.

Jesus Christ spent much of his time helping the poor and infirm. So which is the greater good and which fulfills the wishes of Jesus to a larger extent, stopping abortion and gay unions or helping the poor?

I will not even get into the support of killing innocent Muslim civilians in Iraq or the killing of innocent people in US prisons who were too poor to hire a decent attorney by the anti-abortion, anti-gay-rights candidates. Well, too much into.