Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I see your true colours shining through, man you really put the mental in fundamentalist Christian.

Like I said before don't let your hate rule you, learn to love your fellow man. We are all flawed but we must try and become better people. I implore you to think about what you are doing and try to see the error of your ways. Only then can you hope to become a good person, someone who in the end can feel confident they have lived a life worth living,

Laurend, you forgot stage 4. That's the "how pathetic", "low blow", "would have expected better", "is that the best you got", etc. stage. We'll refer to this as the "I'm rubber, you're glue" period. Remember that one? We've been there a time or two, as well. Wait - "darling" or some other equally creepy remark should be coming pretty soon (but don't rebutt it or you'll be a hypocrite), and then comes the "My faith is being attacked but I won't apologize for my beliefs !!" stage.

Come on Ron Cusano, can't you address what was said? You made an absolutely wrong statement about atheists, and "how pathetic, true to form" is your response? What question does that answer? What's pathetic is being wrong, but being so unwilling to admit it that you have to try and throw around your cliche insults to redirect the attention.

Can't you answer the question? In case you conveniently didn't see it, I'll repost:

BTW, my parents are christians. And I certainly don't hate them. [...] Do you actually believe [...] That atheists hate christians? Atheists hate most of the country's population?

You're willing to make the claim. But do you really believe what you're saying?

Tommy - excellent point.

Dipping you in chocolate and putting you on a sundae would do the sundae any good!:)
Really, you insult others' ability to "come up with good ones"? :funnypost:

By the way, if you're going to try to insult someone, at least type the insult correctly. Don't type something that supports what they're saying.

You want to play on samantics. You are your shadow are real pieces of work! You just love to provoke. Enjoy yourselves. I am getting a good laugh out of all your ranting!

Laurend, you forgot stage 4. That's the "how pathetic", "low blow", "would have expected better", "is that the best you got", etc. stage. We'll refer to this as the "I'm rubber, you're glue" period. Remember that one? We've been there a time or two, as well. Wait - "darling" or some other equally creepy remark should be coming pretty soon (but don't rebutt it or you'll be a hypocrite), and then comes the "My faith is being attacked but I won't apologize for my beliefs !!" stage.

Come on Ron Cusano, can't you address what was said? You made an absolutely wrong statement about atheists, and "how pathetic, true to form" is your response? What question does that answer? What's pathetic is being wrong, but being so unwilling to admit it that you have to try and throw around your cliche insults to redirect the attention.

Can't you answer the question? In case you conveniently didn't see it, I'll repost:

BTW, my parents are christians. And I certainly don't hate them. [...] Do you actually believe [...] That atheists hate christians? Atheists hate most of the country's population?

You're willing to make the claim. But do you really believe what you're saying?

Tommy - excellent point.

Allow me to ask again, for the third time.

You said atheists hate god, and when I proved you wrong you said I was "nit-picking". So then you changed it to atheists hate christians. So my question is now:

Come on, surely you don't believe that it's a matter of "samantics" when you say atheists hate christians. That's pretty black and white, so if what you're saying is true, then clarify.

Don't ignore the question Ron Cusano. Selective responding...tsk tsk.

You are your shadow are real pieces of work!
I am my shadow? What does that even mean?

Maybe "hate" is not the right word. Maybe I shoue have said athiests "abhor" Christians and the very thought that there could be a God. Just so you don't twist this around also, this is a general statement, and there may be exclusions, as with the example of your parents. As a general rule, athiests that I have come across display the same distain for God and Christians that you have shown on this thread.

Allow me to ask again, for the third time.

You said atheists hate god, and when I proved you wrong you said I was "nit-picking". So then you changed it to atheists hate christians. So my question is now:

Come on, surely you don't believe that it's a matter of "samantics" when you say atheists hate christians. That's pretty black and white, so if what you're saying is true, then clarify.

Don't ignore the question Ron Cusano. Selective responding...tsk tsk.

I've shown disdain for you, "Ron Cusano", not your christianity. I doubt any other christian I've actually had conversations with here have ever been made to feel inferior. That's because I have no judgement for their lives or what they choose to believe -- that's completely up to them. But I do have judgement for how anyone treats anyone else. Which is why I have disdain for you. It wouldn't matter if you were a Buddhist or Wiccan or Satanist or Nihilist... when you treat people the way you have (internet qualifier as a given), you have to expect that not everyone thinks you're a nice guy. (Yeah, that's prophesized, we know, you've already told us 14 times... and no, no one is expecting you to comrpomise your beliefs !! or apologize for believing what you do !! because, again, the element of christianity could be completely removed, and you'd still be the same Ron Cusano)

You said atheists hate god, then back tracked and said atheists hate christians, then back tracked again and said "should have said" atheists abhor christians, and are now saying that, generically, atheists display disain for god and christians.

Is that "twisting" what you've said, or is that pretty accurate?

Let's just say that the distain is mutual! You seem to delight in picking apart every phrase or comment looking for something to rag about. If you are feeling inferior, it's not because I make you feel that way. Maybe it has something to do your YOU! I am on several other boards and threads, involved in support group meetins and a host of other things where I interact with other people and even discuss faith, and I get along great with everyone. Yeah, they even think I'm a nice guy! The only place there seems to be a problem is in this venue, primarliy with you and Wheetsin. I find it very difficult to function in a heathenistic, athiest environment, where God isn't a priority. You say you don't have a problem with my beliefs, but that is a lie from the pit of Hell. You take every opportunity to throw in the little digs, such as "Yeah, that's prophesized, we know"! Do you have the capacity to be honest and admit the distain you have toward God (Yeah, I know, you can't have distain if you don't believe if God). Nice cop out!

I've shown disdain for you, "Ron Cusano", not your christianity. I doubt any other christian I've actually had conversations with here have ever been made to feel inferior. That's because I have no judgement for their lives or what they choose to believe -- that's completely up to them. But I do have judgement for how anyone treats anyone else. Which is why I have disdain for you. It wouldn't matter if you were a Buddhist or Wiccan or Satanist or Nihilist... when you treat people the way you have (internet qualifier as a given), you have to expect that not everyone thinks you're a nice guy. (Yeah, that's prophesized, we know, you've already told us 14 times... and no, no one is expecting you to comrpomise your beliefs !! or apologize for believing what you do !! because, again, the element of christianity could be completely removed, and you'd still be the same Ron Cusano)

You said atheists hate god, then back tracked and said atheists hate christians, then back tracked again and said "should have said" atheists abhor christians, and are now saying that, generically, atheists display disain for god and christians.

Let me ask again, for the second time:

(BTW,, not picking it apart, you're words are there. And if they aren't, correct me. That's why I'm asking the question...)

Is "atheists can't have disdain for god because they don't believe in god" more of a cop out than "that doesn't even deserve a reply !!"?

Do you have the capacity to be honest and admit the distain you have toward God (Yeah, I know, you can't have distain if you don't believe if God). Nice cop out!

Sure I have the capacity. But your logic follows the same lines of the Salem witch trials.

1. Admit you have disdain, even if you don't have it, and be labeled as a "disdainer".
  2. Deny that you have disdain, which you don't have, and be labeled as "unable to tell the truth".

So which is the best route to take? You've already made up your mind, and either I'm disdainful, or I'm lying. So per your own logic, is there a door #3? Becuse you're only presenting two possible outcomes.

I find it very difficult to function in a heathenistic, athiest environment, where God isn't a priority. You say you don't have a problem with my beliefs, but that is a lie from the pit of Hell.

So you find it difficult to function. Is that how you're explaining your own wrongs? So rather than "I'm wrong", it's "I can't function because there are atheists and heathens here"?

No, I'm not twisting what you're saying, I'm asking. And if that's wrong, please clarify.

So now I tell lies from the pit of hell? What exactly does that mean? Are those like -- uber lies? Am I being influenced by Satan?

And you probably aren't going to believe this anyway, but what you consider "digs" I consider - showing how predictable you are. When we respond (in a way other than what you'd prefer) to our comments, it's happening because Jesus prophesized it. When ou're backed into a corner, all of a sudden we're attacking your faith. It's been that wa since... oh, probably page 3 or 4 of this thread.. but I'd have to go back and check to be sure. It's simply a matter of making a much better window than a door.

My pologies for the many posts. There was a lot there, and I should have consolidated. My bad.

Still wondering what "you are your shadow" means, Ron Cusano.

That's either silly, or very profound. Kind of like, wherever you go, there you are.

I find it very difficult to function in a heathenistic, athiest environment, where God isn't a priority. You say you don't have a problem with my beliefs, but that is a lie from the pit of Hell. You take every opportunity to throw in the little digs, such as "Yeah, that's prophesized, we know"! Do you have the capacity to be honest and admit the distain you have toward God (Yeah, I know, you can't have distain if you don't believe if God). Nice cop out!

Well, it does sound from the above remarks that you would have a difficult time living in a pluralistic society, that a theocracy is really what you wish to see in place in your country, nicht war?