Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Ok guys. I'm out of Disaronno (I just bought the little bottle, it only made 3 drinks), and I'm out of sour mix. But I do have some generic amaretto and Crystal Light lemonade. Think it will work the same? There's plenty of bear, my dad's homebrew actually - stout - but... yuck...

Ok guys. I'm out of Disaronno (I just bought the little bottle, it only made 3 drinks), and I'm out of sour mix. But I do have some generic amaretto and Crystal Light lemonade. Think it will work the same? There's plenty of bear, my dad's homebrew actually - stout - but... yuck...

Amaretto goes down quite well all alone. Or, if you want it to taste like a Tootsi Roll add just a splash of OJ. Mmmmmmm

There is certainly nothing to indicate that!

When my kids were very young I would at times answer some of there more complicated questions with less than complicated answers because I new that their young minds could not comprehend the real answer. Parents often do this so as not to confuse their children. Is it not possble that God in an attempt to answer very complicated questions created simple answers for a simple audience. So 6000 years ago when asked about how the world was created he told a story about how in 7 days he created days and everyone said okay, makes sense to me.

Then maybe he thought, I know it's silly but someday they'll figure it out and that's why he gave us brains.

Which came first?? Two wrong don't make a right but there was provoking.

You did a few minutes ago, but not in the rest of the posts you've made in this thread. You've accused us several times of attacking the conservative Christian, yet you never mentioned the attacks the conservative Christians made against us.

I seem to remember her saying we were all at fault, which includes me. I also owned up to it and apoligized for it. I don't recall anyone else doing so, unless i happened to miss the posts!

But you seem to be scolding only us, and not Ron. This would come across as true if you had ever said a word against him. Every single time that I have seen you jump into this thread, you've scolded us for attacking Ron, but you've never scolded Ron for attacking us.

To share the Gospel with a Jew is not anti-semitic at all. If it were then all the writers of the New Testament would be anti-Semitic, since being Jews themselves, they all went all over the known world to tell other Jews of this great news. The Gospel is offered freely to all men. It is not a matter of coercion. It is a free gift, to be received gratefully to all who wish it. I wish I could explain these things without causing anger or distress. It is so precious to me that I want to share the wonder of it all with any who care to hear. But if they don't, well then, I will leave the conversation graciously. I used to be such a bitter, fervent christian-hater.....till God took me to the limit of myself and I hit the bottom. Oh happy day when my load was lifted and the Lord adopted me as His child!

Susan

Susan...

The criticism was regarding the practice of targeting Jews, as a group, for conversion. That's not the same thing as "spreading the Gospel".

I am actually quite surprised that this whole thread hasn't been locked because of the blatant personal attacks that are going on. Not that I ever thought locking a thread could be successful when it could just be opened up again in a new thread, but I've seen threads locked for less.

And you don't think Ron precipitated any of that unpleasantness? He told everyone who disagreed with him that we were going to hell. He called anyone who has divorced and remarried (except for adultery) an adulterer.

Ron is not the fat kid in third grade. He is an adult. No one was "picking on him". We made a lot of jokes and some of them may have been at Ron's expense, but at least they were obvious and genuine attempts at humor. Ron's style is to take cheap shots at anyone who does not embrace his version of scripture. He is not a missionary....he is a horrible reminder of how NOT to spread the good news of the Lord.

The reason there are groups that focus on bringing the Gospel to the Jews is because they have been so percecuted in the name of Christ by the church that they will rarely set foot inside a Gentile church to hear the truth. Messianiac ministries bring the Good News about the Jewish Messiah in a Jewish manner in non-church venues so as not to unduly offend them. Whe show them the Messiah in the Hebrew scriptures and the Feasts of Israel, such as the Passover. The church has missionary groups that do exactly the same thing to peoples from every country on the face of the Earth, but because our mission field are the Jews, you think it's anti-semetic?? It is anything but. It a godly act of love!

Susan...

The criticism was regarding the practice of targeting Jews, as a group, for conversion. That's not the same thing as "spreading the Gospel".

Did you know that when my cousin and her husband were missionaries in Israel many years ago and ran a Christian Church there, they were forbidden to try to convert Jews? They worked with and taught Arab children. That was a Southern Baptist missionary school they ran. I guess maybe the Southern Baptists got ticked off and took matters into their own hands right here in the U.S. of A.

Basically I think the whole bible needs to be taken in the context of the times and the state of the world when it was written.

The world was small.

People thought you could fall off the edge of the earth

When the americas were discovered, it was well after the time of Christ.

The story of Noah I do believe it was true. In context.

The writters of the story of Noah didnt know how much of the world there was. I think it was "their" whole world, not what we know to be the whole world now. I dont think it was every land mammal, just those in the middle east, where Noah lived.

We keep hearing, "context, context", the problem is that everyone has a different "context" that can be applied.

Sigh, here i am beating the :deadhorse: again.

I don't know if it was an isolated thing or a decision from the church they belonged to, but I know for a fact that is not the case in general. I am in touch with several missionaries in Israel, including groups run by other Believeing Jews reaching out to their own people, with no government interference. I do0n't know what you are talking about with the remark about the Southern Baptists. Please clarify it!

Did you know that when my cousin and her husband were missionaries in Israel many years ago and ran a Christian Church there, they were forbidden to try to convert Jews? They worked with and taught Arab children. That was a Southern Baptist missionary school they ran. I guess maybe the Southern Baptists got ticked off and took matters into their own hands right here in the U.S. of A.

Context is important when the is a clear indication the passage was never meant to be taken literally. That is not the case with the Noah account. There is also no other clear meaning evident, just a lot of "I think", I don't think's"! Even when the context indicates there is another meaning, that meaning is always found in scripture, and never with comjecture and guess work.

Basically I think the whole bible needs to be taken in the context of the times and the state of the world when it was written.

The world was small.

People thought you could fall off the edge of the earth

When the americas were discovered, it was well after the time of Christ.

The story of Noah I do believe it was true. In context.

The writters of the story of Noah didnt know how much of the world there was. I think it was "their" whole world, not what we know to be the whole world now. I dont think it was every land mammal, just those in the middle east, where Noah lived.

We keep hearing, "context, context", the problem is that everyone has a different "context" that can be applied.

Sigh, here i am beating the :deadhorse: again.

Ron, if you are insinuating that I made up the story about my cousin and her husband you are completely utterly wrong.

It was not, however, yesterday. It was 30 years ago. They are back in the U.S. and have their own huge, beautiful church in Cincinnati. They not only spent time in Israel (a really long time, both of their children were born there), but they also spent a lot of time all over the Middle East. They could teach you so much about all of the people in that region. They started out their ministry sounding a whole lot like you. They have learned so much more about God, Jesus and the people of the world, they no longer rant, rave and scream in people's faces to get the word across. They have seen too much pain and suffering to waste any more of their time on earth treating people badly in the name of God.

At any rate, I honestly do not care what you believe. You have no credibility with me as I obviously do not with you. It's okay. Live and let live. Love and get love in return.