Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

To share the Gospel with a Jew is not anti-semitic at all. If it were then all the writers of the New Testament would be anti-Semitic, since being Jews themselves, they all went all over the known world to tell other Jews of this great news. The Gospel is offered freely to all men. It is not a matter of coercion. It is a free gift, to be received gratefully to all who wish it. I wish I could explain these things without causing anger or distress. It is so precious to me that I want to share the wonder of it all with any who care to hear. But if they don't, well then, I will leave the conversation graciously. I used to be such a bitter, fervent christian-hater.....till God took me to the limit of myself and I hit the bottom. Oh happy day when my load was lifted and the Lord adopted me as His child!

Susan

Can I assist you in learning the "Holy Qur'an"? I will be glad to teach you the interpretations that I find most persuasive for teaching you the one true religion of our time.

Just PM me and we can set up times for your gift from me to you.

Or maybe from Allah, through me to you.

Does anyone know what a sine wave is?
Some sort of sound wave, isn't it? That's about all I remember from the college physics class I took and failed.

For what it's worth, I apoligize for flying off the handle a few times. When I get into it with several people at the same time, and the digs and insults and sarcasm start coming at me, I have a hard time not responding in kind.
Thank you for apologizing. The thing is, Ron, sometimes you were attacking people that were simply giving honest answers, not being sarcastic or making digs at you. Of course, this led to more conflict, because if you are going to be attacked for being honest and sincere, you might as well get attacked for doing something worth being attacked for. And so it became a nasty cycle.

Hi Susan,

I have been in messianiac minsitry for over 30 years sharing the Gospel with Jews, and I can tell you first hand about the joy they receive when the first realize that Jesus if the Messiah they have waited for. That is why so many of them refer to themselves as completed Jews. Please check out my ministry website at: www.shiloh-ministries.org.

Ron

To share the Gospel with a Jew is not anti-semitic at all. If it were then all the writers of the New Testament would be anti-Semitic, since being Jews themselves, they all went all over the known world to tell other Jews of this great news. The Gospel is offered freely to all men. It is not a matter of coercion. It is a free gift, to be received gratefully to all who wish it. I wish I could explain these things without causing anger or distress. It is so precious to me that I want to share the wonder of it all with any who care to hear. But if they don't, well then, I will leave the conversation graciously. I used to be such a bitter, fervent christian-hater.....till God took me to the limit of myself and I hit the bottom. Oh happy day when my load was lifted and the Lord adopted me as His child!

Susan

Some sort of sound wave, isn't it? That's about all I remember from the college physics class I took and failed.
Notice the repeating highs and lows.Image:Sine_Cosine_Graph.png

post-208361-13813134664066_thumb.png

Tired Old Man,

If a muslim wanted to share his faith with me, I would be very interested in a civil discussion. I have had these conversations many times while living in muslim countries. We would each, of course, be committed to the truth of our own beliefs but that doesn't preclude civil conversation.

Susan

Tired Old Man,

If a muslim wanted to share his faith with me, I would be very interested in a civil discussion. I have had these conversations many times while living in muslim countries. We would each, of course, be committed to the truth of our own beliefs but that doesn't preclude civil conversation.

Susan

But how about when it is done for the express purpose of converting you?

And without you asking?

Yes, but if he was serious and very persistant about converting you, always implying that your faith wasn't good enough, wouldn't you see that as an attack on your faith?

I was not aware that I was giving it back to anyone that did not throw it first! If I actually did that, it was wrong and I do apoligize. I felt like I was in the midst of a feeding frenzy of sharks, and I know as sure as I am alive, that so much of what was being said was pure lies and misinformation. I know my views about the Bible are not popular here, nevertheless, I believe them to be true, and for that, I make no apoligy.

Thank you for apologizing. The thing is, Ron, sometimes you were attacking people that were simply giving honest answers, not being sarcastic or making digs at you. Of course, this led to more conflict, because if you are going to be attacked for being honest and sincere, you might as well get attacked for doing something worth being attacked for. And so it became a nasty cycle.

that so much of what was being said was pure lies and misinformation.
Then you concede that could have occured on your side too?

Yes, but if he was serious and very persistant about converting you, always implying that your faith wasn't good enough, wouldn't you see that as an attack on your faith?

But Laurend, it is not a matter of one's faith not being good enough, it's a matter of which one is true? And of course many folks of different faiths will try to convert me, out of good intentions, and I respect that. But it all gets back to "Who ya gonna follow?" People seem to have lost the idea of the meaning of tolerance. It's not believing that "every religion is equally true" but true tolerance is allowing that person to hold whatever belief he chooses, whether I agree with it or not. Wow, this is great and I want to stay and chat but I have a vet appt for my pup so I have to go. Have a nice evening all!

Susan

Absolutely not. I can and have backed up everything I have said.

Then you concede that could have occured on your side too?

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I will answer. Hope thats ok. :) I would welcome the discussion and would not be offended. I would expect nothing less than them trying to convert me if they were true to their beleifs. If you beleive strognly in your faith, I don't see why you would not want everyone to experience the same wonderful experiences you have. I would do the same in return. I have always said that I admire the faith and didication that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses have. I am opposed to their beleifs, but have great admiration for them. I have told many that I wish people in my own faith could only have that kind of dedication dedication.