Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Actually F the miniskirt. It's my one year band anniversary. You should be so lucky as to buy me a beer. (Or at least an amaretto sour, since I really can't stand beer)

Happy One year bandiversary! You have done so well. Very happy for you :)

As a matter of fact in just over a week I will be parking my ass (I would say big fat ass but the truth is from the waist down I'm pretty taut) on the beach at Anna Maria Florida.
You are SO lucky. I LOVE Anna Maria Island. Go have some food at Bones for me, please! :clap2:

Have you ever been to Mote Aquarium or Pelican Man's Bird Sanctuary in Sarasota? If you haven't, you should go. They are both pretty good. Oh, and go to the Ringling Art Museum (also in Sarasota) and tell me how it was, I haven't had the chance to go to it when I've been down there (last time I got a nasty bite on my foot from an ant or spider that made my entire foot swell up like a balloon, so I couldn't do a ton of walking). If you haven't seen it already, you need to go to the antique car museum in Sarasota, it is really interesting.

;) I want to come to the Cusano fest. I figure that because I am half Jewish and half Scottish (and a few French ancestors, too) - the bagpipes, yuh know! - and all liberal that I will fit in.:heh: My drinks of choice are scotch and claret. And because Cusano is confused about my gender I will wear trousers and a chiffon blouse.:faint: Oy gewalt, bring on the completed Bagels and let the skirl of the pipes begin!:)

Oooh, a regular liberalpalooza. I can't wait!

Im coming and I am bringin' Gastonia Can punch.

Its a mix of Cheerwine (cherry soda) and Sundrop(mountain dew like, but more caffinee) and gin.

I hate gin, and this is good.

(p.s. those sodas are a "Carolina Original")

:)

Is it safe to post in this thread yet? I wanted to answer some of the legitimate questions and/or answers that were posted directly to me earlier but there's just so much time in a day. I came back to the thread just now to catch up and I'm a little concerned about getting, well, for want of a better term, :flame:flamed.

Gadget, there is a very big difference between and Cusano; you don't lose your temper and you are never impolite. When confronted with ideas and theories that differ from your own you are interested in instructing others on your beliefs and presenting the information which underpins these. This is cool. You never insult anyone. This, too, is cool.:clap2:

Gadgetlady, I hope you realize that despite our differences, I do enjoy discussing these things with you. I think you'll find that most everyone else here is the same. We can discuss things civilly. While I do consider you to be anti-atheist in some respects, you and Ron are vastly different. You will actually sit and listen to us and have a civil converstation. Ron, on the other hand, blows up when people don't see things his way. I think that if we were in any other thread, we could still have a civil discussion, but there is so much bad blood that I am not sure it is really possible in this one (unless we all put you-know-who on our ignore lists).

Laurend, Are you saying you don't like me anymore?? :)

Gadgetlady, I hope you realize that despite our differences, I do enjoy discussing these things with you. I think you'll find that most everyone else here is the same. We can discuss things civilly. While I do consider you to be anti-atheist in some respects, you and Ron are vastly different. You will actually sit and listen to us and have a civil converstation. Ron, on the other hand, blows up when people don't see things his way. I think that if we were in any other thread, we could still have a civil discussion, but there is so much bad blood that I am not sure it is really possible in this one (unless we all put you-know-who on our ignore lists).

Laurend, Are you saying you don't like me anymore?? :)
Ron, I've never liked you. Just like you've never liked me. The best I can do is be civil.

I can't say I never liked you since I really don't know you. I don't agree with you but that's mutual. And we have butted heads a few times, but civil is good!

Ron, I've never liked you. Just like you've never liked me. The best I can do is be civil.

To share the Gospel with a Jew is not anti-semitic at all. If it were then all the writers of the New Testament would be anti-Semitic, since being Jews themselves, they all went all over the known world to tell other Jews of this great news. The Gospel is offered freely to all men. It is not a matter of coercion. It is a free gift, to be received gratefully to all who wish it. I wish I could explain these things without causing anger or distress. It is so precious to me that I want to share the wonder of it all with any who care to hear. But if they don't, well then, I will leave the conversation graciously. I used to be such a bitter, fervent christian-hater.....till God took me to the limit of myself and I hit the bottom. Oh happy day when my load was lifted and the Lord adopted me as His child!

Susan

For what it's worth, I apoligize for flying off the handle a few times. When I get into it with several people at the same time, and the digs and insults and sarcasm start coming at me, I have a hard time not responding in kind. I know it's not right, especially from a Christian, and I am working on it. God is not through with me yet. I am very, very passionate about the scriptures, and I feel like I am always on the defensive here.

Yes, it is.