Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Colorado bulldogs
Never heard of it, do tell!

Maybe we should have just given them free medical care, Visa cards and drivers licences without ID, like the illegal immigrants, and maybe those big, bad terrorists would then be nice to us! If you love them so much, I am sure you could find a home there if you didn't mind giving up your comfortable western lifestyle. I mean, that would be the "liberal" thing to do, right!

Most liberals realize the big bad terrorists aren't going to be nice to us no matter what we do.

Ann Coulter is a HORRIBLE woman and a piss-poor example of a patriotic American. She accused the 9/11 widows of "enjoying their husbands' deaths". Since then, I have made it a point NOT to read anything written by Ann Coulter.

I agree. She is a hateful woman.

You can hang out with me, Green, Laurend, BJean, Lisa25, Carlene, and anyone else I'm failing to mention.

I heard a rumor the Dixie Chicks will be playing a concert for us all there...:high5: :peace:

:)

Is it safe to post in this thread yet? I wanted to answer some of the legitimate questions and/or answers that were posted directly to me earlier but there's just so much time in a day. I came back to the thread just now to catch up and I'm a little concerned about getting, well, for want of a better term, :flame:flamed.

You will never be flamed by me (and I can't speak for everyone, but I am sure none of the other regulars who post here would either), so it will always be safe to say what you feel.

You may see things written that you do not like. You may be the kindest person in the world, but if you are voting the same way that KKK members or Neo-Nazi members constantly vote, you might not like to hear that people who vote that way are responsible for this or that, but they are. Maybe your vote was based on different intentions than the KKK members and Neo-Nazi members, or maybe the code words that KKK members and Neo-Nazi members use are unknown to you, but any statements about those issues can still be valid without it being a personal attack on you.

[/size][/font]My husband makes more than I do in base salary, but when you add in bonus (ours are large while his company doesn't give them), I make about the same amount he does. Actually I think a little more. When we have child chances are great that we will both work, but we have discussed who would work and who would stay home if those chances changed. Given the essentially equal gross, that my benefits are better & cheaper for him to join than the reverse, and that (saying it frankly) I'm more likely to grow farther and faster in my career than he is in his, it would make a lot of very practical sense for me to continue working while he stayed home. Plus his field is one where even not working as a FTE, he could easily pick up a contracting job that could be done on his own time from home. I could too, and do contract, but my contracts require face to face meetings whereas his do not.
I hope we can party together in Hell.:)

I PBed today. Happy anniversary to me.

But when I weighed this morning I was down another 4 lbs which makes a year total of just under 130lbs. And I'd drink to that!

WOO-HOOO :clap2: :clap2:

And what better way to Celebrate a bandiversary then a good PB!?

I'm a little concerned about getting, well, for want of a better term, :flame:flamed.
I doubt Ron Cusano would flame you. That seems to be reserved for the people who disagree with him. I can't say liberals, because it's more than that, so I think I'll just go with general disagree.

Ok we need logs for the fire, kindling and matches maybe we can siphon some gas out of the car to start the fire, so we better bring a hose, at least a 15 footer. Any of you able to suck real good? So you can start the siphon, I mean.

Ok I think I have everything here. We should meet in the parking lot and who has an SUV so we can get everything in?

Do you think we should bring a tent in case with any luck we'll pass out and spend the night? Yeah. That could happen especially with the amount of booze I'm bringing. So we probably should put in a little cook stove and some pans and food for Breakfast. Any of youse bandsters can't eat eggs?

Oooh. I just had a thought...if we're going to spend the night, shouldn't we bring a mattress of some sort? Yeah? Well, I guess we should bring our own blankets and pillows. No sense roughing it.

All set? PART-EE PART-EE PART-EE PART-EE. Oh wait a minute. I forgot something, I have to go to bed and get some sleep because we're looking for office space tomorrow. Darn. How disappointing. Well Wheetsin, let's just say we partied and celebrated your one year in spirit! It was some good time, I'll tell you! And the best thing was that none of us got hurt - nobody got cut or swallowed gasoline, or choked on a pineapple rind. It was all good.

Nite ya'll.

I have a nice portable gazebo I can bring. Along with some camp cots. Would suggesting S'mores with the campfire be bad?

And what better way to Celebrate a bandiversary then a good PB!?
That's what I'm saying! It's like poetic justice to the extreme.

And it was a two-fer (two yaks to get it gone), AND I had to do it while hosting a conference call... "You know what, I'm being frantically flagged down to help with something. <insert name>, can you take over for me while I go take care of a fire real quick?"

Most liberals realize the big bad terrorists aren't going to be nice to us no matter what we do.
There is little doubt that we can not change the mindset of Osama Bin Laden or his henchmen, but the minds of the youth of Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. are still open to change. When the youth of those countries see US soldiers knocking in doors of Muslims, US planes bombing and strafing Muslim homes, scenes from hospitals of Muslim infants, children, women and men with limbs missing, does anyone blame them for being ready and willing to join Osama?

And the answer is not to stop the TV broadcasts of the truth. The answer is to stop the USA from bullying Muslims.

The US has a difficult role. Everyone knows that the US is the Super Power of the world. When it attacks countries 1/10th their size with 1/10th their population, they can not win.

If they win militarily, they are bullies.

If they lose militarily, they are the laughing stock of the world.

90% of the world was on the side of the USA in 1991 to free Kuwait and again in 2002 to find Osama in Afghanistan. Less than 10% of the world is with the US in its fiasco in Iraq.

George W. Bush is as successful in recruiting favorable world opinion as Ron is converting LBT members to his way of thinking.

And so we get to my real question, which is this: by what criterion do you determine what in the Bible is fact and what is fable? What doctrine(s) do you dismiss because you don't like it, don't believe it, or don't think it should apply to you? What happens if you dismiss something that should be a central doctrine? How do you reconcile a belief that the account of Noah's ark didn't really happen when Jesus spoke about it as a real and true account? It just seems to me that Christianity isn't a salad bar, where you take what you like and leave the onions behind.

I don't treat my faith like that at all. And the reason it's hard for me to answer you definitivly is that I don't have black and white rules for deciding what to take literally and what not to.

I never said I don't believe the account of Noah's ark, so I'm not sure why you are asking me that.

I've done a lot of reading, talking, listening and prayer in my faith. I have core beliefs about God, and so when I read the Bible I keep those in mind. I don't filter it based on what I want it to mean, I try very hard to be honest with myself and follow what I believe God wants. I may get some of it wrong, but as long as I'm being honest in my heart and mind and trying to follow Him, I believe His mercy will cover whatever I might miss.

I know I'm going to Hell now.

Us too. I'm the major breadwinner in our marriage, and if we'd had kids, DH would have stayed home to raise them. I believe God gave me the skills I use to earn my living, so why not use them?

I think it's cool that you recognize your wife is still beatiful!

I am a Beer or Wine Guy, not much in for the whole shooter thing but I love the beach. As a matter of fact in just over a week I will be parking my ass (I would say big fat ass but the truth is from the waist down I'm pretty taut) on the beach at Anna Maria Florida.

So no S'mores for me but a big yes to any cold beers or a glass or ten of a big bold Cab with lots of tanins and earthyness with the taste of black current, bell peppers and a hit of vanila.

If I'm invited that is!!

When I was a kid growing up back in the 50’s, homosexuality was something that was not even discussed because of the disgrace associated with it. In fact, being call a “queer” was one of the worst things someone could call you. How things have changed.

Once again, “political correctness” reared it’s ugly head, and up sprung the “Gay Rights Movement”. The word “gay” means to be elated, happy and lighthearted! Can anyone explain how the word “gay” came to be used to describe something that God calls an abomination?

Before we knew it, homosexuals had their own parade on national television, and public figures came “out of the closet” to embrace and support this perverted lifestyle. The latest lie is that homosexuals are “born that way”, and can’t help themselves. Now, of course, it is politically incorrect not to accept homosexuality as equal to hetrosexuality.

Of course, what happens in society often seeps into the church, as attested to by the recent and frequent reports in the media of the many homosexuals now occuping the pulpits of many formally solid church denominations. Just another rung on the “Last Day’s Hidden Agenda”.

Me thinks thou protest too much.

The Reverend Ted Haggard also used to protest the Gay agenda and Congressman Mark Foley was a protector of children from child abuse.

Is there a hidden agenda in your hidden agenda? Are you hiding something so fearful that you must erupt in anger against it? Are you hiding something so personal that you must erupt in anger against it?

You say you do not hate Gays, but you write about them as almost sub-human and as if they are slime spreading all over our souls. Adolph Hitler included Gays in his "Final Solution". What is your final solution for the Gay agenda? Will you convert Gays into heterosexuals, so that Gays for Jesus can join the Jews for Jesus? Ron, if you are successful, Heaven will become very crowded.