Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

No we are not, but we are not all wrong, as many here seem to think.

Yes. And having your babies run down in the middle of the road by tanks that have "Made in USA" printed on the sides is bound to engender some hostility. That's why I have said all along that while actions taken against us are not necessarily "right", nor are we "innocent".

Oh and the last part of my post that had what I said before:

The more I write "proof" the more it looks wrong to me.

And if you think my humor is blasphemous, I say God has a since of humor.. look at the platopus.

Its a mammal.. it lays eggs, but milk feeds its young, It has webbed feet and a tail, yet has fur.

Oh yes.. and from the bible.

"the marriage bed lays undefiled"

Or is that out of context too?

I nominate you!

You can say something like this, and still get bent out of shape about a joke about a BJ? Wow.

That is in perfect context, but what does that have to do with off-color humor by a supposed Christian on a public forum??

Oh and the last part of my post that had what I said before:

Oh yes.. and from the bible.

"the marriage bed lays undefiled"

Or is that out of context too?

You see something sexual there??

You can say something like this, and still get bent out of shape about a joke about a BJ? Wow.

Not at all. I just think joking about executing someone for daring to disagree with the president is much worse then joking about a BJ. That's just me, other's won't agree. I'm OK with that.

Again, Ron, you and your scholars take what you want to take literally, I and mine will take what we want to take literally.

And to say that Catholics are sacrificing him thats ludicrous. How do you know He didnt want us to do it everyweek?

Maybe He didnt intend it to happen everyweek, maybe He is happy we do it everyweek now.

When someone says, "take the bible literally" and when Jesus said, "take this and eat of it, it is my body" and we take it literally, you say context.

Again. Its ALL literal or it is not.

You have your beliefs, and I am glad you do.

Do not force your "context" on my "literal", and I will not do the same to you.

Originally Posted by Ron Cusano viewpost.gif

Technically yes, I see something sexual there. You are telling TOM to be gay.

Whatever you say!

Again, Ron, you and your scholars take what you want to take literally, I and mine will take what we want to take literally.

And to say that Catholics are sacrificing him thats ludicrous. How do you know He didnt want us to do it everyweek?

Maybe He didnt intend it to happen everyweek, maybe He is happy we do it everyweek now.

When someone says, "take the bible literally" and when Jesus said, "take this and eat of it, it is my body" and we take it literally, you say context.

Again. Its ALL literal or it is not.

You have your beliefs, and I am glad you do.

Do not force your "context" on my "literal", and I will not do the same to you.

Ok for you Ron.

After um.. 10 years of not wearing makeup because I thought it was offensive to God, I am going to start wearing it again because, you say thats not what He meant.

Can you take it up with Him if have to go to hell?

Holy crap! 164 pages of posts on...? Whether the Bible is meant to be taken literally or whether Peter's a misogynistic pig? (Sorry, couldn't help myself). I tried wading through it, but damn!

Does this thread come with a Cliff's Notes?

PS: Ann Coulter's a hack. Divisive, self-centered, always looking for the money, more than willing to contribute to the problem if it furthers her pocketbook. JMO.

For what it's worth, I think the bible is allegorical and there are more mythical insights to be found in it than literal. Although it does have a few literal here and there.

But then, I was raised Greek Orthodox. And we all know how tricksy those Greeks can be!

This thread has been about so many things it would be difficult to summarize. But the one constant is that, when you're in subjective territory, there is no right or absolute.

Now since this thread is as subjective as its content, the 10 others can post their 10 summaries that do not resemble mine.

Ann Coulter is the worst kind of sell out.