Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I was not talking about all Muslim, I was talking about the Muslim extremists who saw off peoples heads!!

That's like saying Jews killed Jesus, therefore Jews are bad people. Only a small fraction of Muslims are extremists and/or terrorists. Remember, Hitler claimed to be a Christian.

If it isn't literal that how can it be accurate? Do you just pick and choose what you want to believe as literal, and the rest discard because you don't like it? No, this was never dealth with before, just evaded!!

HELLO.....earth to Ron. I think that was YOU. Remember all those posts of yours about "context"? The Bible is literal, except when it isn't?

You have absolutely no grasp of the use of context, theology or Bible interpertation, view the Bible as allogorical, so how could you possible understand.

HELLO.....earth to Ron. I think that was YOU. Remember all those posts of yours about "context"? The Bible is literal, except when it isn't?

I was not talking about all Muslim, I was talking about the Muslim extremists who saw off peoples heads!!
We are much better than Muslims. We don't saw off people's heads, we just shoot them off with 50mm machine gun bullets and bombs and missiles.

By the way, some of the Muslims kidnapped by the CIA and sent to foreign countries for torture were innocent.

Over half the people who were at Guantanamo Bay for over three years have been released because they were innocent.

A small price to pay for your secuirty? Right Ron?

Why do you fear death so much that you are willing to see innocent people tortured to help you survive a little longer on Earth? Aren't you sure that God and Jesus are waiting for you in Heaven?

Well, I guess that shows what you're all about, doesn't it! Yeah God has a sense of humor and gave us sex for enjoyment as well as procreation, but everything has it's place, and crude jokes in a public forum certainly does not glorify the Lord. At least not the Lord I serve!

You don't think God has a sense of humor? You don't think Christians should enjoy sex, oral and otherwise? Maybe that's what's wrong with you, Ron. Maybe you need more sex and less hell fire and brimstone. Maybe we can get you and George a two-for-one deal.

First of all, Catholic and Geeek Orthodox students of scripture are not Conservative , are very liberal, and do not accept the literal understand of the Bible. They interpret it allogorically, meaning it is all symbolic and open to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Secondly, Conservative students of scripture, meaning those from non-liberal foundations, all agree of the major doctrines of the faith concerning salvation, which is the backbone of true Christianity. Everything else takes second place. If yolu understood theology, you would understand this.

So, Ron, your point here is the same one that you've been making all along. That is: those that understand the Bible exactly like you do are the "true" Christians, and all others are not. To me that seems to be the most arrogant position a human can assume. But if it makes you feel good, go for it.

To me, this is exactly the problem with all organized religion. Every religion seems to have the view, to one degree or another, that their way is the only way, and that all others will burn for eternity. By definition this way of thinking means either that (1) every religious person is wrong, or (2) almost every religious person is wrong, but a few who happen to believe in the one "true" religion are actually right. Either way the whole thing just seems preposterous and ridiculous and unworthy of thinking human beings.

In my view, I'm willing to believe that there is some sort of supreme being who has created the marvel of this Universe, but I could never have the audacity to believe that I "understand" such an entity.

I tell you what then, when the Taliban and Osama come for a visit, you be the first one to greet them with a kiss!

We are much better than Muslims. We don't saw off people's heads, we just shoot them off with 50mm machine gun bullets and bombs and missiles.

By the way, some of the Muslims kidnapped by the CIA and sent to foreign countries for torture were innocent.

Over half the people who were at Guantanamo Bay for over three years have been released because they were innocent.

A small price to pay for your secuirty? Right Ron?

Why do you fear death so much that you are willing to see innocent people tortured to help you survive a little longer on Earth? Aren't you sure that God and Jesus are waiting for you in Heaven?

No, I don't get to decide who a real Christian is . . . God does! That's why He gave is the scriptures, the Holy Spirit to teach us, and Jesus to save us. But, you just go ahead and do it YOUR way!

First of all, Catholic and Geeek Orthodox students of scripture are not Conservative , are very liberal, and do not accept the literal understand of the Bible. They interpret it allogorically, meaning it is all symbolic and open to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Secondly, Conservative students of scripture, meaning those from non-liberal foundations, all agree of the major doctrines of the faith concerning salvation, which is the backbone of true Christianity. Everything else takes second place. If yolu understood theology, you would understand this.

So, Ron, your point here is the same one that you've been making all along. That is: those that understand the Bible exactly like you do are the "true" Christians, and all others are not. To me that seems to be the most arrogant position a human can assume. But if it makes you feel good, go for it.

To me, this is exactly the problem with all organized religion. Every religion seems to have the view, to one degree or another, that their way is the only way, and that all others will burn for eternity. By definition this way of thinking means either that (1) every religious person is wrong, or (2) almost every religious person is wrong, but a few who happen to believe in the one "true" religion are actually right. Either way the whole thing just seems preposterous and ridiculous and unworthy of thinking human beings.

In my view, I'm willing to believe that there is some sort of supreme being who has created the marvel of this Universe, but I could never have the audacity to believe that I "understand" such an entity.

Just because your opinion is backed up by other opinions does not make an opinion right, it just makes it a "popular" opinion. We all know what opinions are like........

I am not going to say how I came back in to the folds of the flock of the Lord, however I will say that my proof of His existance is NOT in the bible.

I do not need to say the bible is 110% literal.

I know God exists, I have personal proof of what he did for me.

I have faith that the essence of the bible is correct.

That Noah did have an ark, that he saved alot of animals. To what extent, I do not know. Do I think that it was every land based mammal, no. I think the "world" at that time was centered around the Middle East and he saved those animals in that part of the world.

I use the quotes around "world" because at even the time of the middle ages before Columbus discovered the americas or Marco Polo went to China on a boat, people didnt think out side of Europe as even exisiting.

The "world" was very small in people's minds back then.

The discovery of the America's didnt make God or the people who wrote Genesis wrong, it changed the CONTEXT of their meaning of "world"

Which is why, I can not take the entire bible literally.

Jesus, died, was buried and rose again. Literal.

When Catholics take part of communion, we share in the (not looking up the right word) transfiguration of the Lord's commandment at the last supper to "take this and eat of my body" and the wafers are transfigured in to the body and the wine in to the blood of Christ. We are taking that commandment Literally, but to some people, thats pishpaw, that must be figurative. You take your verses that you and your scholars want to take literally, We will take our verses that our scholars want to take literally.

One only sees what one wants to see.

One who holds on to "proof" more tightly in his hand than faith will often see "proof" slip thru his fingers.

I for one, will hold on to my faith, to my experiences, to my God in my way.

I do not have the answers to bring more people to God. Would I love to say I brought an Atheist to the Lord? Yes, but I think its more of a "notch on my belt" arrogance at this point than a true desire to bring someone to God.

All I can say is He is out there, He is watching, He loves us.

God takes only the good in people, Satan takes the bad.

Go read CS Lewis, he explains it better than I can. (the whole series, not just the first one)

Here it is again.. darn, I thought it was a good post too.

He did use them in 1988. I think many said "Made in USA" on the side of the weapon.
Yes. And having your babies run down in the middle of the road by tanks that have "Made in USA" printed on the sides is bound to engender some hostility. That's why I have said all along that while actions taken against us are not necessarily "right", nor are we "innocent".

Here is where contect is so important! When Jesus "Thgis is my body" and "this is my blood", he was celebrating the Passover with His deciples and enjoying the tradational Seder meal. He was speaking to Jews who Celebrate the Passover once a year. When He said, "as often as you do this, do it in rememberence of me", he was referring to when the Jews break the unleavened bread annually at the Passover seder, and not instructing us to do thsi every week. There is nothing wrong with observing this ofter, but that was not the Lord's intent.

The scriptures also sat that "Christ was sacrificed once, for all" and that He "can not be sacrified again" it means exactly what it says. In the Catholic mass, with what you call "transubstanciation" you believe the host becomes the actual body and blood of Christ and you sacrifice him againb at every mass. That is what is wrong with the allogorical understanding of scripture.

Here it is again.. darn, I thought it was a good post too.