Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

And that coming from the "KING OF PUT DOWN"!! Hello! Have you read your own posts! You have got to be kidding, right??
I have never said that any member of LBT is going to Hell because of their religious views.

Earlier I posted something about "Global Warming" containing 12 items. You said that it was my opinion. I showed that 5 were questions, one was an opinion and 6 were facts.

You can not seem to distinguish between fact and opinion. Or questions for that matter.

I have told you a dozen times that I have faith in Jesus, but you want to hear that "I know" so that I can be in your club. I will never join your club.

I am very upset with this guy! I am yelling! He tears me apart but crys like a baby if I ask HIM to explain himself.

Ron your last 2 posts seems to be yelling.

I couldn't care less about you global warming fantacy. You keep questioning my faith but cry like a 10 year old if I question yours. Let's talk about those facts!

I have never said that any member of LBT is going to Hell because of their religious views.

Earlier I posted something about "Global Warming" containing 12 items. You said that it was my opinion. I showed that 5 were questions, one was an opinion and 6 were facts.

You can not seem to distinguish between fact and opinion. Or questions for that matter.

I have told you a dozen times that I have faith in Jesus, but you want to hear that "I know" so that I can be in your club. I will never join your club.

I am not asking you to change your beliefs, Just explain the if you can!
You are faily accurate.

The reason I will not dicuss any more that I have faith in Jesus with Ron, is because I have watched him pick apart anyone that does not agree with his interpretation of scriptures 110%. Knowing that I believe in Jesus and knowing that I believe that Jesus can save me from my sins is not good enouigh for Ron, but it will have to be.

How do you know Jesus can save you from your sins if you don't believe the biblical account? What do you base it on??? How can you believe in something without something to believe in?
I have faith. That will have to be good enough for you.
I have never asked Ron to change his beliefs of what the Bible says or means. I have asked him to admit that his "knowing" is actually faith. I have asked him to stop condemning other people's beliefs, to which he answers, that he doesn't do it, scriptures do it.

I will be 62 years old in 6 weeks. Ron is already 62. He does not have to ack like we are two kindergarten children.

If he will not exchange ideas with me, then all I can say is "No one is more blind that one who will not see".

I am the one doing all the "exchanging" while you are doing all the complaining! What have YOU exchanged?? You don't answer question, just cry about Bush and social issues!! Get real will you!
Jesus also complained about social issues and he took the opposite side of the fense than you and BuSh take. Are not the Beatitudes in your Bible?

I have posted in this thread close to 100 times and maybe 5% have mentioned BuSh.

If you honestly feel that way, fine, then what do you have faith in? How do you know anything about Jesus and going to Heaven aside from the Bible? Heck, how do you even know there is a Heaven if not for the Bible? How do you know about the love of God or God's presence? Where do the beliefs come from. These are real sincere, legimate questions! Can you provide an answer?

Ron: To answer your question, I have one word for you that is all important: FAITH

Just because someone doesn't interpret the Bible to be the exact word of God, or because one doesn't believe that the Bible should be taken literally, does not mean that they can't have faith in the Bible or in God.

Just because it is necessary for you to believe that the Bible is literal, doesn't mean that it is necessary for everyone. TommyO made some excellent points about that.

Not all of us have to have proof that we are not going to hell. Some of us just believe that we are not going to hell because we believe in the love of God and because we have faith that our good works and our love for God, ourselves and mankind will be sufficient reasons for us to be allowed to grace God's presence in heaven.

Besides there are too many inconsistencies in the Bible and the Bible has been passed through too many hands and been translated too many times for anyone to have no shadow of a doubt that it didn't change some in the process.

How do you know about the love of God or God's presence?
Didn't you just say that you believe god makes himself known? Even to those without bibles?

(No, I'm not quoting or putting words in anyone's mouth, I'm asking, because I don't recall off-hand and don't want to go back and search).

I am very upset with this guy! I am yelling! He tears me apart but crys like a baby if I ask HIM to explain himself.
I have not torn you apart and I do not cry.

You are changing the subject from the topic to me.

Yes, you have been the topic, because you will not respect anyone's religious beliefs except of those of some of the Conservative Christians.

You have had the gall to tell Carlene that she needs to study more. She probably has done more thinking on religion than anyone else who has posted here, including you and I combined.

You come between members and their God. What gives you the right to do that except your stubborn conviction that the Bible speaks through you. It is not scriptures typing away at your keyboard, it is Ron Cusano typing those ugly thoughts.

I haven't had time to post in the thread (barely even had time to catch up and keep up) but I noticed with interest that Ron stated several times that he didn't want to get into a discussion of different religions (specifically Catholicism) and yet was dragged into it and then attacked -- by pretty much everyone. And yet TOM isn't willing to discuss his beliefs because he's afraid of getting attacked. Maybe it's because he's seen the bloodshed (and participated in it).

Jesus, in the New Testament, treated the Old Testament as literal. If it's good enough for Him, it's good enough for me. If you believe that Jesus was crucified, died, and was resurrected on the third day, it seems you can only believe this through the authority of the Bible. And if you believe this to be literal, why do you disregard other doctrine and say it must be allegorical? It just doesn't make sense.

If you honestly feel that way, fine, then what do you have faith in? How do you know anything about Jesus and going to Heaven aside from the Bible? Heck, how do you even know there is a Heaven if not for the Bible? How do you know about the love of God or God's presence? Where do the beliefs come from. These are real sincere, legimate questions! Can you provide an answer?
Maybe she can, but she doesn't have to provide them for you.

Sorry BJean, you spoke up for me and I hope you don't mind if I speak for you.

Fine! If your faith is off limits to discuss, then don't dare question mine! I have no desire to discuss you idea of social issues especially since they have nothing to do with my faith, so don't address them to me because I will refuse to anser just like you refuse to be honest about your beliefs!

I have faith. That will have to be good enough for you.

Jesus also complained about social issues and he took the opposite side of the fense than you and BuSh take. Are not the Beatitudes in your Bible?

I have posted in this thread close to 100 times and maybe 5% have mentioned BuSh.

If you remember correctly, we were talking about people in remote areas of the world where they would not have access to hear the Gospel. That is certainly not the case here.

Didn't you just say that you believe god makes himself known? Even to those without bibles?

(No, I'm not quoting or putting words in anyone's mouth, I'm asking, because I don't recall off-hand and don't want to go back and search).

Fine! If your faith is off limits to discuss, then don't dare question mine! I have no desire to discuss you idea of social issues especially since they have nothing to do with my faith, so don't address them to me because I will refuse to anser just like you refuse to be honest about your beliefs!
My faith is not off limits to discuss. What is off limits is how I came to my faith without following the same path that you did.

If I told you that an Angel appeared to me in a dream and told me that Jesus had special plans for me, would you believe me?

So your idea of a debate or discussion to to rag on someone without opening youself up for the same? That coming from someone with the big concern about social issues and doing the right thing! Hypocritial isn't it?? Beside, I think she can speak for herself without your help!

Sorry BJean, you spoke up for me and I hope you don't mind if I speak for you.

No one HAS to do anything. But it seems that if all you do is attack and never provide a basis for your OWN beliefs, then it appears to me that you're afraid of being attacked because your own foundation is so shaky. I just can't think of another reason why someone would be "all in" on the "attack" side of this discussion/thread and yet be afraid to stick a toe in the Water about his/her own beliefs.

Is that your story?? Is that what you're saying? No, I wouldn't believe you, but at least I would know where you were coming from and I could also express my opinion of your beliefs like you love to do about mine.

My faith is not off limits to discuss. What is off limits is how I came to my faith without following the same path that you did.

If I told you that an Angel appeared to me in a dream and told me that Jesus had special plans for me, would you believe me?