Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

We aren't! He explained His meaning of what a day is during creation.

Again, we can not take Genesis literally.

God's days are not our days.

Time means nothing to Him

Why should we put our time contraints on Him.

To do so would be to take it literally, and wrong

Ron if you're not saying that divorced people who remarry are adulterers, why didn't you simply say that "The Apostle Paul" said in the Bible that divorced people who remarry are adulterers? You stated it like you invented the concept.

I am not calling them adulterers. The Apostle Paul did! I'm just telling you what he wrote. Do you think he was arrogant too??

I absolutely believe that Paul was a male chauvinist. Not too sure that you aren't, as well.

Women were permitted to teach, only not to teach men because men were to take their place as head of the household both at home and within the church.

I would not live with a man who believed this way. My husband can be co-head of the household. But he ain't gonna be my boss!

If I remember the question correctly, I was asked what the Bible said about adultry under circumstances, and I gave an answer. Far be it from me to decide what is right or wrong. When I quote the Bible I usually don't include who the writer was because the importsant fact is that it is there in the first place.

Everything that I have been saying here for months now has been what the scriptures say, and not my personal opinion which means nothing. If you got that impression, I apoligize.

Ron if you're not saying that divorced people who remarry are adulterers, why didn't you simply say that "The Apostle Paul" said in the Bible that divorced people who remarry are adulterers? You stated it like you invented the concept.

Because he believes they ARE in the throes of adultery. He just won't take responsibility for his opinion. I hate that. If you believe it's true, by golly, say so!

I do believe it because the Bible says it. I amk saying it and have been saying it, but I did non make the rule. Don't you comprehend that""

Because he believes they ARE in the throes of adultery. He just won't take responsibility for his opinion. I hate that. If you believe it's true, by golly, say so!

Far be it from me to decide what is right or wrong.

Oh, PLEEEEZE! You have been telling us for how many pages now what is right and what is wrong? Do I need to cut and past examples?

And don't be blaming it on the Bible! Whenever anyone else quotes the Bible, it's "out of context", but when it suits YOU, it's all literal truth.

I do believe it because the Bible says it. I amk saying it and have been saying it, but I did non make the rule. Don't you comprehend that""

Of course I comprehend that. And thank you for owning your opinion - at long last.

Carlene he won't even state that it is his opinion that the Bible is to be taken literally. He says that the Bible says that it is to be taken literally. He doesn't think at all for himself, evidentally. He only tells us what the Bible says, it isn't him saying it. He's voiced that here quite often. He's only the messenger. If the Bible doesn't say how to resolve the fact that fetuses are sinners, he doesn't have a way to solve it. Just wants us to know the message that remarried divorced people are adulterers and that fetuses are sinners.

Since Paul was an apostle of the Lord, and the writer of almost half of the New Testament, which is the Word of God, then you would also have to believe that God is a male chauvinist as well. That is some pretty flawed thinking and reasoning especially for a Christian. Sounds like you know better that God! Now that sound rebellious doesn't it! You apparently pick and choose what you want to believe and discard the rest!! Where do you come up with this stuff??

I absolutely believe that Paul was a male chauvinist. Not too sure that you aren't, as well.

I would not live with a man who believed this way. My husband can be co-head of the household. But he ain't gonna be my boss!

This circle of posts has become so silly I am going to opt out (I know you'll all be disapointed LOL) and I'm leaving so I can try to do something so I can fit into Carlene's smaller jeans.

I ONLY quote what is in the Bible, and as far as taking things out of context, "it is what it is"!

Oh, PLEEEEZE! You have been telling us for how many pages now what is right and what is wrong? Do I need to cut and past examples?

And don't be blaming it on the Bible! Whenever anyone else quotes the Bible, it's "out of context", but when it suits YOU, it's all literal truth.

Ron....(and all)

I'm going to go walk my dog now. Thanks for all the stimulating conversation. I will be back later.

For the record, I just want to say that I respect all religions and beliefs. I respect Atheists, too. In general, I have found them to be highly intelligent people - thus their drive to question and to look for proof what the rest of us sit back and accept on faith.

I believe that there is room in heaven for all who want to go there. And even though the Bible says "narrow is the way", I think it's not as narrow as some people's minds.

Jesus did not die for Catholics, for Baptists, for Methodists, or LDS members. He died for ALL of us - so that our sins might be forgiven. Let's don't be making him build a bunch of fences in heaven so some of us won't be disappointed to know the others got there!

Which brings me back to a statement I made looong ago in this post.

Divorce is bad in the bible. Divorce is legal in this country.

Why arent the right wingers forcing stricter divorce laws?

Because its based on a biblical belief.

Adultery is no more wrong than Homosexuality according to the bible.

IF we want one law that is based on the bible, we must fight for them all.

Which in a free society is WRONG.

Just because God thinks its bad, we can not enforce those laws upon our society.

I know God doesnt like divorce, I know God doesnt like ANY sin.

BUT what is a sin to me is NOT a sin in other religions or to non-religious folks.

Just because we make it legal in this country to do something, does not mean that as a God-believing person, Im gonna run right out there and do it.

I still have my principals and my God to answer to.

The fact remains that some people dont feel they have a God to answer to and they have rights as well.

The right to marry and the right to divorce.

And if we had laws to prevent me from leaving him legally, I would have fought that tooth and nail.

Just as God forgives sinners. I think he forgives stupid mistakes too.

And no matter what our laws allow or dont allow, HE expects us to obey Him.