Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

This may not sit well with your feeling and emotions, but you ned to trust God to judge righteously.

I do trust God. It's people like you I don't trust to "judge righteously".

I told Cheyenne that Kate was most certainly going to heaven when she does finally die. And I believe that. Because if you take this little life and look at the good she did, vs the bad, she is deserving of God's grace.

It was not Kate's fault that she was not brought up to go to church. If there is punishment due for her not accepting Christ, then it's her parents who should burn, not her. What if she had been 10, or 11? Would that have earned her a get-out-of-hell free card?

Yes, but when we, being human do continue to sin, the Bibles tells us that God continues to forgive us if we just ask! You limit the grace and love of God!

The same Southern Baptist Church that I mentioned earlier considers my first husband and me still married. Nevermind that we had our marriage annuled by the Catholic Church. (They do not recognize the doctrine or sacraments of other churches) (Which by the way, the Catholic Church does!) Nevermind that I have remarried and that my first husband's biological child was adopted (with biological father's consent) by my current husband. Nevermind that my first husband has remarried and had a daughter. Nevermind that both of us from our first marriage have lived happy married lives with subsequent spouses and have provided loving, Christian homes for our children. We are still married according to their doctrine. Period.

Makes about as much sense as saying that once saved, always saved, no matter how you behave. You can slide from grace, you can play cards, you can dance, you can fornicate, you can kill someone, but they believe that you will always be forgiven because you were saved and baptised according to that church's interpretation of the Bible and because of their doctrine which is based upon that interpretation. In their eyes, that's part of the beautiful package of being saved, having accepted fully that Jesus died for your sins, and that God is the one true God. Very very nice for believers of that doctrine. If you understand all of that, you might more easily understand why it is so important that some people believe that theirs is the only "literal" interpretation that is possible. Very sweet, very convenient, very liberating, very single-minded and to a degree very self-serving.

Ron, you don't really mean take it up with your own church, do you? You believe that your way is the only way, so what good will it do us to take it up with our church really? That is if it doesn't embrace the same teachings as yours.

What I meant was that she is a Catholic and her own church hold the same view on marriage, so she should argue her case with tham as well

Ron, you don't really mean take it up with your own church, do you? You believe that your way is the only way, so what good will it do us to take it up with our church really? That is if it doesn't embrace the same teachings as yours.

No, no, no. I am not liimiting the grace and love of God. You are by saying that your ideology is the only true one that God accepts for entry into heaven. That is extremely limiting!

Let's start with the fact that we are all sinners and in need of salvation, even from the womb.

How is it that a fetus, that isn't even to the point of sentience or cognition, has sinned? What sin has it committed?

It is not my ideology, it is God's expressed plan of salvation according to the scriptures. I have nothing to do with it.

No, no, no. I am not liimiting the grace and love of God. You are by saying that your ideology is the only true one that God accepts for entry into heaven. That is extremely limiting!

We all inherit the sin of Adan and Eve and are therefore sinners from the womb. Sin is not mearly an act, it is a condition, but God has provided a a way out through salvation.

How is it that a fetus, that isn't even to the point of sentience or cognition, has sinned? What sin has it committed?

Go back and read the Genesis account and you will see it says "and the morning and the evening were a day".

I am having trouble finding what I am looking for, but lets take Genesis for what its worth.

7 days. Who's days? My days here as measured by 24 hrs? God's days that Paul say are thousands of years?

It says "a day is LIKE a thousand years, and a thousand years is LIKE a day" with the implecation being that time means nothing to God.

Genesis says days. Paul says Gods days are 1000's of years.

Genesis does not say how long a day is. Paul made this assumption.

Am I to take Genesis literally or am I to believe Paul? IF this is the case, we are told in Genesis that the flood waters stayed for 150 days. There was no difference in the way that the author wrote day for creation as opposed to day for flood Water. I say Paul made an assumption.

I say that is an allegory of what happened in creation.

I say you can not take the words "day" as literal.

I say my faith tells me that God made the world.

I also say that I believe the bible storys are true of Jesus's death and resurection. Did he heal the sick, did he change water to wine? yes!

I say that its translation and interpretation of scriptures that cause the bible not be able to be taken literally.

And I dont need resounding proof of God's existance in a book. Any book.

He has put his finger on my heart and I feel it. (except on Sunday when I tell Him to put His finger on the snooze bar)

I know what God has done for me. I know what has been done in the past.

I have faith. Maybe its blind faith. But I dont need resounding proof written somewhere to believe in God.

Maybe that is the difference between us. You demand the proof. I dont care if I have rock solid evidence that I can show people.

I dont care to have it. I can tell you by my experience what let me back to God. I can not show you or anyone "proof". Someone will always have "other proof" to unprove it.

Maybe I am being "holier than thou" by saying IMHO, its better if you believe if you dont have showable proof but still believe.

The more I write "proof" the more it looks wrong to me.

And if you think my humor is blasphemous, I say God has a since of humor.. look at the platopus.

Its a mammal.. it lays eggs, but milk feeds its young, It has webbed feet and a tail, yet has fur.

So when are you people going to start insisting that every woman take her fetus to get it baptised, just after the sperm penetrates the egg?

What good would that do! Baptism never forgave anyone's sin!

So when are you people going to start insisting that every woman take her fetus to get it baptised, just after the sperm penetrates the egg?

And yes, if you divorce without biblical cause and remarry, you are an adulterer. If that doesn't sit well with you, take it up with God and your own church!

Actually, I've never been divorced. I know there are many on this board who have been, however. And I think that no matter what beliefs you hold in your heart, it's very, very arrogant and unChristian of you to call them adulterers.

Judge not, lest you be judged.

I am not calling them adulterers. The Apostle Paul did! I'm just telling you what he wrote. Do you think he was arrogant too?? Was he "unChristian" as well? Or are you once again putting your opinion in place of what the Word of Gos says??

Actually, I've never been divorced. I know there are many on this board who have been, however. And I think that no matter what beliefs you hold in your heart, it's very, very arrogant and unChristian of you to call them adulterers.

Judge not, lest you be judged.

Ok, ok, baptism doesn't have anything to do with absolving sin. What are we going to do with all these sinning fetuses?

Again, we can not take Genesis literally.

God's days are not our days.

Time means nothing to Him

Why should we put our time contraints on Him.

To do so would be to take it literally, and wrong