Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

See, Ron, this is what I don't understand. Instead of considering other people's information, you keep blustering. In this case, you are wrong. Stand up, be a man, and admit it. Not only are we saying you are wrong, but the Justice Department (you know, the guys that actually arrest people and put them in jail) says you are wrong. I may believe that the Easter Bunny exists because that's what I've been told, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Ron, have you ever consderred that you may not always be right? You appear to reject that possiblity at all costs. Is there a chance that you may have a little racisim in you and it managed to present itself in your earlier statements. How can you improve as a person if you refuse to admit that you may at times make mistakes and that you of all people may be imperfect.

The statement you make about crime is based on a racist opinion you may not even be aware, until now, you have. You can decide to become a better person and use this as a learning experience or you can continue to argue the point at the same time only prove the opposite is true.

Your comment to ousooner was way offside, you are a follower of Christ not Christ. You have no right to judge his commitment to his beliefs you may think you have all the answers and I applaud your strong sense that you know what is right but you do not have all the answers and you never will.

"Judge Not my Christian freind"

Do I believe that more violent crime committed against white is committed by non-whites. Yes I do! Since the prison population is predominately black [...] I come to that conclusion.

Another logical fallacy.

It' very admirable when people can admit they're wrong. It earns them a good measure of respect. So far you've done a good job of bypassing and ignoring other posts where you've been called out. Even the best of luck has to stop somewhere.

Stop it already, will you! I havn't ignored anything. I gave you my opinion on something and told you that is how I believe it is. What exactly is it that you are whinning about!

Another logical fallacy.

It' very admirable when people can admit they're wrong. It earns them a good measure of respect. So far you've done a good job of bypassing and ignoring other posts where you've been called out. Even the best of luck has to stop somewhere.

It's an opinion based upon what evidence I have seen. Am I not entitled to an opinion just like you are?
So now the safe corner is "Can't I have an opinion?" We've been there a time or two before. Sure, you can have an opinion. I belive it was YOUR OPINION I asked for. But when your opinion is racist, and against hard data, you can't expect people to just figure - "that's what he's capable of." Or maybe you can. What do you want -- to voice your opinion, and no one else can voice theirs? Then you need to blog, not messageboard.

No one here said you cannot have an opinion. In fact, what I asked for was YOUR opinion, not what you've read or been fed in some other way, shape or form. So cut the crap. You know you can have an opinion. But to verbalize something so ... insert phrase of choice here... and then pull on your "I'm not allowed to have an opinion!" defense...

Stop it already, will you! I havn't ignored anything. I gave you my opinion on something and told you that is how I believe it is. What exactly is it that you are whinning about!
"Whinning"? LOL

You really can't stand to be wrong, can you? And now I'm whining because I call you on it. That's so cool. :)

You really can't stand to be wrong, can you?

Wheetsin, it's really getting to be pretty amusing. Honestly, it is. Ron has a very predictable pattern. He spouts off about something that he really has no clue about, then gets super upset when people correct him. Instead of admitting he might be wrong about something, he starts screeching about people attacking him and his "Christianity". And then he storms (as well as someone can storm on the internet) off in a huff, not to be seen for a few days.

I mean, really. It's gotten to the point where I am sort of guiltily revving him up just to watch him go.

Well, unfortunately your opinion is coming across as VERY racist, even IF you think you read the fact sheet right. What we are trying to tell you is that you misunderstood what you read.

What the facts are basically is that there are more non-white people in jail than white people. It does NOT mean that there are more NON-white people committing crimes on white people.

Can some one cut and paste an average from some legitimate crime site that says crimes on a white person are committed by what % of the whites vs non-whites?

Also, I read that your comment to "sooner" by putting the word Christian in quotes you were off handedly saying he wasnt "Christian" enough for you because he dissagreed with you. Care to rectify that? Or am I whining?

If you think my opinion is racist, then think what you want! An opinion is an opinion, it is not a statement if infallible fact. And you can voice your opinion all you want, weather you agree with me ot not. When did I ever indicate otherwise. I think you just look for things to argue about and like to find fault any where you can. And that is my opinion, weather you agree or not!

So now the safe corner is "Can't I have an opinion?" We've been there a time or two before. Sure, you can have an opinion. I belive it was YOUR OPINION I asked for. But when your opinion is racist, and against hard data, you can't expect people to just figure - "that's what he's capable of." Or maybe you can. What do you want -- to voice your opinion, and no one else can voice theirs? Then you need to blog, not messageboard.

No one here said you cannot have an opinion. In fact, what I asked for was YOUR opinion, not what you've read or been fed in some other way, shape or form. So cut the crap. You know you can have an opinion. But to verbalize something so ... insert phrase of choice here... and then pull on your "I'm not allowed to have an opinion!" defense...

I don't consider my opinion racist at all. It is based upon my experience and observation. If you have some hard fact that says otherwise, I would be happy to admit that I was mistaken. So far I havn't seen that happen!

I was not saying "Sooner" was not a Christian, I was implying that his views differ from most Conservative Evangelical Christians, which I think are somewhat inconsistant with the faith he embraces.

Well, unfortunately your opinion is coming across as VERY racist, even IF you think you read the fact sheet right. What we are trying to tell you is that you misunderstood what you read.

What the facts are basically is that there are more non-white people in jail than white people. It does NOT mean that there are more NON-white people committing crimes on white people.

Can some one cut and paste an average from some legitimate crime site that says crimes on a white person are committed by what % of the whites vs non-whites?

Also, I read that your comment to "sooner" by putting the word Christian in quotes you were off handedly saying he wasnt "Christian" enough for you because he dissagreed with you. Care to rectify that? Or am I whining?

Oh, you just love to stir up trouble, don't you! You "correct me" but I havn't seen anything to show that my observation is wrong, have I? Then you write that I am "screeching about people attacking him and his "Christianity"! Would you care to show me where I said that?? You want to talk about being raciest and biased? I think you athiest liberals are a bit biased against Christian, are you not?

Wheetsin, it's really getting to be pretty amusing. Honestly, it is. Ron has a very predictable pattern. He spouts off about something that he really has no clue about, then gets super upset when people correct him. Instead of admitting he might be wrong about something, he starts screeching about people attacking him and his "Christianity". And then he storms (as well as someone can storm on the internet) off in a huff, not to be seen for a few days.

I mean, really. It's gotten to the point where I am sort of guiltily revving him up just to watch him go.

An opinion as to whether beige is an attractive colour and should be extensively used in home decor is quite different from an opinion on racial behaviour patterns.

The first, this issue surrounding the use of beige, is purely a question of personal taste. The second issue falls into an entirely different category, that of demographics, and there exists a multitude of studies and statistics on this issue. This is not an arena where you get to float an opinion which is unanchored to prior research into the hard data which currently exists; the stakes are far too high. This is an issue which deals with how we are encouraged to view our fellow brothers and sisters. Careless statements may have far reaching consequences.

You have displayed yourself as being very sympathetic to the plight of the Jews in Europe. I would argue that the Jews were historically set up for mistreatment and repeated attempts for destruction by the majority because they were repeatedly the target of careless and unthinking statements which not only put them in a box but pathologized them. Jews were viewed as being apart and not fully human. They were demonized.

- Sorry for the rupture but my computer decided that it had to do strange things! -

It strikes me that your recent refusal to backtrack on your statement that crime does not have a tendency to stay within a racial framework, even after you were provided with information which indicated that this was true, indicates that you are either racist or careless enough about examining the facts that you are willing to toss unexamined inflamatory material concerning a group of individuals into the open market.

When you toss off a statement which implies that blacks are a criminal underclass who prey on white people in America, and then defend this because this is your opinion and you have a right to your opinion, you are encouraging people to believe that a group of individuals should be viewed as being apart and as being not fully human. This is called demonization, eh.

As I have often said on Rants and Raves, my father's side of the family perished in the Holocaust. There were few survivors. My father's response to this was to raise his kids to be passionately concerned about the responses of all majorities towards all minorities. I believe that we must be sensitive towards each other although this is terribly difficult to do. I believe this is why I enjoy our awful conversations, Cusano. I kinda think that they are productive.

You "correct me" but I havn't seen anything to show that my observation is wrong, have I?
Ron, not only are you a bigot in my opinion, you're apparently blind. Both Wheetsin and TOM posted factual rebuttals to your so-called "opinion" earlier in this thread, around page 91. They were statistics from the FBI, showing that your observation is w-r-o-n-g.
You want to talk about being raciest and biased? I think you athiest liberals are a bit biased against Christian, are you not?
I'm not. I have friends and family that are Christians and that I love dearly. I just don't like so-called "Christians" like you, who use their "faith" and "Christianity" to be bigots.
Then you write that I am "screeching about people attacking him and his "Christianity"! Would you care to show me where I said that??
Have you been here for this thread, Ron? Or has someone been taking over your body? Read the damn thread, it's there in black and white (or black and blue, actually, since those are the LBT colors).

I don't consider my opinion racist at all. It is based upon my experience and observation. If you have some hard fact that says otherwise, I would be happy to admit that I was mistaken. So far I havn't seen that happen!

I was not saying "Sooner" was not a Christian, I was implying that his views differ from most Conservative Evangelical Christians, which I think are somewhat inconsistant with the faith he embraces.

First Ron, you didn't say this until I disagreed on a non-religious issue - your post which I and others found to come off as racist. The only other thing we have differed on, besides your tone, was that same sex marriages are harmful to the society as a whole, though I agree with the teachings of the bible that it is against God's plan. I don't think I am very different than many conservative Christians. I think the problem Ron is that you are trying to be a Christian martyr. You throw things out there and when people disagree, you say poor me, I am being persecuted because I am a Christian. As it has been said early on. the majority of the time it is your tone and argumentative tone that has people upset.